Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuhel/Kirchberg

Poster: A snowHead
are the ski routes all in play at the minute?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Mother hucker, I was wondering that because there’s plenty of base down already.
According to the KitzSki app though only ski routes no 90, 51, 69 and of course no 21 are open.
They’ve got rid of the interactive piste map from the app too which is not very helpful.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skiing here since Sunday and conditions holding up pretty well given the warmer days. Skiing over in the morning at the Kitzbüheler Horn side and thought the reds over there made for very pleasant cruising, quiet slopes and surprisingly good snow given in the sun.

Was with my kids so a good few tours of the fun slopes before back over to Fleckalmbahn and area up there. Ok but icier in places. Be interesting to see what tomorrow holds with the weather coming in again.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
6 degrees up top today with blue skys

Skiing is holding up well still that early nip in the air meaning solid base even in the afternoon not too many moguls on the usual suspect Maeirl etc

Some snow with cooler temps forecast fingers crossed
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Heading out on 13th Jan with some friends. Thinking of getting a lesson on the first morning as a group. We are all a fairly similar standard - good on piste, not so off piste. Can anyone local recommend an instructor who will actually instruct rather than the "follow me" type?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We used Element 3 just before Christmas for a lesson for an all day lesson for 3 of us. They were recommended to us over Rote Tefeul, which was clearly the main outfit. Our instructor was scarily young but did a good job with analysing our skiing and then drills and technique tweaks so would recommend.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Rowlski, thanks. Will look into
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mother hucker, by the way I meant to say when you mentioned Zell am See on the Ischgl thread that the restaurant at the top of the T Bar, called Sonnenkogel does yummy Berner Wurstl if I remember correctly.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@VolklAttivaS5, I think we've been selecting the wrong restaurants to be honest. I'm more in to the smaller traditional type but my kids like the bigger new style at the top of the gondies. 12.90€ for a goulash suppe to day at Ellmau.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Mother hucker, that’s a lot!!

I like the ribs place at Ellmau. It’s tucked out of the way.
Have you been there? Will find the name. Yummy ribs!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
https://www.ruebezahlalm.at/en/to-us.html

That’s the one
Lecker!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just back from a day trip to Scheffau. Normally give New Year a miss but decided for one reason or another to go today, havent been for a few years (only really go to the Arlberg these days but too far for day trip).

Traffic very light until I got to the Kufstein Süd exit where it was backing up 500m before the exit, then slow all the way to Scheffau. I thought the car park would be full but plenty of space at 08:45 (filled right up later).

Ski pass was more expensive than the Arlberg €69, I get an oldies discount (just) in the Arlberg so €68 rather than €75. No discounts at SkiWelt!

Hansi is still running the ski hire place (has been ever since I started going over 20 years ago). Now has Stöckli skis too. Given it was only one day paid for a set of Montero AX. Given I saw exactly the same skis and bindings on sale for €1,500 in Schuster's the other day, €45 for the day doesnt seem unreasonable. They are very good skis but cant justify buying a pair.

The weather was OK windy on top of the small hills, a few snowflakes from time to time with a short heavier shower mid afternoon. Generally sunny.

As expected high season crowds with longish lift queues.

Snow was variable, the home runs were white strips in green fields. Looking across to Kirchberg the lower runs looked very sketchy certainly no skiing across fields as a short cut home. St Johann & Westendorf looked pretty sad pretty much all green. Above the mid station (say 1200m) piste conditions were reasonable, bashed powder on a hard base which made for easy skiing. Below this not so good mostly artificial snow which easily piled up into soft sugary moguls. There is a short steepish bit above the Jochbahn base station at 10:30 it was a mass of cut up snow & moguls filled with floundering snow plough turners. Painful so decided to give the run down to Brixen a miss it is almost always in bad condition. The home run back to Scheffau was good above the mid station (the "black" was easy to ski) below not good, "Scottish" conditions at time jumping over bare patches. The last bit was a scene from the wacky races, what seemed like hordes of kids in high vis jackets trying to make their way through multiple piles of soft snow, not good.

It was a perfectly OK day out though not sure I would be happy if I was there for a week's holiday.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I think there is some snow coming this week sometime and hopefully it won’t be so warm, plus the crowds will have gone home so less traffic on the pistes.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just had a look and it’s forecast to get rather cold from Sunday onwards so that will help everyone.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@VolklAttivaS5, Yes to getting colder but the forecast amounts of snow have been getting smaller (as ever). It is going to take a number of significant falls to give some good conditions. I tend to think it is always likely to be mid to end of January before its worth looking at the easterly Tirolean & Salzburgerland places. These days with the extensive snow making some skiing is pretty much guaranteed earlierbut that misses out much of the best skiing in these areas
latest report
@munich_irish, agreed mid to end of Jan gives best chance
snow conditions
Just got back down after a quick morning blast

So what’s the best we can hope for?

Fresh snow tick
Nice hard piste no real moguls forming. Tick

Blue skys. Tick

Cold conditions minus 8 up top. Tick

Scenic scenery with trees covered in snow and no green meadows anywhere. Tick

And most importantly a weather forecast showing minus temperatures for the next nine days ( oh with a little snow forecast for the weekend) Tick

So can’t really ask for much more than we have at the moment

Oh just realised there is one more thing.

EMPTY PISTES. The quietest week of the year.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 9-01-24 12:59; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@jafa, also got out for a quick spin this morning! To give a picture of your description.... it's a stunner today!

snow report
Arrive Kirchberg Saturday lunchtime. Can't wait. What is the best lift pass option if we want a sneaky ski on Saturday afternoon plus 6 days?
snow report
The normal ski pass ( though I haven’t needed to check it out) is valid from 3 pm the previous day
Do u need equipment?
snow report
Looks like ski routes 56 and 34 are open now. Anyone been down them?
ski holidays
@jafa, no, bringing our own. Does the pass on your phone work ok?
ski holidays
I do not have the pass on my phone I just walked in to the travel shop in the town centre and got a normal season pass there
Didn’t even need a new phot as they already had one on file

With the cold temps effecting the battery life very quickly I wouldn’t want it just on my phone
snow conditions
Anyone done the ski routes then? 56 and 34?
What are they like?

Have just ordered myself some Volkl Blaze 86 as a little treat, hopefully they will arrive before I leave for Kirchberg next Sat.
ski holidays
@VolklAttivaS5, Let me know, I'll be in Kberg next month. Last year it was WROD all season and 0 freeriding. however, we did have a good day touring near the wild Park area in kitzbuhel bei Aurach.
snow conditions
@Baron von chippy, yeah I know they were all closed as it was too thin. Lots still skied them but of course you don’t know what it’s going to be like until you’ve committed (unless you have skins to get back up)
Not worth the aggro.
I’m looking forward to doing them week after next though.
ski holidays
According to todays bergfex, ski routes 34 and 56 are both open

https://www.bergfex.com/kitzbuehel-kirchberg/schneebericht/
ski holidays
@jafa, yes I know but I wanted to know if anyone had skied them
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Slopes around Kirchberg were excellent today. Only a couple of icy spots on a blue cat track down to Kitzbühel but otherwise tip top.
latest report
boabski wrote:
Slopes around Kirchberg were excellent today. Only a couple of icy spots on a blue cat track down to Kitzbühel but otherwise tip top.

Nice to hear, we're heading over to Kitzbuhel next Thurs for a long weekend, looks like temps will warm up a bit then cool again. So hopefully snow is not too affected.
latest report
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:

There's.a couple of YouTube videos of people skiing routes 34 and 56. They seem like a nice diversion if you like skiing unchallenging gentle roads through the trees. The problem is, as much as I can tell, is you aren't near a lift at the bottom of either routes so you prob need to catch a bus from the main road at the bottom back to a lift.
ski holidays
@VolklAttivaS5, interactive map here
snow report
Randyp909 wrote:
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:

There's.a couple of YouTube videos of people skiing routes 34 and 56. They seem like a nice diversion if you like skiing unchallenging gentle roads through the trees. The problem is, as much as I can tell, is you aren't near a lift at the bottom of either routes so you prob need to catch a bus from the main road at the bottom back to a lift.

I have skied them many times before yes, so I know exactly what to expect but I just wanted to know if anyone had been down them in the last week or so since they’ve been open this year.
snow report
@HutToHut, yes I know but unfortunately they have removed it from the app (and on that page it seems) where you can see immediately if a piste is open or closed without clicking on it first. It was much more user friendly before.
Like the Ischgl piste map within the Ischgl app, the KitzSki app used to be the same and they’ve changed it this season for some reason and it’s not good anymore.
ski holidays
Continuation of cold temps with a bit of snow overnight made for perfect skiing conditions once again

More snow forecast for Thursday night early Friday morning making the next weeks conditions looking very promising
ski holidays
@jafa, perfect skiing conditions today except for that really deep bit of snow which I went in to face first. Laughing

Feels like there was more snow than the 1cm forecast - a cracking January so far, if it doesn't warm up significantly should be brilliant next week.
snow report
@jafa, perfect skiing conditions today except for that really deep bit of snow which I went in to face first.

You didn’t believe me did you Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Looking forward to next week especially as I’m going for 2 weeks.
Looks cold on the weekend and a bit warmer from Tuesday onwards.
snow conditions
Wednesday was some of the best snow I've skied on for ages. Tuesday we decided to ski over to Brixen but some of the slopes were pretty icy despite the snow the previous day. Great conditions for anyone coming out.
latest report
Hello all,

I am looking to attend the Hahnenkamm Races on Saturday and didnt realize we needed a ticket to watch. Does anyone have advice on what to do now? A bit of a tough situation here and any help would be appreciated!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy