Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody done Tignes? How does it rate? As part of the Espace Killy pretty highly I would have thought?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Went for the first time last December and loved it. Stayed at Tignes Le Lac. At that stage of the season the slopes were really quiet and the snow gorgeous. Don't expect traditional quaint alpine charm as it's pretty well treeless and reminds me of a big snowy moonscape. Masses of ski area. Found Val d easy to get to and ski as well.

You'll have a great time. We plan to return this Dec (as it's snowsure early in the season). Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tigne itself has got NO alpinr charm. But the skiing is fantastic - the espace killy is the DBs. Go!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is some good tree skiing to be had in Tignes. Both pisted and off piste. Runs down to le Breviere at about 1500m and la Daille over the top of the Toviere sector. Should be in really good nick this time of year. Try Evolution2 in Tignes to book a guide to show you the choice stuff.
I love the place.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My favourite in Europe - for the skiing, not the village. Was there over 1/2 term - we were able to get down to Les Boisses (a hotel called the Maire(sp?) was offering free Gluwein to ski-school groups) and Breviere with no problem a couple of times (except for the sheet ice on the Saturday - apparently they'd been watering it for the French team to train on).

They've upgraded several of the lifts this year, including the one that goes up over the top and plunges down the other side - it's real fast now. And there is talk of a new funicular to replace the Fresse chair.

Of course, you can ski the same runs from Val D'Isere.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tignes and Espace Killy is my favorite ski area - masses and masses of challenging off-piste, if you know what you are doing.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tignes is pretty charmless as a resort compared to Val. But beware either for costs, and double-check you've brought your wallet if you're tempted to buy an Irish coffee in Val Claret! Madeye-Smiley (separate thread somewhere mentions this aspect of the 'top' resorts) Locally Tignes has the rep of being relatively sunny and warm compared to Les Arcs (based on what I don't know, last time I was there I'd never been so cold on a ski slope, hence the Irish coffee). But as a skiing area, it's superb. Get a guide to show you around the hidden delights if you're of that standard, otherwise you'll still have a great time, conditions permitting.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had a week in Tignes last month, first time in Espace Killy, very impressed. Stayed in Val Claret, not as visually unpleasant as I'd expected, not much going on. Some perfectly OK restaurants, I thought decent value for money.

The skiing is excellent and massive, good lift system, although when the whether comes in, the higher ones shut pretty quickly. Obviously loads of off piste; Evolution 2 in Val Claret gave us a great guide (Francois).

Worth skiing down to Les Brevieres for lunch; there's a good enough restaurant a couple of hundred yards up the road to the left from the lifts, past the church.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Try staying in the Montana in Tignes. It's a really good. The skiing there is epic, I prefer it to the skiing on the Val D side. Aiguille Percee is good and tends to be less busy. You can ski down to Boisses and Brevieres from there. Don't go if you want a pretty village, but that goes without saying really.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy