Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aravis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody had any experience visiting the Aravis - La Clusaz & Le Grand Bornand in the northern French Alps?

I've never heard of it but am looking at going on a "business trip" there in January as there is a fairly decent weekend/short stay ski package I have seen.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I day-tripped to La Clusaz from Geneva so I cant speak for the night-life. I enjoyed the skiing and it would be fine for a weekend.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've skied a couple of weekends in La Clusaz and was quite impressed (both trips were in January I think). It's not a massive resort but it's got some good skiing and I'd definitely go again.

The nightlife was relatively quite but there were some decent bars and some good restaurants. Overall I'd say it was an ideal location for a long weekend.

I've not been to Le Grand Bornand but my sister worked a season there and she liked it. It's smaller and quieter than La Clusaz I think.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, La Clusaz is worth a ski. It's low and, in common with places like Megeve, can suffer snow problems. But there's a higher area called La Balme where they used to hold the Flying Kilometre speed skiing championships. Obviously there are some steeper slopes up there.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
La Balme is excellent, some great long reds and plenty of off piste too. Spent a long weekend at Aravis in March and didn't get at all bored with the area.
The lower runs down to La Clusz were a bit icy/slushy and busy, but above 1600m or so the snow was excellent. Runs over at Le Grand Bornand again were in good condition, some long motorway runs and although the run back to the bottom was closed the rest of the area was in tip top condition.

La Clusaz itself is a nice little place with, as others have said, nice restaurants, bars etc. Le Grand Bornand much quieter.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I stayed in the area but in the Summer so I dont know what the skiing is like. It is an easy drive in good weather from Geneva and both La Clusaz and Le Grand B were nice places, but I can imagine on the quiet side. Having said that the restaurants were pretty good. Not sure if you can drive to Annecy in the winter very easily but if you can it was a very nice place to spend a day.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy