Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Comfortable hotels in Chamonix?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking for a good family run hotel in Chamonix, doesn't have to be posh, but need comfortable, quiet (no french plumbing noises!) rooms and good communal sitting rooms. Preferrably friendly atmosphere so that a non-skier could feel at home pottering around there during the day whilst others of the party were skiing! Thanks in advance for your help, Miranda
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Miranda, it's a long time since I stayed in a Chamonix hotel, but this page from Ski Solutions might provide some useful initial help.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
La Sapiniere was OK both times I stayed there.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Miranda, I stayed at le Richemond about 4 years ago it is traditional french family hotel within easy walking distance of the center of Chamonix. I did not notice any plumbing noises during my stay. If I was taking my wife (who is a non skier) I would stay at La Morgane, which is next to the river, again within easy walking distance of the center (and the Richemond),
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try www.logis-de-france.fr. Not tried any of Chaminx hotels, but always good everywhere else I've stayed/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all! Info is for my parents (mother is non-skier) when they come out to visit me when I spend the season in Cham next winter! Can't wait....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Miranda,

I've stayed in Hotel l'Arve a couple of times and think it it will suit your requirements perfectly.
Family run, Quiet but right in the centre tucked away by the river.
Clean and no continetal plumbing noises
Friendly with a big log fire in the communal sitting room
Contact info below

Isabelle Didillon
Hotel de l'Arve **-60, Impasse des anémones- 74400 CHAMONIX-FRANCE
Tel 00 33 (0) 4 50 53 02 31 Fax: 00 33 (0) 4 50 53 56 92
http://www.hotelarve-chamonix.com
contact@hotelarve-chamonix.com
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I normally stay in the Hotel la Savoyarde which is probably as close as you get to the slopes in Cham.

http://www.lasavoyarde.com/intro-uk.htm

Not really sure what is meant by 'continental plumbing noises', generally French plumbing is much better than UK where what passes for a shower is usually a rust coloured trickle.

I wonder how many English homes have a dead rat or pigeon rotting down in their cold water tank?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Don't know, but I had to fish (sic) a dead squirrel out of our water tank once. The water in the bathroom had developed a peculiar aroma...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks all! fantastic response as ever.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy