Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 Zinnen / 3 Cime

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hallo fellow Snowheads,

This is my first post as I’m new on here.
I was planning to go with my gf and her family to 3 zinnen in the beginning of February and just wanted to know if anyone on here could share his/her experience with this resort. I have been to Kronplatz last year, which was I must say nice, but the snow quality was a little mwah.. I have seen quite some photos on here and must say 3 Zinnen looks amazing. By the way I’m looking for something not that crowded, no drunk english or dutch fellas like austria.

I hope I will get answers Smile
Tha k you inadvance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Stembi5, welcome to SHs Happy

You might want to make your thread title a bit more explicit? There's an edit icon that lets you change it snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try this thread :
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=5180231&highlight=drei+zinnen#5180231
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you guys for the reply!
I will be more explicit, we are planning to stay at Moso and we will be skiing only for like 4 days, so not a full week. I’m an expert skier I would say, but the rest of the companion is not that good, so I’ve read here and there that it won’t be a problem to ski there. Has anyone been there recently? Are the slopes prepared well? Are there huge queues to be expected at the beginning of February? I know people recommend to visit Kronplatz as well, but I’ve been there last year, and the snow was really disappointing, so I was hoping 3 Zinnen would satisfy my expectations a bit more
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Stembi5, what was it that disappointed you about the snow in Kronplatz? I don't know what the snow was like there last February but was it a problem with Kronplatz specifically or just that it was a poor snow period when you went?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Stembi5 wrote:
Thank you guys for the reply!
I will be more explicit, we are planning to stay at Moso and we will be skiing only for like 4 days, so not a full week. I’m an expert skier I would say, but the rest of the companion is not that good, so I’ve read here and there that it won’t be a problem to ski there. Has anyone been there recently? Are the slopes prepared well? Are there huge queues to be expected at the beginning of February? I know people recommend to visit Kronplatz as well, but I’ve been there last year, and the snow was really disappointing, so I was hoping 3 Zinnen would satisfy my expectations a bit more

There's a variety of slopes, but your companions will need to ski reds competently to explore the whole area and do the skitour to Padola.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'disappointing' snow at Kronplatz either. Do you mean poor piste preparation on the mountain? Or was it getting cut up later in the day? Or was it just a period where it hadn't snowed for a while and the pistes were getting worn out?

I've always found snowmaking & piste preparation to be good in the Dolomiti areas, but surely an 'expert' would be able to cope with moguls anyway?! wink

There has been some good early season snow in the Dolomites this year. It rarely snows a lot in Winter there, it's one of the driest corners of the Alps, but the artificial snow makes up for it.

No-one can predict exactly what it will be like in early February, that depends on what happens in the 2-3 weeks before you arrive, but it's in the middle of the season, after the coldest month, when snow depths on the lower mountain are usually reaching their peak, so hopefully it will be good for you.

I was there in mid-February and it was pretty quiet compared to the Sella Ronda & Kronplatz.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
To be more precise I went to Kronplatz towards the last week of February and temperatures were good low at night but overdays you could feel it rose a lot, so the slopes were good in the morning, but towards 11/noon it was watery especially on the return slopes (which I liked the most). I was unlucky with the weather sadly, but as a resort, lifts and slopes overall Kronplatz is impressive.
Next week I will be going for a few days in Vialattea, which has had some good snowfalls in the past 2/3 weeks, but the hot sun destroyed it all, and then I will try the Finnish Levi for a week, so I’m really curious to see how Lapland is Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
To be more precise I went to Kronplatz towards the last week of February and temperatures were good low at night but overdays you could feel it rose a lot, so the slopes were good in the morning, but towards 11/noon it was watery especially on the return slopes (which I liked the most). I was unlucky with the weather sadly, but as a resort, lifts and slopes overall Kronplatz is impressive.
Next week I will be going for a few days in Vialattea, which has had some good snowfalls in the past 2/3 weeks, but the hot sun destroyed it all, and then I will try the Finnish Levi for a week, so I’m really curious to see how Lapland is Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Stembi5 wrote:

Yeah, you have to stay high and follow the sun around the mountain in Spring conditions and accept that the lower runs will be suffering at the end of the day.

So it was more about the mild weather than the ski area itself.

Hopefully will be cooler in early Feb.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy