Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2017/2018: Méribel, Courchevel, Val Thorens, Les Menuires, La Tania, St Martin

Poster: A snowHead
Fantastic. Thank you both. Very much looking forward to getting to resort tomorrow.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anybody around next week and fancy some off-piste? I'm in 3V (La Tania) with family but it would be good to get a day or so to escape the piste-bashing....!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For anyone coming into courchevel today, I've just got back from 1850 and roads are clear. Bit of snow over night, but nothing on the roads to slow you down.... Hth
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
djstu_d wrote:
For anyone coming into courchevel today, I've just got back from 1850 and roads are clear. Bit of snow over night, but nothing on the roads to slow you down.... Hth

Thank you! Just leaving Lyon now.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@djstu_d, thanks for the update.

Just waking up in Moutiers 😀
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
No worries, was super foggy earlier so take it steady and keep your sat nav on, so ya know where's the hairpins are 😀
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Winter's back! 😀 Freezing level's dropped, pistes are firm, vis is ok. Amazing conditions for the last day of March.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We’ve just been sent pics from friend skiing today...looks awesome. Arriving tomorrow -hopefully by lunch time...Please don’t ski on all the fresh snow...it’s got my name on it! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another small top up last night - 5cms or so. Pistes in pretty good condition today - cold snow up high, a bit of firm snow/icyness peeking through in places at mid-height, and some nice spring snow down the bottom of Bouc Blanc at about 2pm...

Was out with offpisteskiing jr #2 today - first time making fresh tracks - not bad for 4!!!

latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Perty, snowing now in St M, specially for you 😉😀
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Massive thanks to a snowboarder today who was alerted to the fact that a dozy person (me!!!) had left her rucksack in the telecabine St Martin 1and chased me to give it back. So grateful. Lovely people out in 3V today!!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Took the kids up a quick spin round the Altiport area this pm. I can’t believe how good the snow is 😀

Snowing on and off for last 4 hrs in Meribel Village - should be a great day tomorrow.....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This morning- one of the best skiing mornings ever!

http://youtube.com/v/Y7qCP0v2aZQ
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Very nice @snowdave. Just to give an idea of how much snow is left in Mottaret. It doesn't look like the end of the season yet!

snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snowing now in Albertville so should be powder later today on the mountain
snow conditions
feeling warm out there today, did the saulire first tracks at 8am and was in great condition. Rest of the morning was great, but warming up.

Turning slushy this afternoon, and went down to la praz which gave the legs a good work out. 25 degrees at the foret lift.

Even with high temps it's still going to take a lot to melt the snow, there is a lot out there.
snow report
Best snow In Val Thorens at Easter that I’ve known, been coming for 6 or 7 years
Yesterday snowed overnight and into the morning then became sunny. Pretty much a powder day
Today was warm but meant that early morning crust went quickly and for most of the day it was spot on
Should have put more sun cream on this morning, paying for that now...
latest report
Anyone has an idea whether there is still a lot of people expected 14-21 april? Last week of season (except val thorens), so you would expect no. However it is spring holiday across France apparently. ...
ski holidays
Very slushy today -copped out at 2pm, waded back to La Tania...
snow report
@bart_bdv, I know there will be a lot of snowHeads anyway: the eosb
ski holidays
admin wrote:
@bart_bdv, I know there will be a lot of snowHeads anyway: the eosb
But I suppose the snowheads are not that numerous that you'll see an impact on skiarea as large as the 3 valleys Happy
latest report
I suspect the only significant impact will be more smiley faces snowHead
ski holidays
Sad that this is probably the last week of the 'historic 2018 snow' -just happy to have enjoyed it -which is alll you can ever really do
latest report
CourchGal wrote:
Sad that this is probably the last week of the 'historic 2018 snow' -just happy to have enjoyed it -which is alll you can ever really do

It ain't going to melt and spring snow is fun in it's own way, especially just turned off piste corn Smile
latest report
@bart_bdv, should be quiet...

@CourchGal, the historic 2018 snow should be ongoing well into June and beyond for those happy to earn their turns...
latest report
PS given the forecast today and the temperatures in the Maurienne yesterday I was quite happy in the office, garage and then climbing wall!
snow report
JONR wrote:
Best snow In Val Thorens at Easter that I’ve known, been coming for 6 or 7 years
Yesterday snowed overnight and into the morning then became sunny. Pretty much a powder day
Today was warm but meant that early morning crust went quickly and for most of the day it was spot on
Should have put more sun cream on this morning, paying for that now...

Totally agree with this. Haven’t made it over to Meribel yet but the snow in VT is awesome. Best conditions in years.
snow report
We're in 1650 and while it was slushy below Bel Air, above was superb.
Creux at about 12-30 was absolutely perfect. Half empty and softening beautifully.
The conditions so far have been wonderful.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Very excited to hear this - We are going to VT for first family ski holiday!!! Was a Snowhead many moons ago (account has lapsed) very glad to be back. I hear there are a few Snowheads going to be in VT next week!! Anyone else got kids in with Prosneige for morning beginner lessons?!
snow conditions
@skipitchski, take a look at the SFaB thread (if I have done that correctly it will create and auto linky).
snow report
@skipitchski, welcome back! If you can't face all 23 pages, or whatever it is, of that thread, I think that the short answer to your question is: yes, there are definitely some kids who will be with Prosneige and I also believe there's some kind of spreadsheet around, showing who's doing what. Maybe you should enquire on the thread itself and someone can then share specific information with you. (I'm not on that Bash, just earwigging on the thread occasionally, so I don't have all the details.)
snow conditions
Snowysarah wrote:
JONR wrote:
Best snow In Val Thorens at Easter that I’ve known, been coming for 6 or 7 years...<snip>.
Totally agree with this. Haven’t made it over to Meribel yet but the snow in VT is awesome. Best conditions in years.
yep. We’re in Mottaret and were here last year as well, the difference is incredible. Skied Courchevel, La Tania, St martin first day. Met up with friends for VT and Les Menuires for the past two days. Fabulous. High winds up top today, so stayed in Meribel valley... conditions are still great!! Slushy down low by lunchtime, but so much to play with. snowHead Cool
ski holidays
Thanks @Hurtle and @NickyJ, heading over to the 'Bash'. My beginners might appreciate the company.
ski holidays
I'm out in La Tania 10th-14th April, looking like something interesting brewing on the weather charts....
ski holidays
Every time I look it seems to change - I guess that is them trying to decide what “interesting” things are going to happen.
latest report
NickyJ wrote:
Every time I look it seems to change - I guess that is them trying to decide what “interesting” things are going to happen.

yup still a long way out so will change lots!! GFS refreshes every 6 hours so forecasts can and do change from one refresh to the next.
ski holidays
Now back to work following a cracking week in VT. Some observations:

- The sheer number of runs in the 3V was both overwhelming and incredible. Sort of makes the Espace Killy piste map look like a small resort

- not sure if the bouchet run is ungroomed, or heavy snow following pisteing made it seem ungroomed, but my 4 week old ski legs could barely handle the midweek bumps across the pistes.

- skiing to la tania for lunch, only to find out the links between the valleys were starting to close down was some experience. Back to VT via Meribel, St Martin and Les Menuires was exhilarating (albeit at times slushy) experience.

- on the above - is there an app that alerts you when lifts are closing?

- Ours in Meribel is a horrible run on fresh snow (lots of pole-ing) but incredible fun on icier/packed snow conditions

- i've been spoiled by the walk 10m out, ski in experience.
latest report
Yes I would like to know about lift closing alert too!
We are staying in Orelle and are planning a trip to Meribel on thurs. lift closures would be a disaster as v long taxi ride home, and although my 5 years old can ski blues and reds we plan out exactly the route so she. An manage it!
ski holidays
Bit concerned by the weather TBH. We're supposed to be heading off from Pralognan along the back of the 3V on Sunday. You can see the valley at the right hand side of this webcam:
http://www.pralognan.com/webcams.html!panoramique-du-mont-bochor

There's been a worrying amount of stuff sliding down off the SE-facing side over the last few days.

At least there's a heat wave forecast for Friday / Saturday that should probably see to anything else that's likely to go:

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/PralognanLaVanoise/6day/mid
ski holidays
Yes I would like to know about lift closing alert too!
We are staying in Orelle and are planning a trip to Meribel on thurs. lift closures would be a disaster as v long taxi ride home, and although my 5 years old can ski blues and reds we plan out exactly the route so she. An manage it!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy