Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

saas fee - translation required please!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi .... planning to go somewhere first weekend of December. As France looks at bit iffy at the mo (and the Tignes cable car is a bit sick!) thought we might try Saas Fee. Never been there so emailed the tourist office to try to find out how much of the ski area might be open and they said this...
" I think, at the begining of December they will shurely open all slopes till Maste 4."
Can anyone translate?! Thanks
or.. anyone got a better idea based on current snow conditions..??
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jayne, can't tell you about Mast 4 - could be an intermediary platform on the lift up to the glacier funicular from memory, so they're saying that the snow level should be below the glacier by then.

If it isn't, the Saas Fee glacier has a good pitch with some worthwhile runs.

And Saas Fee is a lovely place to be.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Maste 4 is the mid station on the Alpine Express lift, at 2550m. I presume the translation means they'll open all lifts above the mid station. Saas Fee is spectacular (lots of dramatic glacier views), and the village is charming (still has working cow sheds in the middle of the village) but the skiing is a bit limited. As an alternative recommendation, how about Ischgl - ski area opens end November, and web cam already showing lots of snow
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Maste 4 can be seen, almost right at the centre on this map.

http://www.snow-forecast.com/pistemaps/Saas-Fee_pistemap.shtml

Oops, beaten to it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snowheads - your are wonderful - thanks - Ray - thanks for the map - I couldnt find Maste 4 on the map on the Saas fee website - but this one shows it clearly.
Will also investigate Ischgl... does it tend to have more terrain open early Dec than Saas Fee? Also - any idea which is easier to drive to??
xx
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Haven't been to Ischgl that early in the season, but it's a much bigger area than Saas Fee (c.45 lifts versus 15), so even if it's a smaller % that's open, I would guess you are going to get a bigger absolute area. Also, Ischgl makes a big deal of marketing itself as a 5 month season resort (big pop concert at the end of this month with the Coors to celebrate the start of the season), so they are hardly likely to go to all that effort then only open a token number of lifts.

From a driving standpoint, there's not much to choose - ViaMichelin say Ischgl takes 40 minutes longer than Saas Fee if driving from Calais
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks again...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was in Ischgl for the opening weekend last year and there was over 100km open (out of 200km). This was a last minute variation for us as we had assumed that we would go somewhere nearer Zurich, but the Swiss resorts all had very little open. I would thoroughly recommend it.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks - Ray/Julian - if we went for Ischgl - do you have any recommendations of hotels that would take us for a few days? thanks.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Goldener Adler: Stayed there last year for the first time, and have booked again for this. It's the only place in Ischgl in the new Alistair Sawday "Special Places to Stay in the Mountains" (see Alistair Sawday website). It's the oldest hotel in the town, but has been tastefully modernised, mixing minimalist design with the original features. Very smart "wellness centre" - sauna, etc.. Central, right by the church, well positioned for gondolas and runs home. Excellent food - 5 courses every night. Friendly and personable - not too large - only c.40 rooms.

In high season most places don't want to know if you want less than a week, but I would guess that at this short notice for low season they would let you book for just a few days.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
julian - thanks - have emailed and they have availability.
Have offered a room with "Whrilwanne." - what on earth is that !!!!!
thanks... will do separate post in case you dont read this.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jayne: We had the same question - one of the rooms we've got has this feature. I think it's a spa bath/jacuzzi
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy