Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cancelled holiday to Westendorf

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sooooo - Crystal have cancelled out trip to Westendorf next Jan as they've lost the contract for the only accommodation they have there Eh oh! .
Been offered Hotel Feldwebel in Söll as an alternative. Anyone stayed there recently? Any good? Hubby still fairly new to skiing too (first ski holiday in Jan this year) so wondered if Söll is a good fit for him.
Any info gratefully received before we accept!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Söll would probably be OK but it's perhaps not the best base for blue run skiers. There are some easy enough runs at the top of the gondola, as well as the one back to town. After that, you have to use reds to get further afield. I recall blue 43a, which is an important link piste back to Söll from elsewhere, having a tough section (especially at the end of the day).

Ellmau or Scheffau would be better for your husband as they have better access to blues, perhaps using the gondolas to download in at the end of the day until confidence is built up.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I prefer Scheffau over Söll but it is perfectly OK not much difference with the home run, the "blue" in Scheffau can be a challenge due to poor snow. What Söll does have is a really good toboggan run, easy access via the gondola to Hochsöll and floodlit too. Skiwelt generally is good for beginners the biggest issue can be poor snow though hopefully that is not an issue in January.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
westendorf isnt that difficult to arrange your own flight train transfer and hotel ,though you could try INGHAMS they go to westendorf ,we stayed in the schermer albeit not with a tour operator last season and was very good and would rather go to westendorf with a beginner as no faffing about getting to lifts etc
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stayed in Hotel Feldwebel a couple of years ago. Nice hotel, friendly service, food decent and well located for town and ski bus, it's a good option. As per other comments re. the skiing, there are a handful of blue runs at the top of the gondola to practice on but you can also get a good long vertical by combining blue runs 43a and 40 all the way back down to the valley. Yes, you will need to progress on to red runs to get around the skiwelt but to get the best out of the area you really need to do that wherever you stay. So if you have to keep the Crystal booking then I'm sure you will have a great holiday. Having said all of that if you can get your money back and get flights to Munich and accommodation at either Hotels Schermer or Post in Westendorf for the same money I'd do that! Schermer will probably be the more expensive of the 2 but worth it.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Annie66, If you are stuck on Westendorf - Inghams go there...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy