Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mid Dec Trip Advice Appreciated

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone.... just registered on this great site and i'm already asking questions..... sorry about the long post

4 of us have flights booked for a short break to GVA 15th to 19th December & Leaving our final destination to the last minute(hiring a car)

We are all low intermediates so challenging pistes are not neccessary
Nightlife not a priority just a bar will do (I'm guessing it will still be quiet
this side of Xmas anyway?) Just keen on snow, shortish transfer and cheapish accommodation

I am looking at Avoriaz, Flaine or Courmayeur (Cervinia is my fall back if
things are looking 'bleak')

My question is... how much snow or lack of it actually is 'Bleak' i.e whats
the minimum depth I should be looking at before going further afield
to a higher resort

(sorry if this question seems dumb but don't have any experience of early

season snow and how much is needed to cover rocks etc )

Second question is on Catered Chalets......... Does anyone know if you
leave things till the death are private chalets up for doing a deal to fill
any experience of last minute haggling tips would be appreciated

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You should be able to leave it until the moment before to see where the snow is. Also you'll always be able to find space as well.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome Speedyk

For Catered chalet deals just click snowbase/snowShops. I think Snowhead David@Traxvax (La Rosiere/La Thuile) still have space for Dec period you want. His price apparently may even include pick up services from the Geneva airport.

Tarentaise seems to have a plenty of snowhead supports at the moment. Not so sure Porte Du Soleil, Flaine or Couymeyeour.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wink i just happen to be there at that time Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dan, Don't rub it in!!

SpeedyK, Flaine is high and should be reliable, that said the mountains are pretty rocky/stony so if snow cover is sparse you might want to go somewhere else. Also it's an open bowl so if weather is bad it can be very unpleasant (I speak from experience!)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Speedyk, welcome to snowheads and thank you saikee for the plug on my behalf. Yes, we do have space for that week and there are a few other snowheads in the chalet. Have a look on snowShops or go to www.tracksvacations.com for details. You can pm me and I'll give you more information. At moment snow cover looks quite reasonable with more forecast for this weekend, so it's fingers crossed for a good start to the season.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy