Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites, Val Gardena , Selva, Arya Alpine Lodge

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dolomites is one of the best places to ski in the world, with unimaginable beauty that will leave you in awe. It is composed of 4 connected resorts: Val Gardena, Alta Badia, Arraba & Val di Fassa. Personally, Val Gardena is the top choice for places to stay in, with transfer time of only 1hr30mins from Innsbruck by private taxi, IMO the best runs (especially the Legendary Cool, & most popular.

Arya Alpine Lodge is a Ski-in Ski-Out B&B in the centre of Selva. It is owned & managed by the most hospitable hosts Bruno & Tania. A very good base to set out from; with close access to many different runs. Only a single car width road separates the B&B from the slopes, and a few more steps will allow you to get on the drag lift & make your way to the Ciampoi gondola. In the opposite direction is the Costabella gondola to start your journey on the Sella Ronda circuits.

Nearby, there are many ski rentals, schools, supermarket, pizzerias, restaurants, & bars for apres ski. With the free bus tickets, you can travel further around Val Gardena, such as Santa Cristina or Ortisei.

There is a selection of rooms to choose from, but each will have comfy beds, central heating/air conditioning, hot showers & a kettle with teas & coffee. Each day, your rooms will be made-up: bedding refreshed, new towels swapped if necessary, & room cleaned.

In the morning there is a wide spread of fruits, yogurts, pastries, desserts, cold cuts, cheese, bread & cereal for you to energize yourself for a full day of skiing. In addition, you can choose to have fried egg, scrambled egg or soft boiled eggs.

The establishment has a secure & warm ski room + ski lockers for each room; each with boot dryers & space to leave helmet/slippers/shoes.

The hosts Tania & Bruno are amazing; without a doubt the best part of this trip. They are extremely nice, friendly & welcoming once you set foot through the door, and throughout your stay they are more than happy giving advice & recommendations to make the most out of your ski trip.

As many know, the Dolomites are incredibly beautiful with nice long runs. There is a great variety of Blues, Reds & Blacks so you would never get bored. The Refugios are nice rest stops to take a break, have a drink & eat some delicious Italian, Austrian & Tyrolean food.

Even if you have Blue Bird all week, the snow making facilities will ensure that the pistes remain covered.

Literally, the only fault with this trip is that certain directions for slopes are not really clear, especially since the map only labels the lifts. Instead use Bruno's self-created website https://www.dolomitesworld.com/en/garni-hotel-arya-alpine-lodge.html
Not only are the ski routes more clear, they also have information on restaurants, hotels, arrival tips etc...

So if you want to go on a ski trip & haven't decided where to go, I hope this review will help you decide
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Adrii, Are you Bruno, or Tania?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
red 27 wrote:
@Adrii, Are you Bruno, or Tania?

It does sound like it but no XD. Whilst it's true I hope this will help them, but I truly do recommend this to everyone here on Snowhead.

You could say I'm being a busybody but in my line of work as cabin crew, we regularly post tips for trips so I thought why not do it for this as well; especially since there is the Resort Reviews & Trip Report.

Currently this is day 3 of 7 for my brother & I and everything has been great. Amazing days of skiing with Blue Birds everyday so far, and the B&B is great for recharging. Although if you are looking for swimming pool, gym & sauna, you will have to look elsewhere.

Once I get back to London, I'll probably post some restaurant recommendations
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Forgot to give a heads-up, but Selva is pricier than other places
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy