Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

North America 2023 / 2024

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
World Cup at Palisades Tahoe this weekend. Warmish storm blowing in on Monday with around 1/2 foot snow forecast in upper mountain. Snow ratios may be 9-13:1 between 7000-9000 ft. which is thicker snow, aka “Sierra Cement”. The rest of the week looks nice, have fun!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jay Peak, Vermont, has just seen 9 straight days of snowfall.

Possibly a record for the area.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
5-8 feet of fresh expected for Tahoe between now and the end of the weekend. Biggest storm of the season for them. This'll guarantee skiing through May at a minimum at Palisades. But they say they'll likely be mostly closed during the storm...high winds and the need to rebuild cat tracks that will get buried.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The February 1st rain layer is about a meter down now. I can't remember how much snow there's been in the last week, but quite a lot. It was needed, but the weather does seem more normal now; it took until late February, but if the pattern continues, the rest of the season in BC should be good.

These were from today..

Haven't seen the sun for a couple of days, so this one is a few days old, less deep fresh...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Booked Whistler blackcomb (for a week) 2nd March 2024 for my 40th birthday present as a BUCKET LIST holiday. Coming from the UK and never been to Canada before.
Got epic passes already, flights and accommodation booked. Now it’s nearing and conditions look less than ideal. As advanced beginners should we lose £2k that we can’t get back and look elsewhere? If we go we are looking at probably another £5k ontop. Should we cut our losses now??

@Vodkaqueen, looks like you lucked out. Hope you did not change your arrangements. Very Happy

Wish I was there right now.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Is there a "right" time in the season to go to Utah.....? There is obviously a "wrong" time (public holidays) and reading above, weekends, but I am on the Bird Powder Alert email and both last year (a big one snow-wise) and this year, the late-March falls have been very impressive. Is that typical or would an early-ish season (January) also prove rewarding snow and piste wise?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Technician, my experience agrees with March being reliable (I shoot for mid-March). The snow isn't quite as light by then since it's a little warmer, but compared to other places it's still great. I've had problems with no snow in January numerous times. Is this definitive? No. But what is, where weather is on the menu? Plus, in March the steep stuff has better coverage than in January, and this matters at Snowbird.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks Scooter; feels like March it is
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you look at the ten years' worth of snowfall data on Alta's website (next door to the 'Bird), you'll see on average, March has more snowfall than either Feb or Jan. That said, due to the usual higher temp's (and sun angle, and longer daylight), it tends to get damp pretty fast.

March tends to be pretty crazy for temperature swings. But, so can January (not uncommon to get a January "thaw" with unusually high temperatures).

Hit 70F here yesterday for the first time this year in town. By the weekend, the high at Alta is forecast to be 15F. And, we could get 20" of snow. Ain't spring great? Ha ha.

If you want to get well into the weeds on weather and snow, surf through the Wasatch Weather Weenies blog. Good stuff.

Cheers!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy