Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuhel/Kirchberg

Poster: A snowHead
You can still buy tickets to watch the race so there shouldn’t be a problem

https://hahnenkamm.com/rennen-2024/ticketinfos/

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 18-01-24 7:51; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jafa wrote:
You can still buy tickets to watch the race so there shouldn’t be a problem

https://hahnenkamm.com/rennen-2024/ticketinfos/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmm where do you happen to see that? I just saw this

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2NqT-yNxuH/?igsh=ZXp1cnZ5NG96cTl6
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are Friday and Sunday tickets available according to their facebook. Can you swap days @PDXSKI?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ElzP we were hoping to get them for Saturday but we may have to consider other options. Very unfortunate to have made this mistake as we have came all the way from the US and included this as part of our trip. Eh oh!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
As you said you didn’t realise you needed tickets to watch I thought that was your issue
Not the fact that there are no tickets remaining for Saturday
There are certain points on the mountain you can stand and watch but your only seeing them for a short time and no screens
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@PDXSKI, I reckon the slalom on Sunday will be great, you'll see more, and the atmosphere will be super as Manny Feller is doing so well. Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Got tickets for Fridays race. Any tips? Thinking of getting the 9:05 train from Kirchberg
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arrived in Aschau this afternoon.
Brrr cold, -9C at village level at about 5pm, will need an extra layer tomorrow.
Will be trying out my new skis, Völkl Blaze 86
Quite nice to go narrower for a change

Never seen the snowline so low here, could be normal for the time of year but it’s a lot better than last year was.

Looks like you can ski back to Kirchberg along the ski route that finishes in the village.
Gaisberg is definitely well covered compared to last time I was here.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
Arrived in Aschau this afternoon.
Brrr cold, -9C at village level at about 5pm, will need an extra layer tomorrow.
Will be trying out my new skis, Völkl Blaze 86
Quite nice to go narrower for a change

Never seen the snowline so low here, could be normal for the time of year but it’s a lot better than last year was.

Looks like you can ski back to Kirchberg along the ski route that finishes in the village.
Gaisberg is definitely well covered compared to last time I was here.

It's not forecast to be as cold tomorrow with +3 or so at lunchtime.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Chris_n, oh good
Perishing out there tonight
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@VolklAttivaS5, my son did it the other day. Reckon it might be icy by now
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
boabski wrote:
@VolklAttivaS5, my son did it the other day. Reckon it might be icy by now

Quite possibly
I won’t need to do it this trip because I can ski back to where I’m staying anyhow
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nice sunny fresh day today.
Going to ski the Ski Welt today whilst I try out my new skis and probably go to the place in Ellmau where they do the delicious ribs, the Rübezahalm

Lecker!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Great firm pistes this morning and as I said yesterday the snow line is very low, even in sunny Brixen there’s plenty of natural snow right down to the road where that last part to the gondola tends to suffer badly. Looks really wintery compared to previous occasions I’ve seen it.

Would recommend the Völkl Blaze 86 for anyone wanting an easy to ski all mountain ski. Lightweight, only 2670g for the skis, mounted them with Shift bindings making them just under 4.4kg for everything making it a lightweight set up for occasional touring and to carry them around, but they are still great on piste, not too soft.
So easy to ski right off the bat.
Very pleased.
ski holidays
@VolklAttivaS5, your 1st day today? please post regarding the ski routes. How intimate are you with the area? there's loads of freering in Kitz ski if you know which way to go. I love the skiing through the alpine meadows
snow report
@Baron von chippy, yes first day but have been in Ski Welt
Yes I know Kitzbuhel well I spent 12 weeks there one year.
snow report
@VolklAttivaS5, One of my favourite ski areas. How was the skiwelt? I like it there also skiing with my kids
snow conditions
@Baron von chippy, great conditions overall, a few icy sections on piste but nothing unusual.
Snow off piste was hard and crusty for the most part so didn’t bother.

Will go over to Kitzbühel tomorrow.
ski holidays

Today’s ribs at the Rübezahalm
snow report
@VolklAttivaS5, rain crust?
ski holidays
@Baron von chippy, more like frozen tracks and sun affected I should think plus the temperature has changed dramatically
snow conditions
Was on the Pengelstein 1 at 9am off to try out the ski routes as a recce for when it snows later this week.
snow conditions
Ski route 34 is well covered top to bottom although you can’t ski down the road to the barrier where the taxis stop, the snow gets too thin by the building containers to ensure ski bases are undamaged-so I walked.

Don’t be too tempted to pay for a taxi, as I was on my own (and too stingy to pay for a taxi by myself) I walked to the bus stop which was about 500m along a flat/slightly downhill road and that was easy enough!
latest report
Ski route 56 was better for fresh snow opportunities than number 34 had, probably as no 56 is North East facing (I think) but there were quite a few stones towards the bottom so watch out for those.
latest report
@VolklAttivaS5, more schnee to come should be in better condition as the season progresses
snow report
@Baron von chippy, yes I agree. Still a nice long run down for both though as I think they were closed last season more or less the whole time. I expect that is because the bottom of both was bare.

Why have you changed your name to Baron von Chippy from Mother Hucker?
ski holidays
@VolklAttivaS5, folks thought I was a lady with the name mother. I'm a carpentry contractor AKA a "chippy baron" in the building industry
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Baron von chippy, oh I see.
snow conditions
Looks like some snow up high overnight and rain lower down.
There’s about 5cm of welcome fresh snow in Kitzbuhel around the Ochsalm so probably more higher up and it is snowing now.
Windy. I think the storm is going to build throughout the day, Pengelstein is closed already due to strong wind so will enjoy it while it lasts.
latest report
wheres the snow line at?
latest report
@Baron von chippy, overnight I couldn’t really say for sure but I’d estimate it rained below 1100m.
It has dropped from this morning onwards though as it was snowing as I was coming all the way down the Hahnenkamm at 11.00 this morning and it wasn’t raining at the bus stop (but the roads were wet).

Took the bus over to Ki West as there was not much open in Kitzbuhel only the area around the Hahnenkamm, and all of Westendorf/Ski Welt was open.
Had some nice fresh snow on the piste in Westendorf.
snow report
There was an earthquake here this morning at around 5am.
I was wondering what the hell it was being fast asleep.
The building shook as if something big had clattered into it but only briefly.
snow report
Warm day in Kitzbuhel, +4C already.
Pleasant temperature for skiing but of course that makes the snow a bit soft and slow going.
Still it could be worse and I’ve skied a lot worse!
snow conditions
Bit cooler this afternoon over in Ski Welt, quite windy so that’s why. Very dark looking sky so it’s fair to say some decent precipitation is coming tonight, hopefully it won’t be rain.
They had Pengelstein closed again in Kitzbuhel today, it was open for a very short period of time then closed again as the lifts were swishing around too much in the wind.
It’s something I’ve noticed over the years that Kitzbuhel is especially affected by wind, yet you can go over to Ski Welt and find everything open, not far away but more protected I would think.
latest report
Skiied this morning. Conditions had changed so much that even the Streif race course is soft enough to ski down. I wouldnt normally even attempt it unless we have had some snow since race day.

As was said above, wind is effecting lift operations. Went up both Jufen, and Stenbergkogel early doors, but by lunchtime both closed along with most of the Pengelstein area. It was certainly breezy round the top of Flek, when I came back across from going down the Streif

Not so sure how much snow we will end up getting as yesterday Bergfex was predicting loads, now practically none at all.

Time will tell.
ski holidays
Skied from Itter and the lifts to the top of Hohe Salve we’re all shut from late morning onwards. Warm but pistes not bad and surprisingly quiet.
snow conditions
@VolklAttivaS5, The old Fleckalmbahn was notorious for closing in the slightest breeze. Agree Kitzbühel does get hit by wind more than SkiWelt. Got stuck at Pass Thurn one day as the long drag was closed because of high winds! All the chair lifts were running though.
snow conditions
@munich_irish, yes the new Fleck is miles better than the old one for sure! I don’t think I’ve seen it closed yet. It was pretty gusty on the ridge heading from the top of C2 down to D5 Kasereck and the D4 back up was swinging about in the wind before they closed it again.

@jafa, the Streif was nice yesterday all the way down with a bit of new snow on it, the blue markings were blurring out, I enjoyed it.

Much softer today though I agree, it felt like it does about mid March.

Hopefully it will snow a fair bit tonight but it looks like it will be above 1900m.
I think I will go for Ski Welt tomorrow as you can bet your bottom dollar the lifts will be closed in Kitzbuhel tomorrow if it’s a bit windy.
ski holidays
@Illetas, I agree, lovely and quiet in both Ski Welt and Kitzbuhel, very few people about.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy