Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone rate Warth/Schröcken and surrounding areas?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Seeking advice on a good resort within 2 hrs of Innsbruck.
I'm skiiing next March as a group of 8 adults. 2 boarders and a mixed ability group.
St Anton was the preferred option but can't find hotels readily available and I feel there could be other, cheaper options in the area. Also concerned it might be too hard for the few beginners.
I was considering Lech and Zurs, or Warth. Found a hotel in Warth which looks great but wondering what the skiing is like there as I've never heard of it.
Any alternative ideas very gratefully received.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Warth and Schrocken both great but not within 2 hours of Innsbruck - in winter you’d have a longer drive round via Bludenz as road Lech-Warth is closed.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skied and stayed there many times and it’s a great place, fabulous snow record. DM me and I’ll give you some do’s and dont’s if you like. It’s a special place and well worth a trip. It’ll take much longer to get there than 2 hours btw from IBK and you’ll need a fully winterised car.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep been to Warth Schroeken twice. skiing is good intermediate stuff, with some good nursery and easier slopes available it you've got beginner, easy access to Lech and Zurs provided the link is open. If you like to chalk up the kms you'll want to venture across to Lech/Zurs. I found the skiing really relaxing. the Ski area can actually be pretty quiet. On my last visit, I had a fresh powder piste to myself for nearly an hour (it was actually a regular Red piste, just no one skiing on it) bloody marvelous......
Some good fun play areas too for those who wish to do something other than just piste..
I flew to Friedrichshafen, and hired a car., stopped off at Damuels for half a day (well worth a visit). Warth / Shroeken does work out a little less expensive than St Anton, but it really is a lot quieter. So, If Apes is your thing you may struggle.

Tempted to try the husky tour is the conditions are right. http://www.huskytouren.at/

And I'm planning a trip there next season, so must be good.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@brightonian,
You're talking about the Arlberg region.
Within Arlberg, St.Anton is the -rather boisterous- King, and Lech the -more serene- Queen.
The Queen does not come cheaper than the King, on the contrary.
Warth is a nice, more modest Princess, closely connected to the Queen.
Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@brightonian, what are you after? some cheaper hotels in Stuben...although not a great base for beginners
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
One more vote for Warth/Schröcken.

A lot of north(ish)-facing slopes, more than much of the rest of the Arlberg. Plenty of opportunities for easy offpiste in the slack country, many of them requiring little or no traversing from a piste. The run down to Schröcken, via Korbersee, is worth doing once - not so much for the skiing, which is on summer roads, but for the absolutely stunning scenery, including from the bus that you use to return to the ski area. Access to Lech and beyond is easy.

The lift co has invested serious money in the last few years to upgrade and expand the snow-making infrastructure.

The flip side of being north-facing, and with having the Wartherhorn shading the slopes toward Warth, it can get seriously cold, especially in January.

Tends to be quieter than the rest of the Arlberg. It still has a little of the “locals mountain” vibe about it; you will see people at the bottom of the Saloberjet setting up their picnic chairs on sunny days. There are a lot of well-used walking trails. You will also see sled dog teams occasionally.

I don’t know much about accomm costs, but on-mountain food costs are now on par with Lech/Zürs. A favourite is S1 at the bottom of the Saloberjet. Pricey now, but we love the food, especially the Käsespätlze probably the best in the Arlberg (IMHO).
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
+1 from me.
Never stayed there since it is 3h from where we live and it is perfekt for some one day Excursions
Not so chrap as before the Connection with lech however i love it
Many blue slopes some nice reds blacks and with the Connection you have further more
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@brightonian, Warth is nice but not easy to access from Innsbruck (or many other places, the only sensible option is from Bregenz though you can drive via Reutte and then a long drive down the upper Lechtal). Try looking at Pettneu, access to the skiing is as easy as most of "St Anton" (many places that describe themselves as in St Anton are in fact in Nasserein, St Jakob or Gand which involve getting the bus anyway) the ski buses are very efficient and regular (every 20 mins). St Anton is actually good for complete beginners as the main nursery slopes are at at mid mountain level accessible via gondola the issue is moving on from that as the choice of relatively easy quiet pistes is somewhat limited. You might find either Ischgl or the Zillertal are better options when travel and availability of easy skiing are taken into account.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@brightonian, I've stayed at Warth a couple of times but flown into Zurich as the direct road/pass via Lech is closed at winter. Stayed at a "boutique" hotel across the road from the chairlift out of Warth which was never really busy ( both trips were late season). As regards skiing Lech/Zurs/St Anton I would say that Warth is really out on a limb being at one extreme of the Arlberg system. Don't expect anywhere near the apres-ski of the main 3 resorts either, Warth has not a great deal going on outside of hotels. As regards skiing, there is some pleasant open terrain but don't expect anything really challenging, runs 252/253, classed as blacks, are lovely wide cruising pistes that I tended to lap a few times. The access to Lech and beyond is via the Auenfeld Jet, a new-ish gondola that brings skiers to Weibermahder lift at Lech. If I'm honest, despite the very pleasant location and pretty decent skiing there are better places to stay in the Arlberg, just as quiet but nearer to the ski action and apres life.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@skimastaaah, fair points, but closer access equals big money
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy