Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations for resorts "near" Los Angeles?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm going to be in L.A. for a couple of weeks in late March for work. Don't think I have enough holiday to tack on a ski-ing hol, but quite fancy trying to get to a ski-ing resort for the weekend I'm there. Could anyone recommend any resorts within a reasonable driving distance from L.A. with good ski-ing, good snow and, ideally, ski hosting of some (sort so that I have someone to go out to play with!)... (I don't ask much do I?)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mammoth Mountain is in south / central California. Lake Tahoe s athree or four hours from San Francisco so that's a bit far.

try http://skimaps.com/page.php?cid=skimaps&category=39]skimaps
or skicentral

about.com has some info that may be useful
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks nbt!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
linda,
Log on to epicski.com do a search for a user called ryan, and send him a private message. he lives in LA, and I'm sure he'd ski a weekend with you. I was skiing with him in Jackson Hole a couple of weeks back.
Tell him you know me.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Linda,

How about the Big Bear area? There are two resorts about 2 1/2 hours from LA. Snow should be excellent as there has been a fair amount of rain here in LA lately.

Check out http://www.bigbearmountainresorts.com/

It's possible to leave LA around 6:30am and ski all day and be back in town for dinner in the evening. Or you can stay up there overnight and make a ski weekend out of it.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
big bear is really small.

If you want to ski a big mountain - I would go to Mammoth Mountain - 7 hour drive from LA.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes mrpow, you're right. Big Bear is only a fraction of what Mammoth Mountain is. Big Bear is worth mentioning though because it is a third of the distance, and is still good skiing. Linda wrote above that Shock she only has a weekend, and some individuals may not want to make that drive for what amounts to 1 1/2 days of skiing.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mammoth has good skiing, a day's drive from LA. It's high, with a good lift system. there's a smaller resort nearby (on the same ticket?), June Mountain. The village is a bit of a non-event. There's a good hotel on the mountain, Mammoth Mountain Inn.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy