Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
Good skiing today at Scheidegg. Pistes were soft this morning, suggesting that there wasn’t an overnight freeze. Hazy sunshine and mild temperatures, not many people around.

New skis!

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks a lot different to new year, I guess you are on the honegg or seeli run there. Top right I can see the steep bit of tshuggen that I took family down for first run of holiday because the run down to brandegg was closed Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome back @telford_mike, are we to assume that you are recovered or has Val recruited a new photographer.
Indeed it was a lovely morning up there, remarkably we found some lovely powder that had not deteriorated at all.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Rogerdodger, new photographer unfortunately Shocked I'm still grounded.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pool race this afternoon.

Hundreds in attendance, it’s an absolute bonanza of a day for the Figeller bar on the nursery slope.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Good skiing at Männlichen this morning, despite a few fog banks clinging to the mountainside.

Pistes starting to get very soft after lunch.

Many thanks to @Rogerdodger who popped in with beer and moral support yesterday afternoon Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well what a morning! 15cm of Oberland finest powder and nobody on the mountain.
Yes, I know 30 or 40 would constitute a proper powder morning but this season........let's have a reality check.
Delighted to see @telford_mike, in good spirits, hope the "medicine" helps!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's a music festival at Männlichen this weekend. Details here: https://www.snowpenair.ch/

Work on building the stage and the supporting infrastructure is in full swing.

Mild and bright again today, but the sunshine was a little hazy so the pistes held up a bit longer than yesterday.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It’s warm again, the daffs are out in the garden.

One more day of this nice weather apparently, then a change for the weekend.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Big snowfall today.

No idea how much has fallen, but it’s certainly enough to be a big help with the Easter holidays looming.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Perfect pistes this morning, and not a soul around.

Village is quiet, temps low.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well, my 90 days are up next Tuesday, today was a magnificent season closer for me.
Lovely and cold at Kleine Scheidegg this morning around -10c and the powder was fabulous .
Considering it was a Tues. there were many locals who clearly came up for their "fix".
Huge areas tracked out by 11 o'clock, abnormally quickly.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Good skiing up at Männlichen this morning as long as you can feel your way through the fog bank that was plaguing the top sections.

The runs down to Innerwengen closed today, but everything else remains good.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My trip was awesome. I loved the scenery around Jungfrau very much. Actually everywhere. Comparing Zermatt vs Jungfrau I liked skiing in Zermatt better cause it handles crowds better. But Zermatt says carefree but the taxis are everywhere and have little regard for pedestrian safety. I would go to Cervinia instead. But the cars in Grindelwald? No problem. They stay on the road and people have wide sidewalks. It was way better in that regard. The Park Hotel Schoenegg is awesome. In Zermatt Hotel Sonne was great. Up a hill but not bad. Best hotel I ever stayed in. St Moritz was okay. 45000 dollar watches and 7500 dollars sun glasses so I bought a pair of binoculars. 250 dollars. Big spender. Totally impressed with the trains. Makes me wonder what is wrong with us.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We've had some dreadful weather over the last few days, but it’s April so it was always going to clear up some time. Today was the day. Heaps of fresh snow at Scheidegg, and typical spring conditions.

It’s very quiet. Only 1 bar (Crystal) and 1 restaurant (Sinas) open in Wengen. No hotels at all. We certainly didn’t have a problem with lift queues this morning.

snow report
Pleased to see you back in circulation Mike, you and Val have a great summer!@telford_mike,
latest report
@Rogerdodger, thanks, and see you soon Very Happy

We went up to Scheidegg again this morning, warmer temperatures meant softer snow, and there were a lot more people around. Just the 3 lifts running, but that allows ample terrain for the amount of skiers.
snow report
Not much to see of the new cable car at the Schilthornbahn base station yet, just a few holes in the ground and a lot of concrete.

New (presumably temporary) ticket office and bus stop in the carpark.

The whole thing is closed at the moment, so access to Gimmelwald and Mürren is via Lauterbrunnen.
ski holidays
Not Jungfrau region as such, but many visitors to the area will have visited Brienz on a boat trip from Interlaken. Swiss village of Brienz told to flee imminent monster rockslide

Residents of the tiny Swiss village of Brienz have been told to pack their bags and leave immediately.

The reason: two million cubic metres of rock from the mountain above them is set to come loose and crash down to the valley in the next few days. Shocked

Edit: looks like the report is about a different Brienz in Switzerland, not the one near Interlaken.
snow conditions
@Alastair Pink, yep it’s near Lenzerheide.
latest report
@Alastair Pink,

Yes, 'our' Brienz is safe, we walked there from Giessbach yesterday. Hope you enjoyed the telemarking at Mürren!

snow conditions
@telford_mike, glad that 'our' Brienz is safe (although it must be a bit concerning for the inhabitants of the other one). Shocked

And yes, I had a most enjoyable time last Thursday, Friday and Saturday at the Telemark Only event, the snow conditions at Birg and Schilthorn were pretty good. Very Happy

Photo part way down the black run from the top of the Schilthorn...

snow report
Lots of construction work going on at Birg (for the 20XX project)....

snow report
Inboard wrote:
@Alastair Pink, yep it’s near Lenzerheide.

Well the other Brienz village near Lenzerheide has now been totally evacuated: Residents of a tiny Swiss village have all been evacuated because of the risk of an imminent rockslide.
snow report
Construction of 20XX is in full swing !!
ski holidays
The piste past the buildings at Eigergletscher has been widened. This was a bottleneck, particularly since the Eiger Express opened.

Speed camera on the Dorfstrasse in Wengen Very Happy

snow report
Hi everyone, anyone missing the Mountains? Here's a (train nerd's) video of the Driver's view from the cab of the WAB from KS to Lauters - makes a change from most videos which are out of the side window - Enjoy!

http://youtube.com/v/K1JSTX3lxoQ Very Happy
snow report
sherlockis wrote:
Hi everyone, anyone missing the Mountains? Here's a (train nerd's) video of the Driver's view from the cab of the WAB from KS to Lauters - makes a change from most videos which are out of the side window - Enjoy!
Very Happy

Nice! Goes past our house at 23:25 snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
And for your added delectation - with special appearance by Cows (not normally a skiers hazard!) at 02:25 - here's the other way, KS to Grindelwald snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/emPKPBc2QgQ
latest report
Quote:

Nice! Goes past our house at 23:25

Mike, I thought you might notice that!
snow report
Popped over to Mürren today. Lots of work going on, despite it being the weekend. The transport lift for the construction is huge.

Hotel Bellevue has been rebranded. Only the name seems to have changed, and fish & chips is still on the menu.

The weather is scorching hot, and everywhere is busy.
snow conditions
telford_mike wrote:

Hotel Bellevue has been rebranded. Only the name seems to have changed, and fish & chips is still on the menu.

What about the chicken in a basket? Madeye-Smiley

Do you know who the new owners are? I know that the Hotel Alpenruh and the Hotel Blumental are now owned by the lift company, I was wondering whether they've also taken over the former Hotel Bellevue?
latest report
@Alastair Pink, didn’t notice the chicken, but I think it was a big seller so I bet they'll still do it. Not sure whether the hotel has actually changed hands, but there's no sign of any lift company branding anywhere.
snow report
Is the lift going to be finished in time for the ski season? Is it just the lower 2 sections being replaced at the moment?
snow report
DixieDean wrote:
Is the lift going to be finished in time for the ski season? Is it just the lower 2 sections being replaced at the moment?

No, unfortunately. They haven’t published an opening date for any of the new stuff yet. They’re working on all 3 sections at the moment. Going over to the hostel at Gimmelwald for pizza on Sunday, so may learn more.
snow report
Ski pass prices for the forthcoming winter have been published:

https://cdn.jungfrau.ch/Prospekte_und_Broschueren/Preisliste_Jungfrau_Ski_Region.pdf
latest report
Snowmaking in the area further extended for next season covering the Black Rock piste from Eiger Gletscher to Wixi
ski holidays
Jill t wrote:
Snowmaking in the area further extended for next season covering the Black Rock piste from Eiger Gletscher to Wixi

Does this mean that the old lift from Wixi up towards Eigergletscher will be in use more often?
snow report
DixieDean wrote:

Does this mean that the old lift from Wixi up towards Eigergletscher will be in use more often?

One would hope so, but I guess we’ll find out in December. Despite it being slow, it’s a useful lift.
ski holidays
Not wishing to be a doom and gloom monger BUT.....Jungfraubahnen will never run Wixi again. There are 2 lifts giving access to Eigergletscher, in excess of 3000 people/hour.
This doesn't include the train from Kleine Scheidegg which conceivably would move a further 500/hour.
Mr Urs Kessler is in the business of making money, not burning it!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy