Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wax a band new board?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My wife is about to take delivery of a shiny new snowboard.

Used to be the case that all boards were shipped with factory wax that wasn't up to much, so I'd generally wax a brand new board before first use.

That still the case?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm always inclined to give them a go over, particularly cleaning to get any sticker residue off the base, but I ran my new K2 without and it was OK, although since I have given it a proper wax it's noticeably better
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Burton - wax before use. Unless you don't really care about wax, of course.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, wax a new board.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I didn't wax my new dancehaul and it was superfast, might be the exception to the rule though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Always wax and set edges straight out of the wrapper. They only put a buff on wax and machine grind the edges. Detune tips, set base bevel, and file down top sheet edge so it doesn't chip. Polish the edges with diamond stones and then ride.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
no harm in waxing, most good makes of boards are factory waxed, the wax is ok for a day.

Edges are set at the factory, not just a basic machine grid but set, and unless you know how to grind edges and set them, dont touch them.

obv a snowboard thats 50quid is the exception but all decent makes are ready to ride from wrapper.

unsure, contact the maker of the board, they're always happy to advise.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy