Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
having agreed to take little sister on a ski trip, it now seems that Big bruv +2 mates want to go and little sister doesnt, so we're looking a Tignes ( Wot Tig- ness?- according to bruv)
Main reasons for are: Near by-ish to the snow train as bruv wont fly
Some Apres SKi going on
Good snow record as were going in January

Anyone any ideas on any nice apartments? Need to go self catering as boys only eat chips and pot noodles!? ( yeah I cant wait either Shocked )

And snowboarding lessons- as much as id love to try and teach them, im not good enough and dont have any patience what so ever! Theyve never been but I guarantee that they think it'll be easy- as they Skateboard

And how do I get from BSM to Tignes? is there a coach? get a taxi? help me out please and thou shalt be rewarded NehNeh
So any tips anyone?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nadenoodlee, Tignes is a bit quiet at night, you'd be better in Val d'Isere.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nadnoodlee, there's a shuttle bus from BSM, always plenty of taxi's at BSM station, taxis not cheap though. The fare up to la Rosiere for my wife, daughter and her boyfriend last week was 40Euros, Tignes is further away than La Rosiere.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nooooo way am I taking them to Val D'isere Wear The Fox Hat, id be spending half the time in hospital with them getting their stomachs pumped or dragging them out of some slappers bed! Tignes is just the right level!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nadenoodlee, You'll probably find the cheapest apartments at La Lavachet, but it's pretty dull on the apres ski side of things! Mind you, there's a reliable bus that links all the resorts and runs 24hrs so if you don't mind a quick trip on night bus it won't matter where you're based.

We has ski instruction from Evolution2 last time we were there and were very impressed....don't know about boarding lessons but I'd assume they do them too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nade,
I shall be in Tignes over new year and the group I'm with stay at Chalet Planton have been before and say it's excellent.
Very close to Palafour lift and centre of Le Lac
Worth a look
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I wouldn't exactly describe Tignes as having no night life. What about Blue Girl, Yeti, Harry's, Alpaka, Loop? Don't they count?!

Personally I'd go for Val Claret as I'm all for being by the main lifts, but I don't mind getting the bus between down to le Lac at night.

As for buses from BSM to Tignes, they are run by Autocars Martin - you can check the bus times at http://www.autocars-martin.com/index_US.htm - they go very regularly.

Top tip is to book your return to BSM well in advance otherwise you'll end up hitching as the bus fills up pretty quickly!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think they are right about picking up snowboarding btw.
They'll do it dead quick if they are skateboarders.
(extrapolated from the statistics of one friend who picked it up v quickly
cos of a skateboarding history).

So my tip is to teach them for the first morning - you wont be laughing at them for much longer than that!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nadenoodlee, you could try The Alpaka in Le Lac. The place has a lively bar, is run by an English lady, the food is pretty good on the whole if you decide on half board, the rooms are OK - just avoid the lower ground floor, and the place is about 400m from all the main lifts.

Taxis up to Tignes are about 70+ Euros, so the bus is the best bet and they leave from right outside the station. I think it takes about an hour or so.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nade, get in touch nearer the time, if it coincides with a Saturday when a day's skiing at Tignes is a possibility, I could give you a lift up (think the train arrives pretty early?)....
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
07.15 I seem to recollect, so an early start for you there PG, Wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Perfect, breakfast with Nade, and a day on the slopes, what could be better Cool
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ummm, if they are beginners I wouldn't take them to Tignes. That said I learned to board there, but there isn't a hell of a lot of terrain there that could be described as easy. Were I to learn again I'd go to 3V. Plenty of beginners terrain and plenty for intermediates and experts to do as well. Go to VT and it'll be snowsure as well.

Anyway I'd stay in Val Claret if you can. If you stay in Le Lac there is only a black down from the Toviere side. Nightlife is better in Val Claret as well.

That said I re-introduced myself to skiing, then learnt to board in Tignes. All the while I stayed in Le Lac and had a great time, so you could just ignore everything I've just said and you'll still have a great time. snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tigness, fantastic place, lots to do...........I'd agree that it's not quiet but for the best late night chippy you can't beat that place in Val in the bottom end of the village. Obviously it's a huge linked area with Val D'Isere etc.

As it's such a huge area, going in Jan, and 4 of you may be able to grab a late deal with Iglu etc. I had a look the other day and there were already some very good deals during Jan.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PG, SOunds fab! Looks like Tig'ness is definately the preffered choice. Id take them to Andorra but they wont fly, im not driving that far and to be honest they wouldnt manage much boarding!

We've got iglu on the case for a deal, but as they take like hours to get back to you im looking at renting an apartment and arranging the snow train seperately.

Think we;ll try and get in Val Claret- seems to be where most of the apartments are anyway.

Lager, not fussed about beginner facilties really (its all about me!) As soon as they can stand up turn and stop then they can come with me ( with any luck the fact that they can skateboard should speed things up)
Razz
latest report
If you are party animals then the best clubs are in Val Claret. You can walk back to the other areas but I have done this at 5 am, no buses, no taxis, -18c, force 8 wind, heavy snow, gloves and lightweight jacket on top of party gear. It took us about an hour and was NOT pleasant.

I was in a group of 6 one of which was the wife. I pulled 3 times in one club without trying. Ramon, Ahmed, and Pierre were their names. Shaved the tash off next morning. We had a great time, althought the drinks were a bit on the heavy side. £30 for 6 tequilla beers ( a first and last )
snow conditions
Nadenoodlee, "fab"? Are you taking the p Wink or has this word come full circle since my heyday
snow report
Thunderbirds are back - might have something to do with it. FAB 1
ski holidays
PG, Fab is just what we say- its quicker than typing "

yespg thanksverymuchishalllookforwardtoskiingwithyouinthenearfuture"

see!
Frosty the Snowman, I dont think I shall be allowed to pull, my brothers 6'4'' gym freak who is very protective of his little (5'8'')sister !! Thus I shall become a skiing Nun!
snow report
Nadenoodlee, You would be fine. Its your brother who would need to look out. Im 6' 4" and gyms make me come out in a rash but still got hit on by these blokes. Id never been chatted up by another bloke before, but I found it strangley reassuring!.. I At 3 in the morning they handed out "bin-liners". brought out a giant van and covered everyone in water & foam. Amazing what fun it was ... until the walk home
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy