Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

March 1: Just Back from Courchevel 1850

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Snow was excellent off the Vizelle lift, very good down to the village from Chenus, Verdons and Biollay, getting a bit icy into Courchevel 1550. (Did not make it over to 1650 unfortunately.) Saturday was brilliantly sunny until 4 p.m. but also cold so no slush.
Didn't encounter a single lift line on Saturday; there were short lines on Friday and Sunday. French school vacation is now finished so the slopes should be relatively unencumbered.
All in all had a great time and am now seriously scheming to go back at the end of March after high season ends.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Excellent!!!

Were the ski runs I suggested good?

Can't wait until the 13th - well, to be honest can't wait until tomorrow, since I'll have one less day to go then!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's really good to hear!

We are off there on Thurs...can't wait!

We are going for a 4 day long weekend, taking our friends who are complete beginners for a 'taster' to see if they like it, prior to them booking a holiday with kids next year.

We want to make it a really enjoyable experience so that they will be bitten! Any recommendations for good lunch stops, apres bars, restaurants etc would be very welcome.

Also any recommendations on where to take them in the afternoons? They will be in 3 hr private lessons each morning which we hope will be the most effective way to get them started!

We are staying in the Hotel de la Croisette in 1850 and have booked Ski Academy for the lessons. Anyone any experience of either of these?

Thanks! Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sarah, Kids generally like mucking about with jumps and stuff. There is a sort of fairly basic snowpark below the big cablecar bottom station. Go up the Verdons lift. It's technically a green and has plenty of easy options down for the less experienced. There are other cruisy runs above the Altiport.
The restuarant we liked best was the Bergeries on the top end of the main "road" down from the altiport. Nice atmosphere and friendly staff. You might need to book. They do a decent spag bol for 13 Euros, which is reasonable by 1850 standards.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
masopa, did Creux, it was very long, as you said, also the Verdons/Loze runs. To be honest, was just following ESF instructor and not really paying attention to the names of pistes.

sarah, Courchevel is v. good for beginners - eg, cabin comfort up the green runs (avoiding nasty chairlift spills), long and scenic green runs (try Bellecôte, it's very easy).

Restaurant at top of Verdons lift is OK, EUR 11 for a salad. Le Tremplin at bottom of pistes is pretty good, EUR 15 for a salad, and the desserts are very good. If you go to the WC take change and tip the service girl. Her name is Perle and she's lovely. (Those were only 2 restaurants I ate at - I had board at hotel.)

Hotel de la Croisette has a great location, and houses Le Jump, which is full of English, Irish, Scottish, esp. after lifts close.

Our favorite bar/restaurant was La Mangeoire, very classy (read: unfriendly) clientele but great live music (VERY much into Barry White). The barman's antics and fruity concoctions alone make the trip worthwhile. His name is Massimo and he's a sweetheart.

For dancing we went to La Grange, up the street from La Mangeoire. Waitstaff/barmaid from hell, but the bouncer (Claude) is a gem and the coat check girl (Karen) is a doll. Better dancing to be found at Les Caves.

BTW, was first resort where I saw women braving -18°C in minis and 4" heels. Then again, it's never more than a few yards from the chauffeured Humvee to the restaurant door, and face it, sable IS warm.

All in all we loved it!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cee Bee wrote:
BTW, was first resort where I saw women braving -18°C in minis and 4" heels.

Didn't realise the Newcastle contingent had a week up in Courchevel?!?! Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Didn't realise the Newcastle contingent had a week up in Courchevel?!?!

Howay Bonny Lad, can canny on tha Geordie totty. I bet they looked lush
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Now THAT is going to confuse our American friends... Wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not a day goes by on this forum without a turn of Confusion. Think I know "totty", tho.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
<<< Howay Bonny Lad, can canny on tha Geordie totty. I bet they looked lush>>>

OK, I'll bite. What does it mean?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
<<< Howay Bonny Lad, can canny on tha Geordie totty. I bet they looked lush>>>

"I say old chap, please take it easy on the lovely ladies of Newcastle. I am sure that they were visions on loveliness"
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Is a "lush" ever used to denote a drunkard?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy