Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

48 hours in Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok, I arrive late Friday evening ready to ski all day Sat and Sun. snowHead Never been here before, so can anyone offer advice on the best area to head for so I don't waste time (I'm an intermmediate looking for blues/reds and very easy blacks!). I am assuming that I will try Les Gets one day and Avoriaz the next, is this the best way? Is the lift system easy to get around?

What are the best bars for apres ski?

Questions, questions. Thanks! Pinky
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Les Gets for easy intermediete cruising blues. The best place is the Ranfolly bowl with some lovely reds. The long Tulipe run is one of my Faves. Chamossiere has a tasty black and red when u fancy a challenge.

Use Super Morzine to get to Avoriaz and go over to linderets for some wicked tree lined blues and reds. Great mountain restuarants too.

OK - evenings . You must eat out at etal at least once. It's a buzzing restaurant and really cool.

Dixies is the best bar with the Brits. Buddha bar is more serene with some interesting decor.

hope it helps.

Have a goo un Wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
or a GOOD un rather!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Both Avoriaz and Les Gets can be easily covered with blue slopes. For Avoriaz you need to take the Super Morzine godola and then all the way blue to reach the purely green Avoriaz station (ugly as hell though because the weathered timber claddings).

Morzine to Les Gets is a good run and the mountains there are nice cruising country. The steep ones are normally isolated off the the main skiing area.

There aren't many web cam available but the following site show the view near the bottom area everyday.

http://www.stella-galaxy.com/lgcam-e.htm

Both Les Gets and Avoriaz are good for intermediate. The two are not physically linked, except by motorised vehicles included in the ski pass. From memory you will only be able to ski only in a very limited part of Avoriaz with the Les Gets pass. I would buy resort-only ski pass for the two days as it takes time to move from one place to the other. Should be good fun for the two days. I haven't been disappointed for my 4 visits yet (day tripper from Chamonix Valley).

Lastly - if you can cover a long distance buy the ski pass covering the Swiss side too, otherwise you will be stopped at the crossing points. The top area near Morzine has a lot of chair lifts/outlets and be careful not wondering into the wrong slopes. (For my last two visits I didn't managed to ski down to the lowest point in Morzine!). Les Gets slopes are more gentle, wider and better laid out.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Where to ski.

taking the pleney lift takes you straight up to the morzine slopes, by going with the flow you will end up on the les gets side anyway. Follow the sign with the bunny on for easy blue routes through the trees etc.

for avoriaz you need the bus to the bottom of the big super morzine cable car that holds 70 odd people, very james bondy, be sure to check out the amount of slack in the cable!! this cable car drops you right into the 'high street' of avoriaz, and from there the worlds your lobster, well worth the half hour it takes to get there, i would go early tho, cos it probably gets busy. when you come out of the station go straight ahead and take second lift on the left, takes you towards lindarets etc v nice.

for apres

try the buddha bar, cosy, good music, medium prices fiver for guinness tho so watch out. next door is the cavern for later in the night. etal restaurant is good but gets busy. theres a sports bar too but i cant remember its name. its down by the centre of the village. bit narrow, jostly sort of place.

i'm arriving sunday night yeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaa. leave it as you found it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sorry meant to ask. did you book through ski morzine?

I used them once, but now sort it myself. once you've been anywhere once you get a flavour I guess.

you wont be disappointed, what accomodation did you get?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes Ian I used SkiMorzine. As I haven't done a weekend ski trip before and never been to Morzine, they've been a great help and sorted everything beautifully with one phone call, they've even sent me a piste map. We have the last room in chalet Ste Marie, a 5 minute bus ride from the centre of Morzine (so I am told).

They say they provide a shuttle bus to the super morzine thingy, so I will probably do that on the Saturday. Plus we get the chalet ski guide on the Saturday so it will be worth sticking with him. Then I thought maybe go into Morzine and to Les Gets on the Sunday. I will be leaving Morzine about 7.00ish on Sunday eve, probably just as you roll in snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Think about the temperatures in the area (are you going this weekend?). Lindarets is lovely but carries a lot of traffic down from Avoriaz and gets slushy very easily, as do the lower runs off Pleney and down into Les Gets. Morzine is only 1000m.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Beware queues at Prodin - Avoriaz gondola.....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have found out that we are not in Morzine itself, but 5 minutes from the Ardent gondola, which takes us up towards Avoriaz or the Swiss side. Have spoken to someone (owner of our local ski shop near Henley) who has been going the first week in April to nearby Chatel for the past 12 years. She has given me advice on runs and recommended some restaurants in Lindarets. Sounds good to me. snowHead

Having spent two weeks this season skiing in blizzards, I am looking forward to feeling the sun on my face on the chairlift! Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looks like Morzine's snow in the town is melting. We'll be Avoriaz bound I think.

Be sure to report back Beverley.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ian, I won't be able to report back to you as you arrive Sunday eve and I am flying back Monday morning! I think up high will be the place to be though.

Passport - check. Ski gear - check. Clean knickers - check. Ok that's me sorted. I'm off to Heathrow now (well in 10 mins when my taxi comes!).
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No rush.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy