Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New lift at Grands Montets, Chamonix.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A new ten person lift to replace the cranky two man chair. This is the section between the car park and the plan Joran and long over due.

http://www.chamonix.net/english/news/new-chairlift-for-plan-joran-at-grands-montets
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And causing all sorts of ructions regarding construction access!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Excellent. That thing broke my heart on Easter sunday, bags of fresh powder and a 45 minute queue while it only took two people at a time for some reason. I was livid and was thinking of posting a rant on one of the threads here about the morality of transferring lift passes in an area where they don't reinvest (I actually typed out half the rant in the queue before I decided that I'd wait until the end of the day aand after enjoying the aforementioned powder for a few hours, all was forgiven).

That said there are a lot of lifts in chamonix that could do with an upgrade.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A ten person chairs going to be interesting! Anyway you'll still only get 2 people on most of the chairs Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
8611, it's actually a four man but in some weather conditions it drips oil on the middle two!! They are also putting a chair down the back of Les Houches. The real cranky lift left is the Flegere cable car.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jbob, there's a major problem with replacing the Flegere cable due high local gusting wind. Not an easy thing to solve...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Blimey - CMB actually investing in new infrastructure without being prompted by someone dying on the old stuff - whatever next - better access to the Vallorcine side of Le Tour for slowboarders? (not a personal problem but a PITA when you're with some who don't like riding violent old drags)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was amazed at how bad the lifts in Le Tour were. You get so little back in terms of time on the piste too. But I thought the Flegere one was grand? Albeit that was yesterday when there were about three cable car loads on the entire mountain. I do have unhappy memories of half hour queues there before.

If I was in charge I'd upgrade more or less every lift in the valley apart from Herse and Cornu I think. Vote me in there lads Very Happy .
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy