Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any Snowheads skiing in Scotland this coming weekend?

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone heading for a slide in Scotland this weekend? where and when? It's looking too good to pass up I think. The question is where to go .. Cairngorm or Glencoe or Nevis?

Does anyone know if you can buy lift tickets in advance ... as in before you get up to the ski centre?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Latest FAX charts show strong northerly winds for Sat & Sun, so wrap up warm. wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, thats what I've heard too - should bring even more snow with it.

So .... no-one else is going, fantastic, I get the place to myself then!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Adam Holt, check the other thread in this forum and there's one in On The Piste as well. Looks like there'll be at least three of you. snowHead
latest report
 brian
brian
Adam Holt, I've promised to take the family up for a sledge/ski. Probably Glenshee, since it's closest.

If I could've shaken them off Laughing I'd be heading for Nevis. West stands a better chance of clearer weather and less wind. Plus they should have the back coire going by then. Sensational skiing.

In fact, I might have a sudden illness coming on wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
been nore snow in the east at cairngorm, the west doesnt seem to have caught the snow as much as cairngorm got.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
although the whole of Nevis Range is open and the back corries, all of Glencoe is also open....so they cant have do too bad wink

The management of the ski centres must be breathing one hugh sigh of relief...lets hope it last out this time!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tomski01, looks like it: Monday snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skanky, sorry im not an expert, does that mean cold weather coming in from NE, and is that a front coming from that direction too (do fronts normally come in from that direction?!)....does that mean cold and snow??!! snowHead snowHead snowHead

heres hoping for lots of cold weather and snow, and a marellous weekend of sun and blue skies on weekend of 5th-6th March!! wink

Hope its not too windy mind so all the snow just gets blown away! any chance of snow in Yorkshire Dales u think?!
ski holidays
 brian
brian
tomski01, yes, yes, yes and yes !!

That's a fair strength of wind, but not excessive. Glenshee does particulary well out of Easterlies, see 2001 snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
skanky, sorry im not an expert, does that mean cold weather coming in from NE, and is that a front coming from that direction too (do fronts normally come in from that direction?!)....does that mean cold and snow??!! snowHead snowHead snowHead

Yes, yes and troughs (no they don't)....if the chart's right, yes.

Quote:
Hope its not too windy mind so all the snow just gets blown away! any chance of snow in Yorkshire Dales u think?!

Windy, yes, about 25mph (gusting higher)?

Could easily get some snow in the Dales - the higher and more north east you go, the more likely....at least for the weekend and Monday. That's if that chart comes off of course, it's still five days out which is the very limit of accurate forecasting.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
brian, i went skiing in 2001 at Glenshee...marvellous, the Glas Maol buit was open, one of the best ski days ever!!! i wrote my little story about it the other day (camped in car park) in one of these threads somewhere!

im excited now, im camping in aviemore on that weekend in march...but i know which resort ill be going too if the conditions are good, even if others are closer wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
that said, a day sometime next week wouldnt go amiss if all you guys predictions are right!! snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
tomski01, you may want to revise that camping idea. Unless you're an experienced winter camper of course. snowHead
snow conditions
 brian
brian
tomski01, 2001 was the best cover I've ever seen at Glenshee and I've been going there since 1982. You could ski straight off at right angles anywhere along the ridge from Glas Maol to meet the black run underneath. Normally that's a mass of boulder sized scree !

That season was a slow starter in January as well but turned into a classic. Fingers and everything else crossed.
snow conditions
skanky, i am (years of being a poor student with a craving to get into them hilld in the winter). Plus i have a bloody good 4 season tent that requires use, and there are about 15 of us going-just seemed easier to camp with a group that size (the cheap bunkhouses are booked years in advance!!)

Plus, you cant beat the feeling of camping in the ski centre car park, waking up to a tent covered in snow and being the first people on the hill cos the snowploughs have only just got to the place by the time you are kitted up and ready to go wink

camping in cold and snow is ok (its actually quite cosy and warm once you have bedded down), camping in the rain during a wet april is no fun at all!! Having the car nearby is always a godsend.

brian, that Red Glas Maol run is wicked!
latest report
tomski01 wrote:
skanky, i am (years of being a poor student with a craving to get into them hilld in the winter). Plus i have a bloody good 4 season tent that requires use, and there are about 15 of us going-just seemed easier to camp with a group that size (the cheap bunkhouses are booked years in advance!!)

Plus, you cant beat the feeling of camping in the ski centre car park, waking up to a tent covered in snow and being the first people on the hill cos the snowploughs have only just got to the place by the time you are kitted up and ready to go wink

camping in cold and snow is ok (its actually quite cosy and warm once you have bedded down), camping in the rain during a wet april is no fun at all!! Having the car nearby is always a godsend.

I think I can agree with you there. Just thought it fair to warn you - it's looking cold and windy. There may be a bit of rain at first though.
snow report
Folks

Some cracking pics of good conditions at Cairngorm, Glenshee and, in particular, GlenCoe. Fully snow cover at Glencoe. It looks splendid.

www.winterhighland.com See if you can find the pic of a helicopter and skiers at Glencoe......

The forums are also worth perusing before committing to a trip, Will fill you in on the minutae of what is going on in the resorts that day
snow report
eeek, just read the weather forecast from metcheck.com....and if what they think will happen happens its gonna be like the next ice age for next few weeks!

dont know if im excited or scared!!! Shocked Confused snowHead Cool Crying or Very sad Very Happy Toofy Grin rolling eyes Puzzled
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tomski01 wrote:
eeek, just read the weather forecast from metcheck.com....and if what they think will happen happens its gonna be like the next ice age for next few weeks!

dont know if im excited or scared!!! Shocked Confused snowHead Cool Crying or Very sad Very Happy Toofy Grin rolling eyes Puzzled

Well that's made my day! Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy