Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kitzbuhel/Kirchberg

Poster: A snowHead
@Baron von chippy, yes I came out for 2 weeks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pretty grim today with low cloud, lousy viz and snow on the mountain. Rain at resort level.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Illetas, where was the snow line at?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Baron von chippy, there was light rain at 939m where I’m staying and snow I’d say was 1400m and above, possibly lower.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@VolklAttivaS5, should be a good last day for you tomorrow. You feeling better now? which hotel you stay in? we're in the Kroneck half term week
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Baron von chippy, yes thanks much better, all ok now.
I’m staying in a tiny B&B but it’s not far away from the Kroneck
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have gone to Ski Welt today as the visibility looked a lot better and there’s more tree cover.
Sun has just come out.
A few cm of fresh snow fell overnight but it’s not really made enough difference to the off piste so far because you can still feel the crud underneath.
Hopefully Feb will be a cold snowy month for anyone coming out here.

All the pistes are nice though, no grass or mud or stones showing anywhere.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
These photos are from over the Ki West side by the Gampenkogel chair lift. Will post some more of the piste cover later.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.

Piste 1b down to Brixen im Thale, looks terrible but it almost always is, you do need a cold snowy Feb for sure but they have got a bit of snow put by near the bottom from earlier this month.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 2-02-24 13:38; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.

Top of the Hoch Brixen gondola next to the Ski Welt Hütte
(cake not much cop by the way)

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 2-02-24 16:58; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

Piste no 6a down to Brixen. Rubbish but then it often is when everywhere else can be very nice.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 2-02-24 13:37; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

On the Zinsbergbahn
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:

Top of Aualmbahn

As you can see it’s night and day depending on the aspect
snow conditions
Skied down 1b to Brixen to have lunch before I get the bus from there.

That was big mounds of soft snow, not easy skiing to be fair as your skis also stopped in it due to it being sticky.

Lots of people on their backs down there legs in the air.
snow conditions
@VolklAttivaS5, sounds familiar - piles of manmade snow, like wet cement, and either brown moguls or hard ice between them. It's a great run in good conditions, but that's rare.
snow report
@ousekjarr, it was actually in good nick when I arrived here on 20th, no moguls of anything
It soon deteriorates though
ski holidays
@VolklAttivaS5, we must have crossed paths at some stage today as we did the same runs except we didn’t bother with the last section 1b as it looked like too much hard work! Surprised at how well the pistes higher up we’re holding up . Sunshine tomorrow Eh oh!
ski holidays
looks nice up top though. getting warm again next week then hopefully dropping temps and snowing
snow report
@Illetas, yes Scheffau was nice wasn’t it, and Westendorf, the piste down to Brixen from Choralpe was nice too. It’s only that 6a and 1b that’s awful but then it often is. I did no 60 down to Scheffau itself and that was fine too.
snow report
@Baron von chippy, yes it was nice in the nice pics.
snow report
I did actually get to ski some quite nice fresh snow off piste today too.
Sometimes there was bumpy crud underneath and other times it was quite enjoyable.

Under the Südhang chair is some reasonable snow with no nasties underneath.
ski holidays
@VolklAttivaS5, we did that black 60 section down to Scheffau too and had it to ourselves. We don’t normally bother with Scheffau but today was good
ski holidays
@Illetas, likewise
snow report
Just at Salzburg Airport waiting to check the luggage in. Definitely worth getting there early as managed to get a table in the cafe bit.
Enjoyed the last 2 weeks as usual but more snow is definitely needed soon.
With that said up high is still very nice as shown in some of the photos I took yesterday.
latest report
@VolklAttivaS5, seasons since covid have been iffy with the snow sound like on both your trips this season so far you've had some decent conditions
snow report
@Baron von chippy, to be fair the only time I had a duff trip for snow was March 2007 back in the early days when I’d booked with a TO a long time in advance
Very poor snow that year, in the March anyway
Not bad really for 85 weeks
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh actually there was one crap week in Courmayeur one year
ski holidays
@VolklAttivaS5, you're clearly the briner of good conditions, was up over at Pass Thurn this morning and it was slushy up to by 10am. Clearly didn't freeze last night, and incredibly warm today..
latest report
@ElzP, yeah I can imagine!
snow conditions
@ElzP, so anything that fell Thursday will be a lovely crust when it does freeze
latest report
Skied in Söll today, awful, so heavy
snow report
@2waterford, slushy bumps?
snow report
I bet it was like mounds of wet cement or sand like that 1b down to Brixen was on Friday

I think I’d rather ski hard frozen moguls instead, on Friday the ski tips dug into the mounds rather than going up them to turn on the tops it was a bit of a pain in the ass
latest report
I have the option of having a couple of days in Kitz next week. I have been to Ischgl and St Anton the last couple of days and crowds have been…..wow. Anyone care to give me an unbiased review on snow conditions and crowding please?
latest report
Does anyone have any recommended places for ski/snowboard hire in Kitzbuhel? thanks!
snow report
@Dreadyfred, INTERSPORT at the bottom of the Hahnenkamm gondola as good as any. Depends how far you want to walk with them. You can also hire a locker there meaning you can get to the bottom (either in gondola or down the piste), take your boots off and straight into comfy footwear. Not the cheapest but can’t get much more convenient imo. Others around here know better than me for cheapest prices though.
snow report
Thanks for the recommendation Dougie. If anyone has other recommendations for the cheaper ones keen to hear those too!
ski holidays
We used Hervis, only a minute or so further away from the Hannenkahm as it was a good bit cheaper than Intersport. Used the Intersport lockers though which were quite pricey!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy