Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski bag for 2 pairs

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there.

Any tips for a good bag that can fit 2 pairs of skis ? No problem if it can't fit the boots.
Having wheels is a must, some kind of padding is always welcome Cool

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 5-09-22 15:13; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've used a Scott Evo Premium for the last few years and it's stood up well. Two pairs of adult skis, one set of kid's and all the poles, can pad out with most of the outer clothing as well.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dakine low roller. Fits 2 pairs of all mountain skis with bindings. Plus two pairs of boots - 26.5 max. Plus two pairs of poles. Plus two helmets. Total weight 22.8kg.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have this one, and it does the job...

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/bag-for-4-skis-3-snowboards-grey/_/R-p-156416?mc=8398284&c=GREY
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The douche bag has space for two, if you're going upmarket/expensive.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@AndreSilva, May not help you as you are in NL, but this is a bit of a bargain https://www.glideslide.co.uk/ski-equipment/luggage/pro-de-con-magnum-double-wheeled-ski-board-bag-blue__16805 at £75 in the UK.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 6-09-22 9:10; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dakine Fall Line double works for me, 2/3 pairs of skis plus other kit.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've got the previous generation of the Thule RoundTrip, which has been great. Decent padding, plenty of space and the wheels are good.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quick random question on wheeled ski bags, sorry for thread wander. I bought a DB on wheels a couple of years ago in a sale and haven't used it yet because of pandemic, but plan to book some flights soon for January and not sure about how to pack re allowances etc, would like to just take the DB wheeled ski bag and cram everything in the one bag. So When flying can you fill this with ski hardware and clothes/ shoes etc and do away with a hold bag, and if so what is the weight allowance?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dakine bags will stand up to years of abuse. The double will fit 2-3 pairs of skis and some other stuff.

I will never buy Douchbags again. The style is nice but the durability is poor and not a patch on Dakine.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Scarlet, Good call DakIne vs Douchbag quality, the fabric rips much easier on the DB but the DaKine styling not as good imv.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Markymark29, unless I misunderstood your question. This is all dependent on who you are flying with (and how you get your flights).

Lufthansa, Austrian and Swiss, if you book a fare with a hold bag you can add your ski bag on top for free (need to phone up in advance to add it)

Easyjet presume you will need to book as ski bag.... but I know ours they checked at least one of the boot bags when we checked them in.

BA you can book a fare with a hold bag and you can check in a ski bag instead as long upto 190cm in length. Their weight limit is 23kg.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 6-09-22 10:06; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Markymark29 wrote:
Quick random question on wheeled ski bags, sorry for thread wander. I bought a DB on wheels a couple of years ago in a sale and haven't used it yet because of pandemic, but plan to book some flights soon for January and not sure about how to pack re allowances etc, would like to just take the DB wheeled ski bag and cram everything in the one bag. So When flying can you fill this with ski hardware and clothes/ shoes etc and do away with a hold bag, and if so what is the weight allowance?

Yes, if you can fit it all in. Weight limit is normally the same as the hold bag weight, so Jet2 22kg, Easyjet 20kg, but check the baggage page on your airline's website. Be aware of potential insurance issues if it goes missing as it's not supposed to hold more than skis...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
NickyJ wrote:
@Markymark29, Lufthansa, Austrian and Swiss, if you book a fare with a hold bag you can add your ski bag on top for free (need to phone up in advance to add it)

Lufthansa you have to tell them I think, but Swiss you don't (just turn up and check them in) , I dont know about Austrian.

Swiss, you can take two bags for your "Ski bag" being "max. 2 bags - 1 bag containing one pair of skis OR one snowboard & 1 bag containing one pair of ski poles and one pair of ski shoes OR snowboard shoes 1 helmet"

Though how you get a bag that suited to poles AND ski boots is beyond me. Poles just go in the ski bag.

But as NickyJ says you must buy the right fare class.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Tue 6-09-22 10:25; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@ster, thanks for extra info. Lufthansa was definitely phone and I know they are same group and all allow, so just assumed it was a phone up jobby for others Happy Which reminds me I haven't got around for phoning them over my April flights!
latest report
@NickyJ, I know, its odd. Like the different hand luggage policies between BA and Aer Lingus, both part of the same group and the poo-poo BA call center vs the excellent Aer Lingus one.
snow conditions
AndreSilva wrote:
Hi there.

Any tips for a good bag that can fit 2 pairs of skis ? No problem if it can't fit the boots.

I wouldn't spend loads on it, as the baggage handlers love to throw them as far as possible (I think it may be an Olympic sport) and inflict damage to your lovely new bag.

I've already had 2 replacement bags gratis from EasyJet.
ski holidays
I have the Fall Line Double but tbh I find it a bit too heavy when it's empty, so you can be a bit limited if you're trying to avoid taking another bag or want 3 pairs. There's a Decathlon bag with wheels that's pretty good, although a bit more lacking in terms of protection for the skis (but if they're surrounded by ski clothes, not such a problem)
latest report
I would agree with @JailBaitMcFlude, I have the Fall Line and it is solid which is good but its heavy- I have however had at least 3 sets of skis in it before and boots- there will be a risk of going over the BA weight limit if not careful.
snow report
JailBaitMcFlude wrote:
There's a Decathlon bag with wheels that's pretty good, although a bit more lacking in terms of protection for the skis (but if they're surrounded by ski clothes, not such a problem)

I would have thought that the clothes need more protection from the skis, with the sharp edges and the other hard surfaces like bindings, than the skis get protection from the clothes? I've had ski edges cut through the tough ski bag material as the bags been dragged around by the handlers and through salopettes when in a crash and the skis came off, I wouldn't like them slicing bits through jackets etc. that they happened to be in contact with in the bag.
snow conditions
@ster, I tend to tie skis together and then wrap in base layers etc. then trousers. Jackets are worn. Everything gets far more damage from use than from baggage handlers.
snow conditions
IMHO fall line dakine is great.

Yes, it is heavier than other options.

But that also corresponds to heavier fabrics that survive baggage handlers etc. The impression I get is that they are probably upper end of what you should spend; after that getting into more expensive materials, which might be lighter, but generally aren't better at surviving baggage handlers + luggage holds + being chucked around hotel room when you are trying to get to the hotel bar asap after a long days travel...

With regards to skis cutting stuff, I think the main issue is skis moving around, especially relative to other contents. So tie them together and wrap them to minimise excess space and they are far less likely to slice through things.
snow report
Dr.Snow wrote:
@AndreSilva, May not help you as you are in NL, but this is a bit of a bargain https://www.glideslide.co.uk/ski-equipment/luggage/pro-de-con-magnum-double-wheeled-ski-board-bag-blue__16805 at £75 in the UK.

Could be tempted by that one myself, my non wheeled bag is getting tatty & heavy with two pairs in it. Boots always go in cabin bag.
snow conditions
Have you got one already? If not, I have the one in this picture I’m going to sell this season https://www.locally.com/product/649758/dps-skis-rolling-quiver-ski-bag
snow report
AndreSilva wrote:
Hi there.

If it is only for skis the sportube series 3.0 is a great case. Padded, light and great for 2-3 pairs of skis.

Loads of good suggestions above for bags which will hold additional kit also. I would comment that they can get damn heavy. Well packed can easy hit 40kg which has pros (carries everything!) and cons (they won't like you at the airport). I have the Dakine Fall Line double and tend not to use it as I want more padding in it for the skis if it only skis in there and it gets too heavy if I pack things in to protect the skis.*

Really does depend on your requirements as to what you want in the bag itself...

*I have found the plastic packaging you get if you buy wine/whisky online is great for protecting the tips/tails of skis.
ski holidays
Legend. wrote:
*I have found the plastic packaging you get if you buy wine/whisky online is great for protecting the tips/tails of skis.

Theres a good tip (as it were), I've kept a few of those about.
snow conditions
ster wrote:
Legend. wrote:

Mine always comes in a cardboard box Puzzled
latest report
musher wrote:
ster wrote:
Legend. wrote:

Stop buying the cheap stuff!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ster wrote:
musher wrote:
ster wrote:
Legend. wrote:

Stop buying the cheap stuff!

Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
musher wrote:
ster wrote:
Legend. wrote:

As ster says..I’m not talking about a box from Naked Wines or whomever but if you buy individual bottles or say bottles of spirits they normally have an inflated plastic cover. Well in my experience anyway and I’ve bought a good few!
latest report
@Legend.,
I never but one at a time wink
snow report
I've got a sportube series 2. Fits 170 and 150 adult skis with bindings on and 120 and 130 jr skis with bindings off and placed between adult skis and weights 23kg with poles.
latest report
Glosterwolf wrote:
I've got a sportube series 2.

+1 fit two pairs of skis + poles well and offer good protection.
latest report
@sbooker, which exact model is this? Sounds capacious.

Also, as a general question, how precise are these bags in terms of length? I currently have a pair of skis which are 169cm, so I would naturally go for a bag in 175cm length (which seems to be a standard size). But I may well change my skis in the next year or so, and may well go up to something like 177-180cm in length. Would these actually not in the bag (in which case I'd need to go for a 190cm length one)?
snow report
I'd say that's the exact size internally. I have some 166 volkls that are slightly longer than 166 overall and I put in a dakine fall lie 175, wasn't much room so you would probably want the 190 for 177's.
latest report
@Glosterwolf, thanks.
latest report
@J2R, an alternative view / data point: my Dakine Fall Line Double fits my 177 skis. They are twin tips, so measure a little shorter (actually, just checked - tip to tip). I'm sure I could fit 180s in, but not bigger. If you put shorter skis in a long bag, then you have the problem that it sags and is awkward to pull, since the skis provide rigidity.
snow conditions
another Snowhead with one of these https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/bag-for-4-skis-3-snowboards-grey/_/R-p-156416?mc=8398284&c=GREY
had it about 6 years and its still going strong...even lent it to a couple of friends so its done plenty...
great bag great price
latest report
@J2R, I'd listen to what @mgrolf, said over me, I never actually used the bag and it was a while ago. I sold it and bought a sportube instead.
latest report
@mgrolf, helpful! The pragmatic solution would be to buy the 175cm version and then if I do end up buying longer skis, sell it on ebay and get the longer case, rather than compromise things now for something which may never happen.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy