Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski length

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm 6'5" 225 lbs and an advanced skier. The conservative ski length says I should be skiing about a 200 cm length. I don't ski as aggressively as I did in my youth but I still like to ski fast. I'm looking for an all mountain ski. I'm having an extremely difficult time trying to find a all mountain ski in a 195 200 cm length. Suggestions
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can find some skis clocking about 193 but 200+ skis are generally limited to SuperG or Downhill skis which you'd know if you needed them.

Just buy the longest length in a model and be happy.

Last mass market skis I remember being notionally available in 203 were the Volkl Shiro and the Movement Superturbo, but these may have been largely limited to pro issue.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm 6'2 and about the same weight. I ski a 184cm Elan Wingman. The longest ski I looked at was a 190cm but settled for a slightly shorter, narrower ski as I realistically spend most of my time on piste.

K2 Mindbenders and Rossi Sender go up to 194 I think?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What is this 'conservative ski length' of which you speak, that says you should be on a 200cm ski?

Hint: it's wrong.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:

Just buy the longest length in a model and be happy.

Yup. There's a load more about what you mean by AM skis and how strong a skier you are, what terrain you tend to ski and how many different lengths are in the skis' line up but the answer will still be as above.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
if you take a look at this site ( arguably the best ski reviewers available ) , you will find one of the (two) guys is around your size, and they go into a good variety of what is available ( not just a " this is great " promotion of, but ) a why or why not, pros and cons and play off each others input as they are both different sizes and abilities and preferences and on and on .. so you will get a good idea from his take

https://www.youtube.com/@SkiEssentials
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Length is not the only factor, read up on rocker/camber to add extra level of complexity Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dkling1108 wrote:
I'm 6'5" 225 lbs and an advanced skier. The conservative ski length says I should be skiing about a 200 cm length. I don't ski as aggressively as I did in my youth but I still like to ski fast. I'm looking for an all mountain ski. I'm having an extremely difficult time trying to find a all mountain ski in a 195 200 cm length. Suggestions

My stepson is 6’ 4”, 200lbs, former youth racer (slalom and GS) and now ski instructor. You don’t need anywhere near as long as that. He usually skis 183cm Zag AM ski, similar length GS ski or 165cm slalom ski. Apart from the AM skis he’s using the skis he used to race on.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Dkling1108, I'm 6'1" and a similar weight. . . for AM skis I should 'apparently' be on 184+ min but much prefer 176/180 max based on the type and style of skiing I enjoy. Rent some different lengths of the same ski in resort and have a play back to back . . .go with whatever works the best for you!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm a similar size to you and use 184 for an all mountain ski, also very happy on a 165 slalom ski but they do have to be stiff variants.

Longer skis are still available if you really feel the need for that extra couple of inches:
Blizzard Rustler in 192, Nordica Enforcer in 191, Rosignol Black Ops in 192, Volkl Katana in 191...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Don't worry, someone will be along soon to say your ski doesn't know how tall you are.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Try some out & see what you prefer.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
adithorp wrote:
Don't worry, someone will be along soon to say your ski doesn't know how tall you are.

Your skis don't know how tall you are Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Fortunately, mine don't know how crap I am and just keep doing a good job regardless....... Sad

(Thank you Atomic!)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy