Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oakley Lens A frame 1.0 - Replacement

Poster: A snowHead
Desperately looking for new lens for Oakley A frame 1.0 - these are obsolete but I am hoping someone somewhere has a lens they can sell me ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What colour lens?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
TBH I'd just be really grateful to get a lens, they are my back ups. I cannot see them anywhere and Oakley says they are complexity obsolete now and they don't stock the lens anywhere.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Dunoon65, I've got several but they are in Austria and I'm not there till first week in march. Are you looking for low light or full sun?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Full sun would be great ! I would be happy with low light if I can't get anything else, I like the fit of the frame and I want to use them again. I'd be happy to pay for the lens as well as postage to Scotland ?

regards

Linda Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Dunoon65, hi Linda, I have a virtually new almost black (possibly polarised). Let me see what's what. I'll be back on 11th March and can post then. I'll message you from austria
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sounds great ! Many thanks ....

Linda Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Dunoon65, I will look at what I have got when I get home next week too.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks very much, really appreciate that !

Regards Linda Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was in exactly that position last season - my low light pair is permanently fogged/smeared inside, and the iridium coating on the bright light pair is scratched to death. Couldn't find any lenses and came to the conclusion I was just going to have to buy new goggles. Haven't managed to find any yet, though, cos I've got a very small face and most are just too big. I've just looked at the face foam, and it's pretty knackered on both pairs, I don't think replacement lenses would actually be worth it - hardly surprising since one pair is 18 years old, and the other not much newer than that!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I am really hoping that I will get a replacement lens, people on this site have been amazing ! Like you I have a small head and face and these goggles suit me great. I've had them for a long time unfortunately my 6 year old nephew "polished off snow" from the inside of the lens and wrecked them completely ...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Same happened to me, luckily I had 2 pairs. Hence lots of lens!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Dunoon65, Pesky children! That's what's happened to my low light pair, but I think I only have myself and 17 years of use to blame.
@holidayloverxx, I never had more than one lens for either of my pairs, and they are still on the original lenses, hence now knackered!
I've been looking for a reactive lens pair to replace both, or a mag change lens system, but they all only seem to be in medium/large frames Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Dunoon65, I've just been rooting around in my ski bag and come across my old A Frame lens. I managed to find a replacement a few years ago as the old one had a couple of small scratches on, and I'm very particular.

It's a persimmon tint. If Holidaylover can't find his and you're OK to pay the postage (I'm guessing about £4), then happy to send it over.

Rat
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ratkinsonuk, she (we have met!) knows exactly where they are in Austria. I'll message @Dunoon65, on Sunday when I'm there
ski holidays
Is the a-frame you're looking for the shape with the big vent on each side below the lens ?
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:
...she (we have met!)

latest report

@Dunoon65, here is what I've got

The black ones are a bit marked, I thought they were OK. The other one is fine. You can have them for postage. Message me if you want them
latest report
I have tried to up load a photograph of my lens to no avail, mine has 16 holes across the top, I am sure from the photographs that yours is the same ! Could you send the best one to me please ? I am happy to reimburse your postage of course, I can post cash or pay by Paypal if you give me your email address ?

I am very grateful for your kind offer, as I was starting to give up hope of every getting a replacement lens at all ... Gratitude to you and tremendous appreciation for helping a stranger out ...

Linda Smile

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 4-03-24 8:44; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
Send that...with your surname. in a private message then delete it...justvreoly to the one I sent you. You don't want your personal info all over the internet

I'll be able to post next week.
ski holidays
Obviously not as difficult as you thought- brand new one just sold on ebay yesterday.
snow conditions
On Facebook just now : https://www.facebook.com/share/p/rhbLPtXCNHe7nAaY/
snow conditions
@Roguevfr, its usually very hard. I tried some years ago and couldn't get any lens for love nor money

that ebay one is Model A Frame 2.0, the OP was looking for 1.0 (which I am sending her)
snow report
The ones I'm referring to on Facebook are 1.0 are they not ?

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 10-03-24 18:15; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
And this is the one I was referring to on ebay : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/145632371572
latest report
@Roguevfr, no idea about facebook as you have to be a member of that page to see it. but yes, that ebay one is version 1.0 (even though it doesn't say so), I searched for sold items and a different one came up. A surprising number available now.
snow report
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Roguevfr, no idea about facebook as you have to be a member of that page to see it. but yes, that ebay one is version 1.0 (even though it doesn't say so), I searched for sold items and a different one came up. A surprising number available now.

They're posted on several "selling" pages as well as marketplace .
To find, one must first search
Grasshopper.
snow report
Update. The OP lied. She said "TBH I'd just be really grateful to get a lens, they are my back ups" and "I like the fit of the frame and I want to use them again".

She just sold them on ebay - albeit for charity, but it was disingenuous not to say that's why she wanted the lens. I would have still let her have them for nothing, if she had been honest. It's left a sour taste.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Flicking back through the thread, it didn't look like the OP was that kind of person. I really hope it's just a misunderstanding somewhere. Forever the optimist....
ski holidays
@ratkinsonuk, nope, she emailed me this morning to let me know. she now says her husband bought her new goggles so she "put the back up pair to good use"

edit: on reflection I think she was just a bit clumsy about it all
ski holidays
I think she's genuine, but would have been better to contact you and offer the lenses back first. Live and learn.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy