Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suggest to me a newTray

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
michebiche wrote:
@Gazzza, how have you found it?

I've got similar requirements although I've been slumming it with rentals so far. Managed to get a Jones Flagship in Mayrhofen about 5 years ago which I loved, so tempted to stick with that.

What made you choose the BSOD over the Singular or Flagship? There's a Singular at Sick & Wrong which I've got my eye on...

Yes, pleased with the BSOD. I took it to the 3v for New Year. Snow wasn't great, so didn't get the chance to try it in powder, but pistes were generally ok. They were particularly grim and icy at the start of the week but by the middle of the week it was typical spring conditions, hard and and some ice first thing, sweet spot late morning, and very heavy, soft and slushy afternoon. Heavy NY traffic so everything was chopped up pretty quick.

BSOD rode well. Very happy to be ridden fast, held its speed well. Stable, locked in and held and edge better than my old Baron. The Angry Boarder review talked about it liked being driven from just inside the rear leg and once riding it I understood exactly what he meant. My technique is not perfect so I still loose the edge a little and fail to hold a perfect knife edge carve on steeper terrain but that's my technique rather than board. I haven't changed the edges yet its still set to the +1 +1. I'm thinking for my next trip I may re-tune the side to +3. Edge to edge transmission is easy and quick even though I've got the 165 wide. Seemed happy to throw quick edge changes down narrower sections. Conditions were crap so didn't have the opportunity for any off piste. More pop than my old Baron (but that was so aged there's little surprise there) but I flew it off a roller on a long flat piece of blue at high speed and I remember being quite surprised at just how much distance it gave me. Didn't do any proper park stuff, passed once through the small kickers in the top bit of the Pixel park.

In terms of choice I'd ruled out the flagship as being maybe too big mountain for what I wanted, and had it down to the Singular and BSOD. Read/watched lots of reviews, Angry Boarder, Whitlelines and a variety of others and based on those concluded they both sounded like they'd fit my needs. With the BSOD there seems to be quite a variation from season to season models, and having bought and ridden the 22-23 model the Angry Boarder Review is bang on.
It then just came down to finding one of them in stock and I spotted the BSOD deal from Snowcountry so snapped it up.

For me it feels stiff enough for what I want (think they rate it 7 out of 10), seems to like being ridden fast and hard, but forgiving enough that it doesn't feel like its going to murder me if I'm not on form, am riding slower or more chilled or am being lazy.
All in all delighted with my choice, it was fun to ride despite the relatively poor conditions.

Didn't have a boys March trip this year unfortunately, so have not ridden since, but am away at Laax for Easter so hope for some different conditions to ride in. Hoping for some spring powder !
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Agree for the singular. Had mine in the three vallees when there was decent deep (ish) snow and PdS this year in the slush and rock hard piste combo. it’s class. Definitely quick enough, holds well and you can easy cruise about in it if you get bored blasting about. I’m 75kg and on the 158 and it feels spot on.

First time I’ve been on a board and thought that if it gets knackered I’d just go and get exactly the same one again
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks all, have pulled the trigger on the singular! Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy