Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski with rocker

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A friend is raving about his black diamond helios 95 in soft snow offpiste & saying I should get some rockered skis.
A few stats - ski 6-8weeks a season 95% ski touring ( Europe/Norway/scotland)
Weight 70kg/188cm tall/66 years young lol but pretty fit/skiied for 16 years.
Currently have Atomic backland 88 UL s for big days/scotland & Old whitedot rangers 108 underfoot for deep snow days.
Thinking about :
Helios 95 or 102
DPS Pagoda tur 100 ( expensive I know but end season offers make it a bit more palatable)
Elan ripsticks 96/102?
How are these on hardpack/crud or are they really only for powder.
ANy advice greatly appreciated.
Oh would probably mount ATK 12 raider bindings
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@spidermac3, I’m a DPS fan and just got the Pagoda Tour 100’s for the missus. Have the 112 Tours myself and they are excellent. They are not designed for bulletproof conditions but are perfectly capable unless you are doing Mach speeds. And in anything soft they are fantastic and so easy to ski. Get the new Evo version of the Raider if you can - the brake engage/release system is much improved!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@spidermac3, pretty sure both your skis have at least tip rocker! But the DPS (102) would split the middle ground between them quite nicely wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy