Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

This weekend 26/4 - where to go?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, apologies if this is a lazy question but new to this and unsure of the late season nuances.
Considering a last minute trip this weekend. Getting Friday morning flights to Geneva back on Monday evening. I hear Tignes is looking good at the moment but was hoping for somewhere with a shorter transfer time if that was possible. 2 adults and a 7 year old with a non skiing 2 year old so would need some creche facilities. 3rd ski trip so beginner/improver level.
TIA!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Your options really are quite limited now at this time of the year. You're looking at Tignes/Val d'Isere, Val Thorens, La Plagne/Les Arcs and beyond that I don't think much will be open now.

In Switzerland you could look at Zermatt, but similar length transfer as the French locations.

Where are you flying from? Because if you could get an Innsbruck flight (Easyjet from Gatwick) you're not far from a number of glaciers that will have good conditions. (Snowing all week and then sunny next weekend) Alternatively Munich isn't too far either.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Butch, I think you are in reality restricted to Tignes or Val Thorens. Les Arcs closes on Saturday.

At the best of times there are not many transfers available outside of Saturday and to a lesser extend Sunday. The train will take too long for your short visit. So I suggest that you rent a car and face the 3 hour drive.

We did this last year going to Les Arcs but went out on a late flight the Wednesday evening and spent Sunday walking in the Chartreuse when Les Arcs was closed. All went well until we got to the Tunnel du Siaix which was closed and we had a long detour on single track roads up to and through Notre Dame du Pré. Given your flight times this shouldn't be a problem

I have no idea where you will find creche facilities
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Butch,
Try asking on the Tignes Seasonnaires 2024 group on Facebook. Also ask Tignes.co.uk
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Am out in Tignes now. The skiing will be excellent. Can’t say whether all amenities and restaurants will be open. Some will be but some are closing as well. Lifts are opens until 5 th May and the pistes are in excellent condition for any time of the year.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Butch, as @dan100 says, conditions in Tignes are excellent at the moment. However, whilst I would be loathed to discourage you, Meto France are predicting rain all day everyday from Saturday. We were also lunching (unusual in itself) with a couple of French resort workers today who were complaining that although the resort is marketing itself heavily at the moment, many of the bars, restaurants and supermarkets are starting to close.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Butch, Argentiere should still be open, tho' not sure it'll meet your requirement for creche. Nor that the skiing is entirely appropriate (not a lot of easy stuff). However, it's a very short transfer.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just got back from Les Deux Alpes. It’s open until Sunday I think and there’s more than enough snow about 2600m to keep you more than busy with lots of blues. Even the greens in Crêtes are absolutely fine. About the same transfer time as Tignes too. Can’t comment on crèche facilities though but we stopped at Hotel Lutins which was a couple of minutes walk at most to Jandri express. If you do consider it I’d recommend somewhere near there or near the Diable TMX for uplift.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Val Thorens was in great condition on Saturday. You can do transfers from GVA by train, and a bus/taxi up the hill.

LMGTFY: https://www.valthorens.com/en/sejour/famille/babysitting/ - ESF seem to have finished their baby-care but there's a list of babysitters that would look after it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy