Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Korua noserider

Poster: A snowHead
https://koruashapes.com/collections/snowboards/products/nose-rider

Korua have released an updated nose rider. Anyone keen? Looking at the vids, the stance can be changed when riding - so the rider can shuffle up the board when strapped in and ride the nose. Also looks like some kind of waiver needs to be signed before they ship it out. Very Happy

Definitely going to result in some injuries, but I might give one a go.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why?

Dude can't actually turn it when he's on the nose so it's a liability on public slopes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
you'd want some serious liability insurance, to ride it on public/busy slopes.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can't turn a surfboard much off the nose either but lots of people nose ride. Probably not the wisest equipment choice for a busy weekend on the learner slopes though.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
*checks date...huh, not the 1st...*

so you need a new $300 binding to make your new $900 board work, and you'll have to learn how to ride from near scratch again... Ladies and Gentlemen, we have found the snowboarding equivalent of free-heel skiing.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
*checks date...huh, not the 1st...*
Close enough though. Very good.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What the?! Yeah, no thanks!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think if your a surfer.... and ride lots of powder the nose rider would be really great and open your mind..... in powder of course to start .
Piste would be fun too but powder would be the ideal conds to get the hang of it givern the physical flexibility/range of motion and experience needed .

Korua riders and brand have a open mind ...they put forward angles/narrow stances back into mainstream media .
Korua actually had roots in another earlier brand... Fanatic snowboards only sold in Austria and Japan ...then they added the swiss rider factor/foward angles etc and carving although MU was duck....he was as flexible as a monkey .
Fanatic boards were ahead of the times in design specs but not sold in the uk or noted in any mainstream media ...they were real sleepers .

The average uk/euro rider isnt a surfer and does one week trips getting around on piste with some off the side powder once in a blue moon .
Ultimately they ride fk all powder and most would have never had more than 20 powder days a season max ....ever .

So a 60mm + tapered board with a monster 344mm shovel width on piste ...isnt exactly the right euro gumby all rounder design .

You would need to be physically highly snowboard flexible too ...something you dont get riding a week or two a season.
Its not the equipment its the rider that matters in the first instance ...the equipment is important but increasing ride time training is far more important.
The life cost and financial cost isnt possible for many ....same as surfers that spend months an months in indo every season to ride hollow waves .

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 25-03-23 20:53; edited 3 times in total
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As a long time surfer I can see it being interesting on the right day in the right conditions. Dropping trou and hanging 11 on a snowboard would be neat.

Not sure I would be up for the $$ to buy one without a demo though.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
"As a long time surfer I can see it being interesting on the right day in the right conditions"

Exactly thats 100% correct .....and they will develop it further in the future .

You dont pay the $$$$ you let some kook do that for you as.... its a quiver board period !....you buy it used at $ or $$.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Ultimately they ride fk all powder and most would have never had more than 20 powder days a season max ....ever .

Done multiple seasons in BC, don't think I've ever had 20 real powder days in one season. Outside Japan there's just not that many real powder days. Of course you can find plenty of you tour, but not relevant to this snowboard. As for the suggestion it would be fun to ride in powder?! You would just nosedive. They even say on their YouTube video move the bindings back for powder to give the nose more float.

It would be kind of fun to mess around on for a day. But even then the hassle of moving bindings around each run probably takes some of the fun away. Too gimmicky to actually buy.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I reckon traversing a slope with fresh snow with 5 toes on the nose and the back foot towards the middle of the board would be doable. Sounds like the design sort of works like a nose rider surfboard where the tail holds in to stop the nose sinking.

@boarder2020, you don’t have to adjust the bindings - they are mounted to a sled in the channel and pushing forward releases them so they can slide up and down when you’re riding, push back locks the sled in. Sounds sketchy AF but people walk up and down surfboards to nose ride all the time so maybe just a skill to be learned to open up some new ways to ride.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hmm.
Still can only really see the main advantage being it allows you to arrive at the scene of your accident marginally quicker.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
<laughs> Koura is a great marketing concept and Wolken has helped take snowboarding back to its roots, which some of us never left.
That they have a sense of humour too is all to the good. I have a Fanatic board hanging in my garage.

boarder2020 wrote:
... You would just nosedive. ...
You would indeed just pearl as anyone who's ridden even 20 seconds in powder will know.

It's not about "open minds", or how much powder anyone rides each season, it's just school physics.

The "open minded" could just try no boarding (surely they would have already?) where the importance of
centre of mass is immediately apparent.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hang11 wrote:

@boarder2020, you don’t have to adjust the bindings - they are mounted to a sled in the channel and pushing forward releases them so they can slide up and down when you’re riding, push back locks the sled in. Sounds sketchy AF but people walk up and down surfboards to nose ride all the time so maybe just a skill to be learned to open up some new ways to ride.

Yep but I have zero faith in actually doing that effectively on the move without injuring myself. As you say it would be sketchy AF. I'm sure there are people that have learned how to do it, but it just seems a lot of risk for zero reward for me personally. I just don't need new outlooks and new skills - for me snowboarding is not currently "broken", there's plenty to do without this tech. Sure it would be fun for a day though.
snow report
an interesting oddity, life would be boring if we all liked the same things right?
the guy in the vid certainly looks like he is having fun, and thats all that counts
snow report
I guess we’ll find out today. Real or early April fool.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy