Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GoPros and transceivers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just saw this posted on Natives, worth a read/watch.

http://www.facewest.co.uk/facewestblog/2012/11/06/go-pro-warning-for-transceiver-users/

Quote:
Quick warning for Transceiver users.

There is potential interference from a Go Pro camera and any modern digital avalanche transceiver.

I noticed it when testing an Ortovox Zoom, although it also affects the Tracker 2 and no doubt other brands.

The problem occurs when searching and bringing the camera within 30-40cm of the transceiver. This naturally occurs when the Go pro is on a chest mount or on your head.

Basically you will get erratic behaviour from the transceiver which in a rescue situation will confuse you and be potentially life threatening.

It’s well known the impact mobile phones can have but you also need to be aware of cameras.

Makes perfect sense of course, though I hadn't really considered it before.

Seems the Pulse was more sensitive to it. I played around with an Ortovox 3+ and Pieps DSP Tour in Intersport's basement today, obviously lots of interference, but in this completely unscientific test it affected the 3+ much more - to the point where it just wouldn't direct me to the transmitting transceiver. Shouldn't be a problem outside, but I wonder if Ortovox trannies are particularly sensitive to interference?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
See:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=92886&start=80

This is an issue with most electronics and for some transceivers metal items. Any transceiver I've bought has warned against having electronics too close to it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
meh, Yeah, I've always known about the interference with electrical stuff, just for some reason it had never occurred to me that my headcam (usually forget it's there) would too. Would never have thought to turn the camera off before reading that. Hadn't noticed the other thread.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, but if you are carrying a mobile as far as I can gather the interference isn't very significant if you keep it on the other side of your body. That is what my group usually does so that we can communicate if we get seperated in trees or someone has lost a ski and needs help etc.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy