Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Diablerets, Switzerland, June 20

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The things we do to ski Very Happy

Starting with getting up at 6:30 on a Sunday, in fact I would have got up earlier but the lifts at Les Diab' are only supposed to open at 0820.

Things started badly when the woman on the ticket desk looked at me as though I was deranged, which while not an uncommon reaction seemed to be connected to buying a lift ticket. After a brief conversation where she pointed out it was snowing at the top and there was no refund and me pointing out snow fall wasn’t some entirely unexpected for a skier I got my ticket.

Stepping off the top cable car I found this. At this point they were 6 snowboarders and me (on skis) there. After a long coffee 5 of the boarders left, which proves they’ve little or no staying power Very Happy

I wouldn’t say the visibility was poor but this guy seems to have lost the sledge.

By now it’s 9:30 and there’s just me and one boarder left, a French girl who was in the area and wanted to board. The lift guys decided if we wanted they’d open the lifts and we could ski, after about 2 seconds consideration this looked like a good idea. The only proviso was that when we’d done we should let the lift guys know so they turn the lifts off.

About an hour later I was beginning to wonder if my optimism about the weather improving was a bit misplaced, then this. Hardly perfect but quite sufficient. After the snowfall the skiing was really pretty good, with a few inches of light powder.

By 12 the other half of the skiing public decided she’d had enough getting wet and cold and decided to go home. After another couple of hours tracking out the powder by the pistes and entertaining a coach load of Arab day trippers I called it a day.

Some more photos.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like you had an 'interesting' day! Nice photos. Was it windy? I'm hoping that this morning's really heavy rainfall has improved things at Tignes, seriously considering a trip up in the morning - sun forecast, and cold again.

Couldn't find the photos of you entertaining the tourists. Can I ask what tricks you performed? Wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PG wrote:
Couldn't find the photos of you entertaining the tourists. Can I ask what tricks you performed? Wink

They didn't seem quite as jaded as we are Very Happy Snow seemed a pretty big deal to them so just the balancing on two planks trick seemed to keep their video cam's going ...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy