Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere

Poster: A snowHead
Fabulous condtions for anyone coming out in the next week or so, snow finally arrived last Thurs and we must have had about 1 metre by the time it stopped on Sunday evening. So we've gone from no snow to much too quickly. The pisteurs are gradually opening up more pistes but at the moment its 5 on the avalanche warning scale. The link to Italy is not yet open but it doesn't matter, the snow here is some of the best I've ever skied. More snow is forecast for Weds/Thurs, so more digging out to come. THe weather has now got very cold, -5 at the moment.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 5-01-05 11:42; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David@traxvax, that's wondeful news. Must remember to pack snow chains at the top of the boot rather than the bottom!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice one David. That's something of a relief! Is it a lack of snow preventing the link opening?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good timing David, was thinking of going over to Italy tomorrow, will put trip on hold....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David@traxvax,

Come on David, as I now booked with you, what about some pics and how about a webcam on the chalet ! Very Happy Very Happy rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
David@traxvax, Good to hear you're doing so well. I do like La Rosiere (but not as much as LDA of course!)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pics would be great, especially of the new lifts working. Are they making a huge difference??
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The forecast on the SC website is predicting another 44cm on Boxing Day! Waahooooooo Cool snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snow now predicted for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and the San Bernardino link is open to skiers.... Cool Cool Cool snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you want to see pics of La Rosiere with sun and snow, you can look here:
http://www.jeremy-henderson.co.uk/PHOTOS/04LaRosiere/index.html

We had a fantastic week - snowed the day we arrived, then 6 days of sunshine! Thanks to David and the crew - it wasn't so much like a "holiday business" - more like visiting some friends that just happen to have a lovely chalet in a great ski location, and spoil you rotten!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jezzah, some fantastic shots of cloud inversions, Thanks for posting them up. Good work !!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
David@traxvax,

Do you know what the deal is with helicopters? We are staying in La Plagne but may consider a lift onto the Italian side which I believe can be organised from France. Any pointers would be good.

We will be there 18th Jan... Thanks
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
JT, contact any of the ski schools in La Rosiere for a guide, price depends on number of uplifts, number in group etc. If you go to our website www.tracksvacations.com you'll find links to all the ski schools, prices about the same for all of them and no particularly recommendations. Heli skiing usually starts 2nd week in Jan, allow enough time to get over from la Plagne, about an hour depending on which area of La Plagne you're staying in. You can be at the heli site (San Bernardo) in about 30 mins from La Rosiere but the area was not open as of yesterday. I'll post an update as I get it.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David@traxvax,

Thanks, David@traxvax, You will see this posted again in another thread, please ignore and apologies. My excuse is that I am used a different PC and it does not get the auto replies to the e-mail address....
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
JT, Mike Bennett runs Helimountains just across in Les Arcs from you...
latest report
Just back from La Ros. It snowed fairly heavily just after we arrived which set things up well for the remainer of the week, which was mostly sunny. Some great powder, then some excellent piste conditions. One or two bare patches due to the sun and heavy skiing by the end of the week, which were more reminiscent of spring scenes, but still some excellent sliding opportunities. Each day the snow was vastly different, providing a good variety of skiing. Hope they get another good dump in the next few days or so.

The link to Italy was open, but about 70% of the runs there were closed (as alluded to by David). Good job La Ros was in such good nick!

Took part in the local GS, but crashed out halfway through Evil or Very Mad The upshot was that I took a lesson from Evo2 which was excellent. Anyone looking for lessons out there could do far worse than ask for Marie! A superb instructor, who communicated clearly, with good humour.

Met up briefly with David and one of his guests and shared a couple of beers at the Roc Noir - good to see you again, David - did you get down to Seez?
snow report
Ditto Marie - she taught my daughter the last couple of years and is fab. How were the new lifts??
latest report
Mark, last Thurs just after the dump Weds night, we skied Ecudets (Black) down to Seez, it was great unpisted and knee deep powder, just had to go and do it again immediately. Thank goodness for the long, slow chairlift back.
snow report
helenjane, new lifts were a huge improvement. Bearing in mind the busy nature of the time of year, we queued only once, and that was towards the end of the day with everyone heading back from Eucherts.

David, sounds great fun, think it would have been a bit much for me though. Had fun in the steep and deep of Chevreuil, just off Roc Noir on Thursday.
snow report
PG,

Thanks for this, I have e-mailed them.
Have you used them..?
snow report
Mark Hunter, and David@traxvax, have just seen new piste map and the long run home down choucas seems to have been curtailed! For those of us used to staying on the piste, do you really have to go down to Les eucherts to come up again, or have you lot flatened a path across ready for me??!!
snow report
helenjane, no, choucas is still there and still just as long. You'll find the Red piste, belette, is a terrific link from the top of Roches Noire right down to the Fort telesiege.
snow report
Thanks David, will have to close my eyes and go for belette! Still don't remember it being as steep off the top as the two down from the Fort ( wimp, i know!)
ski holidays
No it's not, just a nice wide Red with some nice rollers, where you can set your edges and carve all the way down. Wish I was there now.
latest report
Got three weeks to go and counting!!!
snow report
JT,
To get a feel for the prices of heli skiing at La Ros / La Thuile, have a look at this page http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/amountainchalet/Heli_skiing.htm
latest report
My daughter has just picked up the local meteo forecast, they're predicting rain down in Seez tomorrow, Seez is down in the valley above Bourg St Maurice at about 1,000 metres, so with any luck there'll be snow in La Rosiere, although it's La Thuile where it's most needed at the moment.
snow report
That's good news. When we left after skiing on 27th Dec La Thuile was excellent with fresh snow and sun and almost everything open in the valley furthest from La Rosiere, but La Rosiere itself was very bare, windy and cold after 3 days in the cloud and wind, somehow missing out on the snow.

The link to Italy opened on the 22nd. On the 21st the link was opened from France to the border, but the Italian side wasn't opened till late the next morning. We inspected on 22nd then went over for the first time on the 23rd (and again on 24th, 26th and 27th). Unfortunately the only way back was the windy 2 man chair (Bell something). The first valley in Italy was windswept and bare, like a desert, but crossing that to the next valley was an unbelievable difference, perfect, just like La Ros on 20th and 21st.

The kids really loved the Marmottes run in La Ros, particularly the bottom half to the Petit Bois lift, also the black down to the bottom at Seez, that is a piste with tree skiing with a difference, little foot high trees growing all over the piste, but a pity about the uphill walk part way down though, just past the bottom of the tow. There's also a kids play area in the trees above, alongside and below the Foret green that they loved. Plenty of jumps and routes in and out of the trees.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ditto that about the Marmottes run. On one day last week, from top to bottom, the run had nearly everything - deep, choppped, moguls, hard-pack, groomed, slush etc! Terrific fun!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy