Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jungfrau Ski region pt. 2

Poster: A snowHead
Well I've had the refund from the Jungfraubahn people for the two 6 day skipasses which I'd bought online for my friends who were due to join me on a later trip, in fact they even included the CHF5 postage in the refund which I wasn't expecting. When I paid for the total CHF591 back in the middle of January my credit card charged me £470.75 at the then exchange rate, however since then with the £ falling considerably against the CHF the repayment into my credit card now equates to £518.67, so I'm £47.92 better off! Madeye-Smiley

I've also contacted SBB and they are refunding me the Saver Day pass tickets I'd bought back in February for the same upcoming trip, so once again with the falling £ since then I should be quids in. Smile

I seem to be doing quite well from this unplanned currency trading! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A cold day, but sunny. Time for a hike up to the Leiterhorn.

So quiet here you can't believe it, but still lovely up in the hills above the village.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@telford_mike, Lovely. As I've said before if you (like virtually everyone in Europe now) has to be in self isolation I can think of fewer scenic places to be than the Jungfrau region. Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
What a life you still lead Mike, and there's still a ribbon of white back towards the village from Allmend.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Still lovely here, mild temperatures and dry.

Quick hike out to the Mönchblick this afternoon, great views. Village is basically dead, just a few people at the Co-op this morning.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Having fun with ‘night mode' on the phone:

Still sunny and nice here, no snow for almost a month now.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Interview with Othmar Suter, owner of the Hotel Bellevue in Mürren talking about the village and how he came to live there. https://www.facebook.com/jungfrauregion/videos/152110522757646/
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A sprinkling of snow here in the village this morning. Down in the valley it soon melted.

It's much colder, we've got used to the mild weather recently.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Much nicer day today, perfect for a walk.

There are so few people about, even the goats are pleased to see us.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
You're kidding me?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
northantsred wrote:
You're kidding me?

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
People are still skiing!

Beautiful weather, temp this afternoon about +15C.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No lockdown then?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skilegs wrote:
No lockdown then?

No, not here. We're restricted to groups of 5 or less and must exercise social distancing. Only food shops and pharmacies open - no bars etc. Almost unbelievably, tourists have been arriving for Easter, which is beginning to irk some of the locals.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
So are hotels open?
snow report
skilegs wrote:
So are hotels open?

I saw someone complain on social media a few days ago that they were unable to get a refund from the Hotel Belvedere in Wengen as "they were saying they were still open" . I don't know if that's true, but if they are it's a bit harsh on the person who booked since they are obviously unable to travel against FCO advice.
ski holidays
All the hotels are closed. The only one doing any sort of business is the Bernerhof, who are doing takeaway pizza and pasta from Thursday to Saturday. Weather still glorious, lots of tadpoles in the pools at Stechelberg.

latest report
telford_mike wrote:
Weather still glorious, lots of tadpoles in the pools at Stechelberg.

Any sticklebacks at Stechelberg? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Alastair Pink wrote:
telford_mike wrote:
Weather still glorious, lots of tadpoles in the pools at Stechelberg.

Any sticklebacks at Stechelberg? Toofy Grin

Never seen one, but you never know!
latest report
Remember seeing someone fishing for trout on the lutschine from the train once in March.
snow report
I've just seen this bit of news on the Kandahar ski club facebook page:

Renewal of the Grütschalp - Mürren adhesion railway.
In order to meet the requirements of the Disability Act, the old trains will be replaced with low modern ones by 2023. The stations and workshop will be modernised with the large scale renovation of the train line.

ski holidays
That is great news for all of us! The 2 steps up onto those trains is hardwork in ski boots, particularly when you are tired!
ski holidays
Finally, the capacity of the train will match that of the BLM cable car!
snow report
Good news but one hopes they will keep some old rolling stock as, at least, museum pieces as they are a real part of the history and atmosphere as much as the old and very posh jungraujoch carriages which come out once in a while.
ski holidays
Aah, but no more 'Driving the Train' beside the driver though Sad ...I'll miss the tick-tick-tick noise, and the cooked salopettes from the red-hot radiator in the front snowHead
latest report
Easter holidays all done - it’s the ‘official' end of the ski season, so building and renovations can begin. This huge remote controlled cherry picker arrived today.

The crazy golf is being prepared for guests, perhaps more in hope than expectation.
snow report
Walked up to Allmend today. Still lots of snow at the start of the slalom course.

We've had no significant rain for over a month, but this evening we had a thunderstorm. This is great news, as there isn’t really enough grass in the meadows for grazing livestock.
ski holidays
Another day, another walk. We finally saw the ibex that everyone’s been talking about below the forest path just beyond Innerwengen.

Weather is warm and sunny again.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@telford_mike, great photo of the Ibex! Very Happy
latest report
The Jungfrau summer pass is one of the bargains of the century. They're not being advertised on the JB website at the moment, presumably because many of the services are closed. You can still get a summer pass though, from a railway station. We bought ours today.

latest report
Interesting article about Mürren, written from an American perspective.
https://freeskier.com/stories/the-worlds-most-beautiful-ski-resort
snow report
DHO webcam images might be a bit dodgy for a while Laughing

ski holidays
@telford_mike, External decorations or repairs?
ski holidays
Computer generated video of the new Schilhornbahn 20XX project due to be operational 2022/23.

http://youtube.com/v/XObY_IkG6Cc&feature=youtu.be
ski holidays
Alastair Pink wrote:
@telford_mike, External decorations or repairs?

I think they're just treating the woodwork. Same thing at the Bernerhof.
snow conditions
Snow above about 1900 metres yesterday. Got a nice moonlight shot of the mountains after the rain cleared away yesterday evening.

More rain today, but the forecast is good for next week. Restaurants can reopen from the 11th May, everyone is looking forward to that! Still no mountain transport until June though.
snow report
Went over to Mürren today. Lots of work going on for the railway upgrades. New raised platform at Winteregg.

Cable car to Grütschalp is limited to 15 passengers - Mürren very quiet therefore. This being a Sunday, the only place that was open was Mr Tham's takeaway.
ski holidays
@telford_mike, Interesting. The grass slope to the right in the photo is of course where in previous years they have had a snowtubing course in Winter (although I didn't notice it in operation this last Winter?) https://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/corporate/news/snow-tubing-facility-opening-at-winteregg-88-1/
snow conditions
Lake Brienz at Bönigen today. Utterly deserted.

Warm, sunny days at the moment.
ski holidays
Stunning picture.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy