Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Filzmoos - worth visiting or not?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, we're looking at holidays in Filzmoos for 1 lower intermediate skier, one advanced and one intermediate snowboarder - will we get bored and be stuck in Filzmoos or is it easy to catch buses to other resorts (I think the lift ticket covers other places). The accommodation and apres ski looks good and the prices seem reasonable, so what's the catch? All advice gratefully received!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
To be honest I haven't been but I read that the buses to the other resorts in the area don't run everyday, I might be wrong!

Filzmoos's own area seems limited for your level.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks - h'mm, we've similar concerns about the resort's runs - If we can't catch a bus out to the rest of the ski amade area, that might not be much fun.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Consider Schladming instead !!!
Filzmoos and Ramsau very scenic and beautiful but limited skiing compared to Schladming.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah, thanks immer schuss - unforch we've just booked Filzmoos! Hopefully, there'll be so much pow, that we won't notice ourselves skiing the same run again and again...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try and hire a car when you are there and you'll have all of the SKi Amade region to choose from. I think Filzmoos only has about 12 km of piste. Otherwise the busses run 3 times a week to Flachau which is where the main ski runs are in the area. Your other option would be taxis
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
yes its worth visiting and buying property there. Which is still pretty cheap (relatively)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just enjoyed a week of solo skiing. No queues and a variety of slopes which you can ski in two days. Very good nursery slopes with enough room for experienced skiers to warm up particularly if you are on rental skis, plenty of hire shops. In terms of public transport a free ski bus for skiers and pedestrians takes you from the furthest drag lift at Neuberg to hotel Alpenkrone at the other end of Filzmoos with drops at lift station car parks. These run every hour approx six times a day.
To get to other resorts such as Flauchauwinkl would require a public bus with a change at Altenmarkt about one hour twenty only if you timed it right, these buses run five times daily and every hour. Likewise with Schladming. Quicker by car, I considered renting a small car such as a fiat 500 from Salzburg airport but opted for a taxi transfer instead. The costs were broadly similar at around £300. The car option has increased risk were the rental condition is that you leave an accident excess payment on a credit card of 1200 euros, unless you can persuade them that your own insurance policy covers damage. If you returned to your car and found a parking dent then that's your excess gone probably. For other ski areas Eben and Altemmarkt are closer. The E55 and A10 from and to Salzburg are busy on w/e transfer days.
Filzmoos itself is a very nice location with plenty of restaurants and cafes and a well stocked supermarket. Plenty of skiers over 50 years of age children beginners and a few boarders but not exclusively.
You can choose to buy a day ticket or typically for three hours, this could work out cheaper than the full Amade ski pass
in terms of food and drink cost I found it similar to the UK and cheaper than France.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks, we enjoyed it too 11 years ago! Very lucky with the snow. Really friendly place to ski. Glad you enjoyed it.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@piero, or you can buy annual excess insurance for 50 gbp and not have that worry - which is what we do.

On small ski areas … Vercorin is tiny - 35km stated but not sure that’s right.

Basically 4 lifts.

We love it. Tree skiing - yep. Wide open pistes - yep. Technical areas - yep. Massive off piste in the trees which we have not exhausted in twenty years - yep.

We hit it for a few days each season along with other tiny places.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@valais2, £50? You are paying too much
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I Like small areas too particularly as I get older, Macugnaga in Italy for one. Skied the Sella Ronda and Portes du Soleil with groups over the years and recently the 3V, but still prefer small areas with tree skiing piste or off, nothing worse than poor visibility apart from being stuck on a cold exposed chairlift in howling wind. I ski on a dry slope so that and age is why I am happy to repeat a run Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy