Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Black Diamond/ Other manufacturers Skins

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I wonder if anyone can help? I'm after some new skins, and ideally would like to get BD Glidelite STS skins 125mm wide to fit my Mantras, and am struggling to find any in the off-season sales, anyone seen any at the right price?

Loads in US but they wont sell BD to UK customers, trade agreements etc.

On the basis that I may be unlikely to get sorted, anyone seen any other makes out there that come highly recommended, and at a good deal?

Thanks, appreciate any feedback.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have experience of BD, Colltex, G3 and Pomoca skins. I have my preferences all other things being equal but if you can find a deal, just get the cheapest. I've had decent luck getting heavily discounted G3 skins from the US
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
not really something you get super-reduced deals on typically over here, not like previous year's ski models that you can get for a steal in the off season for instance. I have preferences too although brands are much of a muchness - at the size and skis you're looking at i guess you aint a hardcore climber, more like a regular/occasional skinner, more interested in the down? on that basis you could theoretically go smaller on the fit which would be cheaper (but compromise your grip a bit)
Have you spoken on the phone to any retailers in US? Might get a different more positive response by talking to them directly if you haven't already done so
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://www.climbingskinsdirect.com/ - Cheaper than the rest, as good or better than the rest and no issues about posting to the UK
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arno, barry, Idris, Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated - will give these some looking at over next few days.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy