Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl 23/24

Poster: A snowHead
@VolklAttivaS5, I'll let you know later, we're going to ski in the skiwelt today.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For Americans without EU phone plans, how is the Wifi on mountain? If we get sim cards how is the coverage?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you get a SIM card then 4g and 5g is available pretty much everywhere on the mountain. WiFi is usually available in the restaurants.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
mdbru wrote:
For Americans without EU phone plans, how is the Wifi on mountain? If we get sim cards how is the coverage?

Check if your phone supports esim, if so you can easily by one using apps like BNESIM.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Been here since Saturday, today is the first day the sun has come out and it's been mega busy. Run 1 back to town was absolute carnage at 4.30, by far the worst I've ever seen it and it's usually bad! Never known ice like it, literally like a skating rink for about a 300m section. Got hit twice from behind so stopped off the side of the piste to watch, in about 15 minutes I got to well over 100 fallers before I stopped counting! Shocked

Have sampled Paznauner Thaya's half roast chicken twice, can't grumble for 15 euro with chips
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Much as I am a fan of the skiing in Ischgl the main run down after 3pm is dier. 1A Great earlier in the day most of the time though.
Just to many inexperience trying what in bits is a steep red.
The run 1 to the left of the mid station as you ski down is a much safer option if you want to ski down later in the day.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@GottaCatchEmAll, glad you enjoyed the chicken!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I love that run down to the town but I’m never doing it at 4.30pm to be fair.
It’s a decently long run but yes with lots of people on it then it’s not very nice.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Garfield wrote:
Much as I am a fan of the skiing in Ischgl the main run down after 3pm is dier. 1A Great earlier in the day most of the time though.
The run 1 to the left of the mid station as you ski down is a much safer option if you want to ski down later in the day.

I always pick run 1 to finish and perversely quite enjoy it but today was something else! Shocked Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
@GottaCatchEmAll, glad you enjoyed the chicken!

Still got to try Alp Bella for comparisons, that's tomorrow's plan weather permitting!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@GottaCatchEmAll, let me know which you prefer!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thinking of booking night time tobaganning at 7pm in Ischgl, Do you think you would be able to make dinner reservations at Kitzloch for 8:15PM?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
the_dazzler wrote:
Thinking of booking night time tobaganning at 7pm in Ischgl, Do you think you would be able to make dinner reservations at Kitzloch for 8:15PM?

Yes you can - Unless you stay for beers too long on Idalp. Beware that the end of the toboggan run, is on the opposite side of town, from where Kitzloch is, so about a ten minute walk through the Dorfstrasse and then Dorf tunnel.

Usually Kitzloch is perfectly okay with people being 20 minutes late, and Arno is running the show there, and he is used to dealing with people running late, du to excessive apres;-)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Planning on visiting Ischgl

Clmate Activists have been busy blocking the Highway

https://www.meinbezirk.at/landeck/c-lokales/klima-aktivisten-letzte-generation-versperrten-ischgler-strasse_a6458785?ref=curate

https://x.com/letztegenAT/status/1742872108332462134?

Last season in St Anton they also blocked the Highway into Town
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

End of Season Concert 2024

Black Eyed Peas
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi all, long time lurker. We are heading out to Ischgl at the end of the month, does anyone have any recommends for an off-piste guide for a mixed group of advanced Skiers and Boarders?

Also we are used to the French alps and this will be our first time in Austria, is the town expensive? As a rough guide what would you pay for a 0.4l of beer in say The Golden Eagle or similar?
latest report
@GottaCatchEmAll, did you try the Alp Bella chicken in the end?
snow report
You’ll love it , and if you are a tying like our group won’t want to return to France. Fantastic skiing , rapid , efficient lift system , awesome apres and the locals are really welcoming and want you to have a good time , unlike the French who are happy to take your money but don’t really want you interfering with their fellow countrymen’s skiing
ski holidays
totally agree with @JD Mark, we were long time french visitors but started going to ischgl a few years back and they treat visitors so much better than france . The french want to take your money and get you drunk and then frown at you when you are a bit tipsy . The austrians embrace the drinking culture , and it has a super efficient system . Might be a tad more expensive than france but as always there are various way to minimise spending
snow conditions
Thanks for the responses. Stuck offshore for the next week or so just staring at the weather and the piste maps. Did Val Thorens last year with the group (18 of us) and we thought the apres was awful. Think I may have over corrected this year! Can't wait hopefully this snow holds up looks fantastic just now.
snow report
@clarky75, I'm interested, out of all of the bars in Ischgl you asked for prices in the Golden Eagle, how come?
IMO that is the most like France bar in Ischgl.
latest report
@ste_B, I was just looking at the bars on trip advisor and that's the name my my local back in the UK! Didnt look too much into it lol.
snow report
@clarky75, Very Happy fair enough.
I've not been to Ischgl since 2011 so not fully up to speed on the recent prices. We're back there in March so keeping an eye on this thread.

I'm expecting beer to be expensive, as it was always on the higher end of prices for Austria. Coupled with the trend of serving smaller measures too.
snow report
@ste_B, I'm there on the 28th. Getting a little nervous about the weather(for no real reason lol) after a powderless trip to Val Thorens last year, but it is what it is.

If there's no snow forecast i might treat myself to a Jones Freecarver 6000 so win/win. Cool
latest report
clarky75 wrote:

Also we are used to the French alps and this will be our first time in Austria, is the town expensive? As a rough guide what would you pay for a 0.4l of beer in say The Golden Eagle or similar?

I just got back this weekend, never went in GE but paid between 5.50 and 7.50 for 0.4l or 0.5l lager / weissbier pretty much everywhere both on slope and in town. The town isn't by any means cheap per se but prices definitely lower than most of the French mega resorts.

Quote:
@GottaCatchEmAll, did you try the Alp Bella chicken in the end?

I did and I have to say I still think Alp Bella is the king of the Chicken huts. Paznauner Thaya was still very good and the chips nearly swing it but for me the chicken was slightly better at Alp Bella, crispier skin and slightly better seasoned in my opinon. Thoroughly enjoyed both though Laughing
ski holidays
The videos on tiktok from that run down to Ischgl at 4:30PM are cracking me up. It looks like absolute carnage.
snow report
@GottaCatchEmAll, I agree with you the chicken at Alp Bella is tastier because of the seasoning so if they ditched the bread roll and salad and served the chips instead it would be a winner.
latest report
@GottaCatchEmAll,

Thanks for the info, that's actually pretty good. Less than I was expecting.

Need to sample this chicken you guys keep mentioning. Soon enough Cool
snow conditions
@clarky75, yes do!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We're off to Ischgl at the weekend for a week, self catering in Samnuan, going as a family and so don't need all the apres Ischgl has to offer. we've not skied this area before but wanted a change from 3V, paradiski etc which we've done to death. sounds like i need to sample roast chicken up the mountain! Apart from that are there any mountain restaurants which are must visits or must avoid?
snow conditions
@Mr_frosty, Some of the big restaurants are a bit cafeteria like inside but food is fine. Good for days you don't want to be sitting outside though.
If you are in a group stopping at 11:50 it's much easer to get a table or leave till 13:30
The run down to Samnuan can get a bit soft later in the day if the suns out though less of a issue in January.
snow conditions
@Mr_frosty, I don’t think there are any restaurants to avoid to be fair, all the food is good and tasty
Price can vary though
Beware of the salad buffet, ends up costing a lot as I am not sure they allow for the weight of the plate.
Great salad mind but phew, expensive.
ski holidays
the_dazzler wrote:
The videos on tiktok from that run down to Ischgl at 4:30PM are cracking me up. It looks like absolute carnage.

Can you share the video - It will make sure I definitely gondola down at the end of the month!
ski holidays
REM1 wrote:
the_dazzler wrote:

Can you share the video - It will make sure I definitely gondola down at the end of the month!

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGejUH9k8/
latest report
the_dazzler wrote:
REM1 wrote:
the_dazzler wrote:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGejUH9k8/
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGejUpnEv/
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGejUgVB2/
snow report
Garfield wrote:

Or go the long way round (Red 3) with the horizontal drag lift* which avoids the trickier bit higher up and then join Red 1. Always choose hotels at that end of town - just about ski in

*came down that way on the infamous day in March 2020 - just avoided getting on the gondola that was then stationary for ages. The horizontal drag was shut...
ski holidays
Laughing Laughing
Never seen it like that before
Will have to do the last run down in April just for the fun of it
latest report
That looks horrendous, thanks for sharing!
ski holidays
You see horrendous, I see a challenge Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Has anyone stayed at Hotel Garni Urezza by chance? We have a reservation, and are trying to pay our reservation fee but cannot figure it out. So far they havent responded to our inquiries.
snow conditions
@REM1,

Sorry just messing a bit Toofy Grin
I think I have been to Ischgl eight times and never witnessed anything like this.
We do however ethier download on one of the gondolas or use the easier routes mentioned above.
Two of the clips are not on the home run anyway.

http://youtube.com/v/ZK2uyaPMEYU

http://youtube.com/v/tYvZXw6Md8g

http://youtube.com/v/Xms_bzNdjXo

http://youtube.com/v/Yjc98Ze4if8
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy