Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Complete beginner family Montgenevre. February half term or Easter holidays?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone.

We are planning our first ski holiday in Montgenevre. We are a family of 2 adults and 3 children (12,10, 7). We would be having group lessons with a ski school every morning (adults and children). Would you recommend February half term or the first week of Easter holidays (w/c 6th of April)? We would stay at catered chalet in February and would go by train from UK. Easter holidays would be easier as we could fly and would have an options of catered chalet or Napoleon self catering? The cost is lower during Easter but I am worried about the snow.

Any recommendations/advice welcome. Thank you!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Easter. Half term holidays are very busy in French ski resorts.
You'll just have to cross your fingers over the snow - no one can predict what it will be like at any point in the season.
Out of interest, what route would you take if going by train?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
With Easter being so late in 2025 I doubt if Montgenevre will be open.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kenzie wrote:
You'll just have to cross your fingers over the snow - no one can predict what it will be like at any point in the season.

Thank you for your advice. It would be good to avoid the busiest time in French Ski Resorts. Unfortunately we can only go during uk school holidays. The train route was mentioned somewhere in this forum. St Pancreas International-Gare Du Nord-Underground to Gor Du Leon. Gor Du Leon -Oulx.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
johnE wrote:

We would go from the 5th to 12th of April 2025 which is the first week of our school Easter holidays. So it will be before Easter which I think is on the 20th next year. Do you think it is late to ski in Montgenevre?
I think the links to Italy and Chalvet side will be closed but I don't know how important it is for us as beginners?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
johnE wrote:

It was open until 20th April this season so OP should be fine given their dates.

As others have said it's always a punt at that time of the year but as a regular "Easter" goer I wouldn't sweat it as a beginner doing lessons. And it's much preferable from many other aspects.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Northernsun wrote:
Kenzie wrote:

Thank you for your advice. It would be good to avoid the busiest time in French Ski Resorts. Unfortunately we can only go during uk school holidays. The train route was mentioned somewhere in this forum. St Pancreas International-Gare Du Nord-Underground to Gor Du Leon. Gor Du Leon -Oulx.

That would be a lot of changes by train with your luggage & 3 kids. Backs up Easter & flying as the better option.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy