Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl 23/24

Poster: A snowHead
Arrived in Ischgl last night after a scenic route (but longer time wise) through Bavaria past Walchensee. It’s a toll road actually (€6) but it’s very beautiful. I had plenty of time on my hands so I took my time from Munich Airport.

Very sunny and spring like in Ischgl, I didn’t go out skiing today as I’ve got an absolute stinker of a cold and not enough energy at the moment but will see tomorrow.

The weekend is forecast to be very warm and then snow is coming Tues/Wed next week.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Was just thinking back on my trip. Is ski route 39 as powdery as ski route 9? I may not have gone down route 39 when I was there.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Finally got out today after the worst cold I’ve had in years. First couple of days were a write off. Well worth it to wait until properly better though.
Conditions are very good indeed. Yes it’s warm, but the snow is way better than I thought it would be even around midday.
Skied some nice spring snow off piste around Salaas, hardly anyone about, lovely and quiet Cool
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
mdbru wrote:
About to book my Ski rentals for my visit in a week. I see there are a few options in town, any recommendations for price a quality?

As everything in town's basically owned by one member or another of the same extended family you don't tend to find any bargins for ski hire in Ischgl - but the flip side is they are all making good money so don't cut any corners either so while nowhere's cheap everywhere we've used has been top quality kit.

If you're willing to trade a bit of a walk for a few € saved check out Ski2Rent down past the fire station on the 'down valley' end of town.
If you have a hire car and want to trade some time at each end of the week to save some more money check out hiring your kit from somewhere down the valley, outside of Ischgl itself.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski2Rent is significantly cheaper than the other rental places in Ischgl, but is Piste Skis only, no all mountain or off piste skis.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Re hiring down valley, See and Kappl have now closed for the season, so I expect the ski rental shops have too
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's snowing in Kappl at the moment. Precipitation started as rain last night, but it's been settling as snow for the last hour or so
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Is it normal for See and Kappl to close at the end of March?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have skiied the last 2 days in Ischgl (first time there) and can report it's been great, with absolute fantastic sunny weather. Very lucky as I've arrived on Wednesday right when it snowed which certainly helped.
Very good snow in the morning, quite the hard pack but with racing skis it's a joy. Obviously in the afternoon, it's more slushy but still there are good areas like at the top of cable car E5 (slope 42).
In Samnaun the snow is not as good as on the Ischgl side.
Obviously sub 1800m it's quite limited and you see a lot of green around you but you can still make it when the slopes close.
All in all, a great time to come skiing and if it's snows again next week as some predictions claim, it will still be great skiing conditions until the end of the season!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
See and Kappl shut last Sunday (7th April). Last season I think they both shut on 16th April
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snowline back down to village level now, looks very wintery, what a cracking end to the season.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just got home after spending the day in Ischgl. Couldn't see a thing this morning, but the sun came out in the afternoon. It snowed most of the day, and the pistes and the off-piste are in excellent condition. Easily skiable, without any slush, as far as the mid station. Downloaded from there and it looked like a muddy mess below, but still plenty having a go rolling eyes Probably 20cm fresh snow today, and more coming down. It's currently snowing in my village at 600m.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Scarlet, does the above post = a sicky tomorrow at work?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Baron von chippy, Haha! No, I've an appointment first thing, it's a long drive, and after two full days powder skiing, my legs need a rest! Saturday perhaps...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ischgl was excellent today. Sunny most of the day. Piste conditions were superb above maybe 2400m, and very good, but softening slightly, lower down. There's also still untransformed powder to be found fairly easily off-piste, though a slight crust was starting to form in places. Tomorrow should be similar (maybe a degree or so warmer), and then maybe slightly warmer again on Sunday, but still nothing like the temperatures of a couple of weeks ago
ski holidays
@viv, Thanks for your feedback. Looking forward to our first days skiing on Sunday. Eh oh!
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/n8ZAh8le5E0?

http://youtube.com/v/QaRnhZI5ufc?
latest report
What's the area around Dorfstrasse (Pension Prennerhof/Agnes Wechner/Hotel Garni Martina/Alaska etc) like? Is it too far off the beaten track? Pain to get to lifts/uphill/downhill all the time etc etc? How does it compare to the area around Hotel Fimba for example? Thanks!
ski holidays
@Legend., I can see the hotels you are referring to, but be aware that Dorfstraße (lit: village street) goes right through the village, so alone is not a good navigation aid! I have not stayed in them, but they are pretty close to the Pardatschgratbahn. Hotel Fimba is right next to Fimbabahn, but iirc some of those hotels around there are quite big on the après ski, which may or may not be your scene.

Once you have your street shoes on, walking from one end of Dorfstraße to the other takes around 10 minutes – it's not that big a village, and fairly compact, and the other end is just more hotels anyway. There is also the Dorftunnel (travelator, visible on Google maps as a straight narrow line) which will return you to Fimbabahn should you end up at the wrong end of the village in ski boots.
ski holidays
This year I stayed at the Piz Arina which is right amongst the apres bars in that area. Our balcony looked onto Nikis. To be honest it is noisy up until the curfew but didn't notice much after that. Although with the balcony door closed I couldn't hear any noise in the room. I love the buzz of Austrian resorts in the evening so I liked being right in the middle of things.

I'm a boarder so I don't really think about walking to lifts but I guess there is an small incline up to both gondolas from there. And a couple of mornings we walked to the Fimba cause there was a bigish queue at the Pardatschgratbahn.

As Scarlet said, it doesn't take too long to walk from one end of town to the other in normal shoes.

It's definitely my preferred area to stay in Ischgl.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy