Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For the the forseeable future, I'm resigned to getting my skiing fix in the UK!

I've been following the webcams in Cairngorm and was pleased to see a few pistes open across Scotland. Can anybody give a first hand account of what it's been like up there over the past day or so?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can do. Here are pictures from CairnGorm on the 24th and 26th. Any other questions about conditions, just ask. Cool

http://www.highland-instinct.co.uk/cairngorm/winter200405/dec04/24/index.html

http://www.highland-instinct.co.uk/cairngorm/winter200405/dec04/26/index.html
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that, it look's encouraging.

Hopefully see u up there soon!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Went up yesterday 28/12/04, nothing was open except the funicular (they were charging 16squids so it was only worth skiing for season ticket holders). Much too windy for any of the tows. Skiied the Ciste fairway which was reasonable - pisted, hard and icy base with powder drifting over the top. Skined back up. Skiied the M2 a few times. Unpisted which was a shame. Was broken in 2-3 places but only for a very short distance. Surprised they hadn't pisted out the drifts as it would probably have patched most of the breaks and made a good base for further snow falls or drifts. Snow ran out at the kink in the daylodge tow. Walked down the daylodge and caught the funicular back up. Skiied the traverse and 105 once. Top of the traverse was a bit thin, rest was OK as was the 105. Where the 105 joins the Cas was very thin. Top leg of the zig zags was thin but Ok rest was broken. Had to walk down from there.

Was snowing quite heavily when i left, but has now warmed up. 0600 this morning -4C 0900 0C. Mild air is pushing in from the west.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dave Horsley, thanks for the report , I'll be in Scotland this weekend. Should I take my touring gear?.... do I feel lucky Puzzled
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kit Wong, Its looking promising at the moment with colder weather and the chance of some decent snow for the weekend so I would take the touring gear.

Stephen.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A rather sweaty 13 degrees in Northern Ireland right now.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Mild air is pushing in from the west.
At about 100mph Shocked
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

so I would take the touring gear.

Stephen Sadler, I took my skis to Cairngorms 2nd Jan. There was no uplift due to strong winds but there was sufficient snow on the ground for us to skin up from the base of the Funicular up the Cas, which offered nice skiing particularly where the fences had trapped deep drifted snow. There were spectacular views (glimpses) of Loch Morlich from the top of the Cas, but it was generally whiteout conditions. The weather was mild on the 3rd and most of the new snow had melted, so we strapped skis to our pack and hiked up in boots. We climbed the Cas headwall to have a peek over the otherside down Coire Raibeirt, where we thought the good snow was lying, but the wind was getting big on us(
Quote:

At about 100mph
, not far off, Frosty the Snowman, )
and knocking us over, plus I could smell cheese toasties wafting over from the Ptarmigan restaurant, so we turned back near the top. The Cas was still in fairly good shape but a bit heavy.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Was up CairnGorm today, but never got beyond the Ciste and Cas carparks due to high winds preventing snowsports. The Funicular remained operating for non-snowsports customers.

Some pictures from CairnGorm today here. May not look too impressive, but some quite sizeable drifts are beginning to take shape. Just hope that the thaw overnight tonight doesn't cause too much damage.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
highlander, a friend of mine said the snow depth was quite good at Glencoe last Sunday(9th)- well packed snow at the top becoming wetter lower down. He skied the Spring Run, which was pretty much complete, and apparently, 1000ft vertical could have been skied.
It's a bit freeze-thaw, rain, big winds at the moment. When the snow falls next time, maybe they can get a big tarp on it to keep the rain off and stop it from blowing away?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Interesting, I knew they had alot of drifting in the gullies, but never knew anything was do-able. Thanks for that.

Unfortunately mild weather last night now means that the runs at Glencoe are now incomplete (but large patches), and they await more snow to bridge the gaps.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy