Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Parking - Car Rental (IndigoNeo)

Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

I've seen a few posts mixed amongst larger topics, but personally I feel that a separate thread will prove more helpful for those seeking clarity.

This season sees a major change to parking reservations; with IndigoNeo taking responsibility for the main tourist car parks. The main issue which has arisen is for those who will be arriving via a rental car.

Previous years, you booked a space, were sent a code, arrived, punched the code in and the barrier went up. Basic and it worked. This year, to reserve a space you must enter in the licence plate of the rental vehicle. Without this you can't reserve. It's very unlikely that you will know your rental car's licence plate until you pick it up on the day you are due to arrive.

It appears (including the frustrating email I received) that you cannot amend your reservation and the only way to make the change is to cancel and rebook - which is mad. Especially as some weeks of the year, car parks are sold out.

So, I thought it would be helpful if people who have been in a similar vein could respond with their experiences and if they've found a workable solution to this.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have reserved a parking space at the Golf car park with a rental car no problem. No need to enter a reg plate. Some confusion as to how to change the details after picking up a rental car. I have contacted them direct to be told that you cannot change car details (as have a few others) but their FAQ online suggests that you can, by adding to ‘your vehicles’ in the my account section. Would be nice to hear from someone who has actually done this though.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hello,
We were super stressed over parking as we had a last minute resort switch from Morzine to Tignes.
Happy to report that we arrived late tonight, parked in Lac3 and paid on arrival.
You just enter through the barrier, take a ticket, park up (there were quite a few free spaces), head to the ticket machine and then select 7 day parking (or however long you need), pay the €99, the machine gives you a new long-stay ticket and receipt…all sorted.
We were imagining all sorts of nightmare scenarios but it was absolutely fine.
The parking attendant advised that Lac 1 and Lac 2 also have some spaces free.
Have a good break!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had a email reply basically saying you cant book without a License plate and they suggested booking when you collect the car.
My plan is either turn up and risk there's a space or book a place with a real or made up License plate and cancel it when i collect the car and then rebook with the rental car plate hoping no one jumps in and books your spot .

Ill be parking in Golf , not sure how busy that gets beginning of March

Look forward to everyone's experiences
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've had the most frustrating conversation with IndigoNeo about this. As with other users here, the message is, "our system doesn't work that way".

A reservation must have the licence plate details you intend to use - you cannot change this after booking.
A reservation can be cancelled one hour before the planned arrival time.

Low season, not a problem. High season, this method isn't fit for purpose.

I do worry that the following situation will occur:
- Make a reservation now for February 2023.
- Arrive at airport, collect rental car
- Go onto Tignes Parking / IndigoNeo and see there are no free spaces.
- Cancel my original reservation
- Either, i) system doesn't update so no space is feed up; or ii) someone else books that spot.

So now I am left thinking:
1. Do I reserve, arrive and then argue with the nice people in the parking office that I have a space but now have a different car?
2. Not bother reserving as it's not meaningless and just hope for the best.
3. Spend ~£10 and get a second plate made of my own car's licence plate, use that to reserve the parking with, take the plate with me to France and stick it on the rental car when I approach the barrier. < as silly as this sounds, if Tignes keep this stupid system in place, it's likely to be something I use for many years to come!

Thoughts?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I can't add a photo here but if you have a booking ( i have a booking for feb half term) which I booked with a rental car - there is a section in My Vehicles where I can add a vehicle.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@james75, when you booked, what did you enter as your licence plate?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I typed in 'Rental Car' it worked for me.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@james75, interesting - this conflicts with every email I've had from IndigoNeo on this. They have said it is not possible to amend your booking. Have you tried amending with a vehicle afterwards? I wonder whether "My Vehicles" just acts as a favourites list where you can easily pick vehicles for your next booking.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have clicked on the add vehicle section and it does give you the option to add a vehicle. I haven’t typed anything in as I’m unsure if you can do it multiple times.

I have had the same message as you from indigo parking with regards to not being able to change/add a vehicle but having checked the faq online and actually logged in to my booking it does appear that it can be done! Very confusing.

My plan is to make sure I have the app on my phone - as soon as I collect my rental car I will attempt to add the vehicle to my account. If I can’t then I will cancel and rebook (bit concerned with this option as I am in peak feb half term week!).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I’m kind of hoping that someone on here will come along between now and feb half term with the same problem who’s been successful in adding a vehicle!,
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@james75, don't think you can download the app in the UK (I tried the other week), so you'd have to wait until you're here to get the app.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@swskier, if you're on Android try setting up a second, French, Google account. You can switch between accounts and download apps which are only available to french users.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
james75 wrote:
I have reserved a parking space at the Golf car park with a rental car no problem. No need to enter a reg plate. Some confusion as to how to change the details after picking up a rental car. I have contacted them direct to be told that you cannot change car details (as have a few others) but their FAQ online suggests that you can, by adding to ‘your vehicles’ in the my account section. Would be nice to hear from someone who has actually done this though.

Hey - which FAQ did you read? The one I've seen is this: https://indigoneo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/5092104077340-I-have-made-a-reservation-for-a-vehicle-and-I-am-finally-going-to-park-with-another-vehicle-is-this-possible-

which is clear that it's not possible.

Madness.

I've also emailed Tignes directly - nothing yet. I'm assuming they know they've messed up, but there is very little they can do!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Any updates yet with real life rental car parking ???
I Still haven't booked into Val-claret Golf yet

Can you just turn up and pay or pay when you exit
snow conditions
Cheesed off with Tignes introducing car parking charges for the previously free parking that we've used for about 20 years rolling eyes

Given the £500 a week car hire costs and the parking charges, we cancelled our January 2023 car and booked our first ever bus transfers from Geneva at about €100pp return. It worked out great (all very relaxing).

Bus transfers are the way forward for us from now on - already booked for our next Tignes trip in March.
snow report
Quote:

Given the £500 a week car hire costs and the parking charges, we cancelled our January 2023 car and booked our first ever bus transfers from Geneva at about €100pp return. It worked out great (all very relaxing).

Bus transfers are the way forward for us from now on - already booked for our next Tignes trip in March.

Just back from doing exactly this. Worked out really well. Saved at least £400 I reckon.
snow report
Wouldn't do it any other way if flying
snow report
james75 wrote:
I have clicked on the add vehicle section and it does give you the option to add a vehicle. I haven’t typed anything in as I’m unsure if you can do it multiple times.

I have had the same message as you from indigo parking with regards to not being able to change/add a vehicle but having checked the faq online and actually logged in to my booking it does appear that it can be done! Very confusing.

My plan is to make sure I have the app on my phone - as soon as I collect my rental car I will attempt to add the vehicle to my account. If I can’t then I will cancel and rebook (bit concerned with this option as I am in peak feb half term week!).

@James75 - How did you get on ??
or anyone else for that matter
ski holidays
wasley wrote:
james75 wrote:

Going on Sunday! Will update with progress!
latest report
james75 wrote:
wasley wrote:
james75 wrote:

Going on Sunday! Will update with progress!

@james75 Sorry to hassle you but how did it go??
Im there in 2 weeks but only for 5 day so was going to book 7 days as its the same price , but now its showing full ( Golf )Sat-Sat .
Lucky i arrive Sunday which is available at the moment so keen to book if its doable
thanks
snow conditions
You shouldget a barrier code soyou just turn up and pump the numbers in and bingo you’re in. Worked really well just that there wasn’t actually any space indoors!
snow conditions
james75 wrote:
You shouldget a barrier code soyou just turn up and pump the numbers in and bingo you’re in. Worked really well just that there wasn’t actually any space indoors!

I've just made the booking and there is a Digicode 4** B** A** # , would this be the code ??
So you didn't have to add the Hire car reg to your existing booking or cancel then rebook , just use the code they supplied
ski holidays
wasley wrote:
james75 wrote:

I've just made the booking and there is a Digicode 4** B** A** # , would this be the code ??
So you didn't have to add the Hire car reg to your existing booking or cancel then rebook , just use the code they supplied

Yes - There is a key pad on entry and exit and you tap the code in. There is a 24/7 reception so I called in there on entry and exit to check. Didn’t have to enter a reg number at all.
snow conditions
We'll need parking for this season in mid-December from Monday midday to Friday mid-afternoon. This isn't quite 5 full days so the online system will not allow the booking. Could anyone confirm whether the barriers will actually open and allow us to leave early if we pre-book until Saturday midday? I would have thought so, but you never know Laughing.

Additionally, what is the 24hr rate for parking at any of the Le Lac carparks? Would we be saving much by not pre-booking (for the additional time that we do not require)?
snow conditions
Quote:

Could anyone confirm whether the barriers will actually open and allow us to leave early if we pre-book until Saturday midday?

From past experience, yes. With a pre-booking you should be able to come and go as you please during the period you have booked. But you may want to send the parking office an email to confirm: P730508@group-indigo.com . They usually respond the following morning.

Quote:

Additionally, what is the 24hr rate for parking at any of the Le Lac carparks?

Last year was 23.30€ for 24 hours or an overnight stay of over 12 hours. Not yet seen the rates for this winter but will post them on the following thread, page 1, 5th post once I'm in Tignes and done a Tour des Parkings:

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=165539#5188013
ski holidays
bobski62 wrote:
Quote:

Could anyone confirm whether the barriers will actually open and allow us to leave early if we pre-book until Saturday midday?

From past experience, yes. With a pre-booking you should be able to come and go as you please during the period you have booked. But you may want to send the parking office an email to confirm: P730508@group-indigo.com . They usually respond the following morning.

Quote:

Additionally, what is the 24hr rate for parking at any of the Le Lac carparks?

Last year was 23.30€ for 24 hours or an overnight stay of over 12 hours. Not yet seen the rates for this winter but will post them on the following thread, page 1, 5th post once I'm in Tignes and done a Tour des Parkings:

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=165539#5188013

That's super informative, thank you for taking the time to share and post this information.
ski holidays
Hi All, Not sure if I should start a new topic or dig this one up (noob). I was in Tignes last year, and used the parking Rosset 3/4 times. When I try and book now I notice that all of the Indigo parkings say they have a height restriction of 1.9 metres. I have a VW Sharan with a roof box, so heightwise I'm in the region of 2.05 or 2.10 metres. I'm guessing they have not lowered the parking Very Happy , so wondering if it's a default height restriction Indigo have put on all of their parkings...? All Indigo parkings in Tignes appear to have 1.9 metres max. Thinking of booking Rosset anyway, as I know I parked in it last year in same car, and same roof box... Anyone else park there recently can confirm my memory is not leading me astray?
Thanks
mullins
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi @mullins, I think you are on the right track and it's most unlikely that Indigoneo have gone around all the car parks in Tignes and lowered them, just out of spite Toofy Grin

If you head to this thread, and peruse the 5th post on page 1 you will see all the car park heights listed, as they stood at the end of last season (May 2023).

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=165539

Once I'm in Tignes (hoping about three weeks time) I will check them all and confirm. In the meantime you will find that @RobH2017, on page 3 of the above thread, did finally persuade Indigoneo to step out of their office and take a look at the sign on the entrance to Lac 3 parking, at least.

It's simply laziness on the part of the parking company and neecessitates threads like this one and the one above. Val d'Isere, by contrast, clearly state the correct heights of all their car parks.
ski holidays
@bobski62 Thank you very much! Legendary response, and very impressed with the response time! I was going to default to Rosset, but have now put a calendar reminder in my phone for 25/11 and will try get a spot in Lac 3, as it's closer to our accommodation!

Much thanks and kudos to @RobH2017 also for the highly detailed post

Thanks! *Running off to read the rest of that thread
latest report
@bobski62 - after re-reading the threads, I've booked my parking. I had initially misunderstood the 25th November date...
Thanks again!
ski holidays
For those looking at Indigo Neo season passes including discount ones, there appears to be a timezone problem with their website with some browsers. A workaround appears to be disabling automatic location on the laptop and manually selecting France (Paris). This cured it for some people. I had no problems on Safari, but it seemed to manifest itself when you selected the start date of the season (0001 hours on the relevant date) the website then automatically changed this to 2301 the previous day - when parking is free and therefore no products were available! This appeared in a box in the top left (ish) of the screen.

I would say I'm not a geek but this is how I understand it!

@bobski62, Can you include this in your dit by editing on the main thread. Ta!

I wonder if Admin can create a head banging against a car park wall emoji?
ski holidays
If the number plate is only required for a 'number plate recognition system check' upon entry to the car park, then as you are no longer on a public road, you should be able to place a 'trade plate' over your rental car's number plate (just prior to entry).

So if you have any spare number plate kicking around, that should do, even if for another vehicle. Otherwise get some white perspex/plastic and felt-tip a number on it.

If patrolling car park wardens use the license plate to check the right car is in the right space, then I guess that means you'll have to use 'trade plates' front & rear.
ski holidays
Hello! Parking query… thanks to last minute decision to go skiing with family who are teachers, we’ve been limited to Feb half term 10-17 Feb. The only accommodation left was in a chalet in Hameaux le Chevril which is a few minutes drive from Tignes 1800 (doesn’t look an easy walk). It seems like previous guests were able to park for free in 1800 but that doesn’t seem an option for us this year, and online searches suggest the parking lots in 1800 are now reserved for saisonnaires and residents only.

If we book a space in Tignes le Lac for the week through Indigoneo, will we be able to drive in and out each day? Or do you need to leave your car there for the week (obviously that won’t work for us as we will need to get to our accommodation each night).

Presumably taxis every day would be stupidly expensive!

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Bit stressed about the whole parking situation…..
snow report
Hi @Mountainmum, please don't stress - you will get parked up OK! Enjoy looking forward to your holiday. You are right, that taking accomodation where you have does create an issue of how to get to the lifts each day. There are only a couple of buses each day along that road and certainly in the direction of Val d'Isere it's not a walk I'd advise. First let's pick up on your main question:

Quote:

If we book a space in Tignes le Lac for the week through Indigoneo, will we be able to drive in and out each day?

Basically, yes. That has consistently been my experience in the past, and that of other snowheads. However, a few other thoughts...

Walking: rather than Val, if you were to walk over the dam to Tignes 1800 at least you have a separate pavement most of the way and I don't think it would take more than 10 minutes. You could check with Sport 2000 - Alpes Glisses (on the roundabout) if - for a modest fee - they would store your skis and boots each night so you can walk in street shoes.

Les Brevieres: it's an easier drive than up to Le Lac as the main road down is cleared more often / more quickly and once you make the left turn to Brev, even if there is still snow on the road, it is plan flat. South car park gives easy access to the bubble.

Day parking: rather than buying a pass for the week, consider paying day by day. OK you won't have a reserved space but it may work out cheaper - and you will get parked: even if the covered parking is all full, they will sell you a ticket to park on the road 'en voirie'.

Val d'Isere: this would be my own preference if I were staying in Hameaux de Chevril. I'd buy a space in the covered parking in La Daille (height restriction 1.9m). The drive is way way easier than heading up the hill to Le Lac, as it's largely in tunnels or galleries and is pretty flat. On stormy days you'd be able to get your ski gear on in the dry and just cross the road to access the La Daille bubble or the funicular up to Bellevarde. The other massive benefit on stormy days is that you have tree-lined runs right there to get the best viz and least wind during the worst weather; the bubble keeps running unless the wind is really mental; the funicular is guaranteed in all weathers and will only close if it's actually too dangerous to ski. No stress about the link back to Tignes being closed and Rosee Blanche on the spot for Apres. When, in the past, I have bought week-at-a-time parking in Val, I have been able to come and go each day, no problem.

@chocksaway, my apologies, I missed your post so I will attend to this update shortly. I guess it has the potential to cause a nuisance for holiday parking too, by potentially adding an extra unwanted day to the start of the booking or blocking the booking by mistakenly adjusting it to not start at the weekend.

@Crosbie, quelle astuce! Of course, no need for a trade plate on the back if you reverse into a space which backs up against a wall. Guess I will now have to go around and check where all the CCTV cameras are on the approaches to car park entrances... wink
snow conditions
I’ve read the very helpful comments re the various car parks above - would be thrilled if anyone arriving in Tignes soon would be able to confirm heights still all as claimed. I think we’ll need the 2.25 or 2.65 options for an SUV with sizeable roofbox, so would appreciate confirmation before ignoring the very irritating indigoneo 1.90 claim!
ski holidays
Hi @swoafs, I checked most of the covered car parks last week and none of them had shrunk to 1.9m so the headrooms quoted on page 1 of the main Tignes thread still stand. I've not yet re-visited Golf but will do tonight.

The only word of caution - which is an update I need to do - is that in Lavachet only the entrance and exit levels are 2.65m. going up to higher levels it's 2.15m and going down it's 2.40m. So you have to be lucky and have spare spaces available on the levels you need them.
snow report
Golf visited. Updates done. None of the car parks have shrunk. Hourly tariffs unchanged from last winter.
snow report
Thanks Bobski. As mentioned above I followed up with Lac 3 specifically but I imagine the below applies to all car park heights. Not a helpful website.

Hello,

Parking heights are not up to date on our site.
Lake 3 at an entrance height of 2 meters 25 and the lowest height is 2m15.

Sincerely,

Marion
Boutique Tignes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy