Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buckle spring replacement

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Me and my son use Atomic Waymaker ski boots - but this may apply to many other boots too.
One one of mine and one of my son's boots have lost one of the springs pulling the buckle back onto the boot shell. Now the buckles are just kind of flapping in the wind when loose. The boots are still working fine when tightened.

Has anyone been able to use wire to create a new buckle spring?

The buckles are riveted on. So removing these can be a bit of a pain.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Gazdok, easy enough to drill and rivet in new ones?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Made me check the price of a new buckle with exactly the same problem on my Scott Cosmos Tour boots, £40 Shocked
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Simple answer is to never leave the buckle unclipped. Even if don't want it tight just leave it on the clip but open with just enough tension to stop it coming loose.

It's good practice anyway to always do your boots up when not in use, so just get into the habit and you shouldn't have any problems.

Or - a large safety pin and a pair of pliers.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Chaletbeauroc, isn’t the safety pin going to hold them open not closed?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I do not have a riveter and never riveted.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When one of the clips on my ski boots failed I took it to my local ski boot shop, they fitted a new one and it really didn't cost that much, can't remember how much though it was a few years ago.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My boots are only unbuckled twice a day when on a ski holiday, otherwise they remain buckled up. Plenty replacements if you search the web.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Gazdok, cheap as chips and even easier
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Gazdok, near impossible to replace those little springs, normal solution is replace the clip normally £30-£40 including the part, no need for a riveter, most palces when replacing a clip will drill out/. grind the back off the old one and use a screw in rivet
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name wrote:
@Chaletbeauroc, isn’t the safety pin going to hold them open not closed?

Depends how adept you are with the pliers (and I wasn't being entirely serious).
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gazdok wrote:
I do not have a riveter and never riveted.
You may get lucky & could do what I did, using a machine screw with a wide/flat head inside (maybe called a truss head?) and a nut on the outside secured with epoxy, ground down so it cleared the buckle.

The boot shell is slightly raised to mount the buckle which gives a slight recess inside for the head, so there's no protrusion

Has worked a treat Smile

ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy