Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and Tignes-Val D'Isere (formerly Espace Killy) 2023/24. Useful links on Page 1

Poster: A snowHead
Sun is just trying to break through the thick clouds here now. I'm definitely having a slow start this morning, but the fresh snow looks glorious.

They took the chairs off Lanches & Vanoise on Monday night & when I went up the funicular yesterday, I could understand why! Bit blowy up there Eh oh!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It’s been rather wonderful for the time of year today. Boot deep (slightly humid) powder. The pistes are now generally in excellent condition following the snow last night and today. Things were deserted between 12 and 2 and not that busy after. The French are certainly enjoying their long lunches.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Duplicate

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 17-04-24 18:20; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We had Double M totally to ourselves yesterday at lunchtime - top to bottom! Can't beat skiing at this time of year.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snowing quite hard now so hopefully nice underfoot tomorrow
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
https://www.valdisere.com/en/live/webcams/

More snow today
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The glacier run down double M in April is probably the best motorway ski slope in the world!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The slush fest that froze quickly is covered by a nice layer. It gets exposed in places but we've had a lovely morning lapping la Daille. Very pleased with my skiing mixed conditions.

Bailed.at 12.30 as it came in thick and blowy, but a fab morning. 1st lift tomorrow I reckon Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Brilliant day, winter powder over knee height at the bottom of the Chardonnet and lots of loose powder both on and off piste. Very quiet this afternoon. Colder than January and bitter around noon. We often get fresh snow this time of the year, but this is incredible for the second half of April. We were skiing deep slush this time last week.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Best part of the day was after 2 when there was a couple of hours of decent vis Just after lunch was foul - bad day in January. Snow conditions v good only slush was last couple of hundred metres down to brev.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fantastic piste skiing today. Possibly the coldest weather I've skied in for many years.
A great, great day. The snow, even at the end of the day, on most slopes, is fantastic
Forecast is more snow and cold temos
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just my opinion so no disrespect to those that are 3 valleys fans.
I spent last week in Tignes - and have had two weeks there previously. This week I spent in Val Thorens.
In my opinion only I feel that Tignes/Val is the far better well rounded ski area. I doubt I’ll go back to 3 Valleys but will certainly be back to Tignes multiple times.
You Tignes seasonaires are very lucky people.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The wind chill today was ridiculous at height. I can't believe I started the week in shorts & today I was wishing for a balaclava! Worth it for the amazing skiing today though.

Back home in the morning - Tignes has delivered yet again! My first of many trips was 20 years ago & it never disappoints.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We were sceptical about how good the powder might be this morning but it continued as it left off yesterday. Wonderful conditions on and off, although we did venture down to Brev mid-afternoon, which was a little agricultural. Pretty quiet on the slopes and lifts despite French school holidays.
Snowing really hard now and the roads in VC are white.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snowing hard last night. Powder on the balcony. Visibility leaving a lot to be desired going to head over to Fornet.
snow report
Snowing hard last night. Powder on the balcony. Visibility leaving a lot to be desired going to head over to Fornet.
snow conditions
Looks like 15cm of fresh fresh in the village this morning. Gonna wait for cloud to break and for a most of the lifts to open. A lot are shut for avalanche work
ski holidays
April so often delivers. Could be one of the best weeks of the season. New snow, light wind and cold.
https://www.bergfex.com/val-disere/webcams/c15366/
snow report
Out late at 10 but visibility has improved
latest report
dan100 wrote:
Out late at 10 but visibility has improved
about 20cm of snow on chaudannes
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Looks like 15cm of fresh fresh in the village this morning. Gonna wait for cloud to break and for a most of the lifts to open. A lot are shut for avalanche work

It’s quite nice now we left it till 10
snow report
After Cocos closing party, perhaps Johan Clarey wasn't the best choice at 1pm, in poor viz. Emptied the tank, then some.
Lunch at Loop, Toviere up, La Daille bubble down. Embarrassing.
snow conditions
Rather epic day in the end. Sun was semi out. Lots of powder and chopped up powder on piste.
ski holidays
Got in last night and was thinking it might turn out to be a good day. Looking forward to the rest of the week. Couldn’t believe I was seriously considering packing away my ski gear earlier on in the week.
snow conditions
Has been the best day of our season. Deep snow everywhere and the cloud and falling snow kept it fresh all day. Of course Saturdays are always quiet, which is a bonus. Had to stop for a Mars bar at one point, but otherwise skied strait through. Stuff under the A. Rouge was particularly good. Don’t remember it being this good so late.
snow report
@Ski lots, Yup, family sent some pictures of them lapping Face this morning. Conditions looked great.
latest report
Sad to leave this morning. Looked like. Am epic day up top.
An eventful transfer, coach driver stopped before Albertville for a coffee and a fag, walloped a kerb before Annecy, then after Annecy, fell asleep, and bounced it off the crash barrier beyond the hard shoulder, across 2 lanes before regaining control, and continued on without stopping to check all was ok. Made it to GVA with a slight wheel wobble and damage the full length of the coach
snow report
@Frosty the Snowman, bet you were glad to get off.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Pamski, always
snow report
@Frosty the Snowman, Shocked
Which company? I would like to avoid them.
snow conditions
Was that snow drone? I would complain
snow conditions
Pistes in great condition above 2000 m. Visibility again much better than forecasted so great morning.
snow conditions
Pistes in great condition above 2000 m. Visibility again much better than forecasted so great morning.
ski holidays
@chocksaway, @dan100,
Not.Snowdrone, it was a coach hired in by an tour operator, 55 seater, only 10 of us on it. I know they've used this company for years, and one I see all the time. The staff member on board was mortified and actions were already happening before we got off. I work in the transport field, and we were fortunate.
snow report
Full blown coach - think you were very fortunate. Had assumed you were doing snowdrone both ways and very glad to hear it wasn’t then as they are always professional. Suspect driver in some trouble.
snow conditions
Great day skiing with the morning stand out with good visibility. Weather has closed in again and snowing lightly
ski holidays
@Frosty the Snowman, Shocked thank God you're OK!
latest report
dan100 wrote:

I did SnowDrone on the way out. My flight landed early and a quick whatsapp got me on an earlier transfer. They were great. I blagged a free lift back thanks to the kindness of some.

@Hurtle, Thank you
snow conditions
Five day EK pass currently €198 which sounds like good value. Still snowing though Sad
ski holidays
Well it’s been snowing lightly most of the day though visibility apwas good in the morning if a little ropey in the afternoon. Certainly better than forecast. Pistes are in excellent condition and there is powder to the side of the pistes - son keeps skiing over to it me abit less so as I’m under instructions to take it easy.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy