Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pila in the Christmas holidays

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We’ve recently been to Pila (week before school Easter holidays) and had a great time. Everyone keen to go back and as we are beginners, I like the idea of going back to same place as we know how everything works there and know our way around.

The issue is for us to be able to visit again, we’d probably have to go in the Christmas holidays, 29th Dec-5th Jan. we can only go in the school holidays due to work, and Feb half term is out due to one child most likely doing a foreign exchange trip with school that week. (We made it in a quiet time this year because our region’s Easter holidays were different to most others.) Easter holidays too late to go to Aosta valley in 2025.

The question is, for anyone who’s been there in between Christmas and new year, is it so busy that it’s not worth it?! It’s probably our only chance to go as a family so might be worth it if it’s the only time. Are all places crazy busy at this time of year, in which case maybe it doesn’t matter? Or maybe we should rethink the destination. Thanks for any advice.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We’ve done Pila many times over Xmas in years past. It’s lovely & quiet until the 27th Dec then the Italians arrive en masse for the rest of the Xmas / new year break.

I suppose it’s slightly subjective as to what you think is busy but we’d never go at that time again unless it’s departure on the 26th or 27th. The biggest queues are always Chamole & Leisse. Not sure when the new gondola will be finished, taking skiers directly up to the new Couis 1 station but that should make a big difference to the current busy pinch points.

Have you considered going for Xmas day week then you’d only have to suffer a couple of busy days - the rest are usually blissfully quiet & Xmas day the slopes are deserted.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Chuckles3, Thanks that’s really helpful to know about your experience. We would have been happy to go Christmas week but the issue is we have no dog care that week, both options we would usually use for dog care aren’t taking any bookings that week!

It’s possible feb half term might work as although I thought one of the kids had an exchange visit, I think they might be doing it the following year now. I’m guessing preferable to go Feb half term than new year in 2025 as half term isn’t during any Italian school breaks/carnivale next year?

Is the snow usually ok at Xmas holiday time?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snow at Xmas - who knows these days. We’ve never struggled before really. Grimondet area often shut along with run 1 & couis 1. These days it’s impossible to say for any week of the season I think.

I can’t comment re any other school holiday breaks as we don’t have kids so never ski when it’s school hols except occasionally at Xmas. Lent starts early March next year so I think that’s when Carnivale happens???
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy