Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tremblant

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been invited to join a group heading there next year, which is good.

But I'm unsure whether to go because,

1. It'll be my main trip (possibly only trip) next year.
2. There doesn't appear to be much on piste skiing for a week.
3. No report I've seen mentions the off piste possibilities.
4. We'll be taking the kids (aged 4 & 7 by then) and I hear it's cold.

So should I stay in Europe? Decisions, decisions Confused
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I lived out in Eastern Canada for a winter and you are right it can get very cold - when are you going? There aren't too many weeks when it's seriously cold (-30C). It isn't a huge ski area and it is just a hill, but it does have some good skiing all in the trees. Also there are glades that are marked out runs that send you through the trees and I do mean through them - they haven't taken any down!. Also there are a number of smaller ski hills just down the road if you get bored with it. The resort is attractive and I would think that it's well kitted out for the kids but beware the 7 hour flights!

I liked Tremblant when I skied it but I've never imagined going over the pond just to go there. European skiing is in a different league to Eastern Canada skiing.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Chris, it would be the half term break next year, so early to mid february probably.

As I mentioned, I didn't organise it and the flight time is a worry as well. Traveling over the pond wouldn't have been my choice either, but the overall package looks reasonable. £2K for a family of four at a 5* Hotel on the slope, so I'm told.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mid february might not be too cold - from memory January was the coldest month, but even in Feb it was B****y cold. Mind you I never skied in many more layers than I do in Europe - you'll need a balaclava and googles! Worth noting that the hotel will be on a room-only basis so you'll need to budget for food. Also of note, they don't get much natural snow fall but instead rely on the largest snow-making installation that I've ever seen! On a positive note the lift queues are very civilised and on the one time I went there when it was busy I only had a long queue for the first lift and after that nothing. That lift has now been replaced by a higher capacity Gondola so queues shouldn't be a problem. Hope this is helpful.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Very. And much appreciated too.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy