Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

End of April - near San Francisco

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I might have to go to Silicon valley for two days at the end of April. Will there be any resorts likely to still be open then for a crafty couple of days tacked onto the trip? If not, I'll probably try and get out of it (I think it's 50/50 between me and someone else to go).
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skanky, as Wear said , go to www.epicski.com, get in touch with one of the administrators there, his name is dchan. He lives in Frisco and is an instructor too.
I am sure he'll be able to help you
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Okay, just spotted the thread that was in. Thanks for pointing it out.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Squaw in Tahoe will be open till May (www.squaw.com) - 4 hours from SF. who knows what the snow conditions will be like.

if you are willing drive to 3 more hours - Mammoth Mountain is a better option - which is normally open till June.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Many thanks for the info. Just knowing that there are possibilities is enough to make me not want to get out of it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mammoth has good skiing, a day's drive from LA or SF. It's high, with a good lift system. there's a smaller resort nearby (on the same ticket?), June Mountain. The village is a bit of a non-event. There's a good hotel on the mountain, Mammoth Mountain Inn.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Most areas will have snow, then. Check out Sugar Bowl and Kirkwood (the two highest areas in the Tahoe region, and closer than Squaw or Mammoth). Sugar Bowl is scheduled to close April 25, and it looks like Kirkwood will be open at least that long. Areas usually close due to lack of interest, not lack of snow. There will be skiing to be had, certainly!

In 3.5 years in Silly Valley I never made it to Mammoth. Just too far...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Skanky,

In regards to Mammoth from the Silicon Valley, be aware that some of the mountain passes close for the winter. Tioga Pass, Monitor Pass and Sonora Pass are the usual culprits. It might look reasonably close on the map, but those passes are not patrolled or cleared.

http://www.dot.ca.gov/

This is the link where you can check current road conditions.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hopefully off to Tahoe next weekend, apparently it's pretty warm there at the moment, so expecting spring slushy snow Confused
As mentioned by ssh, suger bowl is worth a visit as it's on the way/way back from San Francisco.
If you're heading up friday afternoon it may take you a bit longer than 3.5 to 4 hours. We did it from San Jose (slightly different longer but less congested route via Stockton (650, 550, 5, 80 maybe in that order?)) in 3.5 on a friday morning (and got half a day in at Suger Bowl on route), but friends who left in the afternoon took over 6 hours.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yeah, Friday is a bad day to make that drive! Although late in the season it should be better.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy