Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Sorry to have been off air for so long people, but moving house is a bit time consuming! Ditto decorating and DIY-ing.

Conditions here are super at the moment, with last Friday pretty much as per PG's explanation about Tignes. We were putting tracks down in untraccked snow at 12.30 on Friday while all the idiot Italians were still racing down their slaloms. No sense with good new snow to ski in. I would say around 10 - 15cms.

Still good today and staying chilly which is excellent. The locals think it might snow again in the next couple of days.

By the way: full day lift pass here with insurance is €32, and €29.50 without insurance. From 09.30 it goes down to €24 without and at 10.00 €22.50 without.

We aim to please!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wow - easiski, sounds tempting. I've skied many a time in L2A but never in summer - how far down can you ski? I'm guessing perhaps from the top of the 6-man chair, bottom of the funicular?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
easiski, sounds great, can't wait for end of the month. I've e-mailed you about the trip.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Went up yesterday. Cold, misty and snowy, but the condititions were brilliant. There was no detioration in the snow condition when the lifts stopped. You can continue to ski by the funicular after the main T bars stop at 13.00, but I'd done 3 hours work and was freezing!
Just about to go up today, and it looks pretty much the same. Will post later.
At the moment we can ski down to the bottom of the Signal piste, the little red bit from the top of the Signal chair to the bottom of the Roche Mantel chair is in good conditon, and it's also possible to ski the road which takes you from the top of the Signal chair to the funicular. During the first week of the season we could ski down to 2,600.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's more skiing than I thought! This summer I had a trip to Las Lenas planned but it's fallen through so looking to take a week somewhere closer at the start of Sept. Helen, do you know when the summer season ends? I have skied L2A late October and it's only just reopened (for the Snowboard Mondiale) but I'm not too sure for how long it's closed. Thanks.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tough crowd, The 2 Alpes glacier closes Saturday 28th August, until the Mondial Snowboard & Ski.....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tignes on the other hand closes a little later, the last day is Sunday 5th September (it reopens on the 2nd of October)....
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
PG, thanks for the info. Will have to open negotiations with boss for earlier hols!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Conditions today (13th July) were pretty good. It was a bit misty from time to time, but warmer than yesterday. The snow softened up around midday, but was not unskiable (although a bit heavy at the bottom of Signal at 12.30). We saw the sun and really, anyone who complained today needs their head examining!
Forecast is for a bit warmer and sunnier tomorrow, but it's still basicaly overcast all around.
The Mondials (ski and snowboard), will be over the last weekend of October and the first weekend of November and take in the week in between. Last year we could ski to 2600 during the Mondial and on the last weekend it snowed so much I skied back to my apartment! This isn't normal however!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
easiski, Not like that here at all, bucketed it down on and off most of the morning, it was so cold at one point I thought it would snow down in Bourg St Maurice...... 'fraid I chickened out of a trip up to Tignes today!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good for the summer skiing though!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Conditions have stayed pretty good for the latter part of this week. It's been warmer and sunnier, so the snow has got soft mid-morning, but at least I'm not freezing to death as I was on Monday. On Tuesday I got my winter anorack out!
However there's still plenty of good snow everywhere on the glacier, and even at 13.00 firm snow can be found if you know where to look for it.
Le Tour passes close to here (Alpe d'Huez) on Wednesday, which means that no-one will be able to move for at least 2 days, so if you're thinking of coming wait until Thursday! snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Right - this is a second go at posting this - I tried a few days ago, but the system crashed Sad
We still have excellent conditions on the glacier. The Roche Mantel and Signal pistes are now closed (and the Dome since it relies on the Roche Mantel chair to get back), but the rest of the glacier is open and in remarkable condition. It's been hard in the morning, and the snow has been holding up well until around 12.30 or so. Today (in the company of the Beaumont family) I skied until nearly 14.00 and although pretty slow around then, it was still very skiable.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Making me jealous - we have nasty hot sticky summery stuff over here Crying or Very sad
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Alan Craggs, At least you like it when it rains! Wink
ski holidays
Went up today after the rain of last week to find a huge visual difference in the glacier. On the approach it looked really grim - grey from side to side. Actually the snow at the top was fine, and although very thick by 14.00 was still perfectly skiable. It's rained again this afternoon and forecast for tomorrow.

At the moment, however, although not great it's about average for mid-August with only very small crevasses peeping out. It looks as though we're good through to 28th when we close. Very Happy

More to come on Thursday.
latest report
Right - I was up today and it still isn't too bad considering it rained all night on Tuesday. It's looking very grey, but still more than skiable. There are definitely more crevasses open than on Tuesday, but they're mostly quite small cracks and can be easily skied over (not along, natch).

I think we should be OK to last the end of the season, and the snow is about average for this time of year. This week is busy, and I expect next week will be as well - mega Paris hols! After next week we expect a very quiet resort until the closure on 28th.

I'll post again next time I'm up. snowHead snowHead
snow report
It snowed yesterday! It wasn't enough to bring it all back to June conditions, but every little helps. Conditions are OK for the middle of August, but high winds and thunderstorms are somewhat curtailing our fun at the moment.

We'll certainly carry on until the end of next week as planned, and the glacier will still be in better condition than at the beginning of August last year.

Roll on Mondial! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Conditions yesterday were OK but not great. It was very heavy slush by 14.00 when I skied down, but excellent conditions for beginners at 3400m. The crevasses are starting to open up, but today it's been colder and I think it snowed a bit up top (rain here in the town). There's till a week to go folks. snowHead
snow conditions
We're closed from tomorrow until 23rd October. The weather has been fresher the last couple of days, very cold at night and a bit of snow last Thursday (after lots of rain). If it stays cold we could have excellent conditions for the Mondials week. Keep fingers crossed. I will post again when I get back here for that. snowHead snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy