Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski village to spend a season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

I'm from Belgium, and I have recently been thinking about spending a ski season in the alps. Of course if I am going to spend an entire season somewhere I want it to be a nice spot.
I'm looking for a place that is not too big and not too touristy, with freeride possibilities and some chill locals. I am not looking to party every night after coming down for the slopes, rather to hang out and chill a bit, taking it easy (If you hadn't guessed yet, I'm a stoner).

I have recently been to St Anton, and really liked it there, there is a lot of freeride routes, have also spent a day in the park and the locals there seemed nice. I think snow conditions in this area are generally pretty nice as well.
Maybe St Anton is just still a little bit too big, and in peak season might attract too many tourists (tho i do not know this).

I'm wondering if you guys might have some other recommendations. I think to spend a season I would like to be able to get to know some locals who can show me the nice spots on and off the slopes.

Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do you / will you have a car?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mike Pow wrote:

Probably not
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Max Papadatos,
If you are doing a season you would be advised to choose a large ski area, and preferably one with very high slopes (for high likelihood of snow at either end of the season).
What language(s) would be comfortable with?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Max Papadatos wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:

Probably not

If I were to do a season again I’d 100% be taking a car.

Much easier to transport all your gear from home. Makes food shopping and other life essentials much easier. Gives the opportunity to more readily visit other resorts, plus also get out of resort for a day or two. And a bit of flex for if family come out to visit, can pick them up from the airport. Granted it can cost over a season, and you can definitely do without, but personally I’d choose having a car fairly high up as a priority (especially if you’re not planning on working and/or don’t have access to a company vehicle).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dav wrote:
Max Papadatos wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:

Probably not

If I were to do a season again I’d 100% be taking a car.

Much easier to transport all your gear from home. Makes food shopping and other life essentials much easier. Gives the opportunity to more readily visit other resorts, plus also get out of resort for a day or two. And a bit of flex for if family come out to visit, can pick them up from the airport. Granted it can cost over a season, and you can definitely do without, but personally I’d choose having a car fairly high up as a priority (especially if you’re not planning on working and/or don’t have access to a company vehicle).

Agreed.

Few if any long termers live on the slopes so being based in a town (where rent will be cheaper) will put you in the same space as locals / seasonal workers and with a car you have access to all the things mentioned above.

Alternatively find a resort which has a real town and good bus & train links both locally and to the nearest resorts and cities.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Max Papadatos, If you liked St Anton look at one of the nearby villages, Pettneu is ideal, easy bus connection to St Anton, old fashioned real village vibe, supermarket, bakers, two or three village pubs and a couple of restaurants. Feels a long way away from the Dorfstrasse in St Anton. Flirsch is a bit smaller with less amenities. Stuben might be a bit too small. If you dont mind staying a bit further away Bludenz and Landeck are both linked by bus & train direct to the centre of the village.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i do not think you will find something cheap in Stuben...
maybe a little bit lower in Daalas etc or Landeck on the other side?
on the other side, maybe in Radstadt? or around Innsbruck?

If you come from Belgium and can speak the French Lagnuage why not in France?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Tirol Snowcard - covering about 90 ski areas and 5 or 6 glaciers from October to May - could be worth a look @Max Papadatos.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anton is possibly one of the best ski resorts to spend a season in the alps if not the world, great ski area, great apres, nightlife got worse than pre covid, but the locals and other season workers are helpful and friendly. Staying in anton is expensive, but if you want to save some money and quieter nights look to flirsch and pettneu, a short bus ride in and busses are plentiful in winter. It does get busy in high season but if you pick your times and where to ski it is manageable.
Alternatively get a tyrol card, bring a car and you can base yourself in one of many places and ski many areas, except anton.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy