Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Austrian Anwaerter (Anwärter) Sk Instructor Course - (a blog) - 11 year update!

Poster: A snowHead
Sitter, fairly common sense stuff like what would you do if you witnessed an accident etc. If it were in English it would be a doddle.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Congrats flangesax,
So that's why Cineplex, Zell am See is always full of ski instructors (in uniform) on Tuesdays. wink

Have you decided yet which month you will be doing for the calender?
http://www.news.at/nw1/gen/slideshows/reise_neu/2010/slideshows/skilehrerkalender2011/1.jpg?1289836570
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
clarky999 wrote:
Sitter, fairly common sense stuff like what would you do if you witnessed an accident etc. If it were in English it would be a doddle.

Cheers, I should be alright then, so long as they're not expecting perfect grammar! Guess it's written answers rather than multiple choice?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The questions can all be answered by repeating text from the written material given out on the course (in the Tyrol test I took), e.g. the 10 FIS piste rules, name six groups a ski instructor/ski school might expect to cooperate with. Some questions are free form answers, other were selecting from multiple options given (easier). Perfect grammar isn't necessary (but the answers should be understandable).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sitter, it heavily depends on which county authority is running your course.

For my course (Salzburgerland)...

The teaching practical must be done in German or else you will not pass the German element.

Further to this you have to do exactly as clarky999 suggests.

DB, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
flangesax wrote:
Sitter, it heavily depends on which county authority is running your course.

For my course (Salzburgerland)...

The teaching practical must be done in German or else you will not pass the German element.

Further to this you have to do exactly as clarky999 suggests.

DB, Laughing Laughing

Yeah we had to do the teaching in German too (as well as the written paper). Found the teaching easier tbh, just memorise a fwe phrases from the little booklet (that was from the Tirolerschilehrerverband, did you get a german-english 'useful phrase book' from the Salzburger one?). Our trainer was pretty cool though, he let us Brits choose which the things we wanted to teach in advance, to give us time to get the German down, rather than being assigned one one the spot.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have just got back from a 'freshen-up' course led by the SBSSV at Kitzsteinhorn glacier Kaprun.

After being an Anwaerter for 3 seasons you must do a freshen up course.

These courses are free (just the price of the pass €20) for all Salzburg 'graduates'.

Other areas also attend at a rate of €100, I think they can also be used to refresh the international certs as well.

No nonsense long morning up on the glacier.
Just going over the order of teaching and then a few drills and analysing a few of the 'core' elements.

Nothing to panic about!

I think I may have done the course a year early due to not being an official Anwaerter until the year starting April 12 but thought it better safe than sorry!

If the Landesleher 1 course comes to Flachau next March then I may tag myself on to that!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Has anyone done the anwarter course this 2016/17 season.
I'd be very interested if you have any updates.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Carl Edwards, I don't know anyone who has this year but I do know that nothing has really changed since I wrote this blog.

The Landes cert is now offered in March every year but unfortunately (or rather fortunately I suppose) I am always busy with some 'fantastic' guests around that time!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks very much for that.
What I'm really after is information regarding the German language in the course.
All instructors I have spoken to say " don't worry, you can cheat ! "
That's not really the point. I'd like to know some idea of what I need to know.
Can you point me towards any specific content ?
It would be much appreciated.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I took a course (I think I mentioned / linked to it earlier in the thread).
You do not need excellent German BUT you do need enough to understand what it going on!
I found it a little unfair that the Nederland guys on the course could do there teaching in English and were instructed by the team in English and German, they then had a tiny spoken test in German..... however they were performing the entire task in a second language!

As a native English speaker I had to do my practicals in German and do a little spoken test for emergency situations.
This then meant I gained my 'second' language automatically... it being English!

I was very thankful that I had learnt some key phrases and technical vocab; without this I expect I would have had to have had a language retest!

The SBSSV site now recommend snowlingo...
http://www.sbssv.at/de/ausbildung/anwaerter/
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just digging this out again.... got to do another freshup this season!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@flangesax, what a great read thanks for digging it up although it has made me slightly late for work.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
...booked in for my second 'fresh-up' pro development coursey thing... TODAY!

Apparently it is introducing the new SBSSV syllabus.... I'm not so sure what needs changing so desperately??
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@flangesax, Good luck, let us know how it goes ?
ski holidays
+1
ski holidays
flangesax wrote:
...booked in for my second 'fresh-up' pro development coursey thing... TODAY!

Apparently it is introducing the new SBSSV syllabus.... I'm not so sure what needs changing so desperately??

They are going for a new fresher look. Female instructors are to wear a Bikini while men will be wearing a Mankini as their new ski uniform.

Here's proof ......

Good luck today and hope it doesn't chaff too much in this cold weather. Toofy Grin
latest report
Wasn't too cold.... and unfortunately she wasn't there!
I'll update with some proper info soon.

Basically they have introduced different labels and stages between snowplough turns and carving.
It makes good sense and I'll update with more info.... probably after the season 'cos I am knackered!
latest report
Are these refresher courses expensive? ... and how many days is the refresher course?
ski holidays
It is a one day course. For SBSSV member they are free.
They also count to any required 'professional development' days.
For non members they are €70
ski holidays
Oh... and membership costs €30 a year for all insurances and your annual license renewal.
latest report
Just digging this thread out for a link...
The course is still going and all is still relevant (apart from any potential EU complications...)

I signed up for the Landes 1 last sprinf but had to cancel due to complications.... not 'feeling it' enough this year to do it but anyhoo....
latest report
flangesax wrote:
Just digging this thread out for a link...
The course is still going and all is still relevant (apart from any potential EU complications...)

I signed up for the Landes 1 last sprinf but had to cancel due to complications.... not 'feeling it' enough this year to do it but anyhoo....

How did your Landes go flangesax ? what about the walk home ?
snow report
@Timberwolf, ...shut up!! I got a bit wet, that was all! Who put those rivers in the way anyhow!?!
latest report
I should've let you run the whole way home Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy