Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LIVE TR: Les Menuires 1st to 8th April 2023

Poster: A snowHead
@Layne, just roll him on his back and give a little shove, he'll find his way to the bottom of the hill pretty quickly and no doubt be picked up and dropped off at his hotel in due course.

I'm sure Stanton will be seething it wasn't a drunken English 'cheapskate non tipping punter' who he likes to brag about the locals spitting in their food simply because they are from the UK.

Glad you're enjoying the trip, enjoy the last few days and stay safe mate.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sun shone the whole day today but still nice and cold for the most part.

We mostly piste skied all the way over to Signal above Courch 1650 and back. A good 7 hours skiing time with a picnic lunch at Signal looking over the back mountains. I had a couple of minor off piste shimmies.

Forecast for cloud and a small amount of fresh in the morning.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Layne, enjoying your trip report and have also been benefiting from these same conditions in the 3V. What a week, so lucky to be here! Enjoy your final day/s skiing.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Skimum1, we certainly are lucky this week.

Because we are driving we have two more days skiing!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Layne wrote:
The Folie Douce is on the way home to Les Menuires if coming from Val T - it's on the right as we exit a chair - so we often stop for 5 or 10 minutes to take in the general spectacle and "bounce".

Today we were all standing and watching, and we notice a geezer looking a little worse for wear. He stumbles across the skis strewn across the slope, falls, gets up, stumbles a bit further and then falls again. Ends up and his hands and knees facing downhill slightly, with his forehead on the snow. I was quite impressed when he got up again a good minute or so later.

At this point my 15yo daughter asks if I'm going to go help him. I hesitate and she gets out of her skis ready to go. Mum says she can't but I decide to go for it. At this point he's on his knees again. When I get there I see he has a bad cut on his chin and blood dripping down to the snow. I ask if he speaks English. Yes, he says, he's Danish. I ask where he's friends are. He misinterprets and says "Denmark"!

Long story short I ask if he needs help but he insists he will be fine and doesn't need help. This is doubtful but there is not a lot I can do and leave him to it.

When we were in VT at the weekend 2 young Danes on a chairlift told us they were part of a group of 900, who had travelled for 24 hours on 27 coaches! Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Layne wrote:
@Skimum1, we certainly are lucky this week.

Because we are driving we have two more days skiing!

Tomorrow is going to be absolutely epic!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It was pleasant when I did the bread run at 8 but by 9 snow had begun to fall. Wasn't expecting much but it really got going. It was cloudy and a bit snowy most of the day.

We spent the day in Meribel. Highlight was Face. Lovely powder on a flatish base.

Had lunch in the new picnic room at Chaudanne, nice and cosy. Did a couple of runs through the snowpark before getting over with only a few mins to spare.

A great day and tomorrow should be even better.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Absolutely fantastic day. Bluebird, great off piste. Great banter among the ski group.

Car now packed and driving down the mountain.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've just arrived in Les menuires. First week here. Any recommendations for reasturant please. Mountain and local places in Menuires would be appreciated. Staying in Caron next to the Preyerand.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 9-04-23 7:36; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Layne wrote:
Absolutely fantastic day. Bluebird, great off piste. Great banter among the ski group.

Sounds great! Hope the trip home went ok.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Stuski wrote:
I've just arrived in Les menuires. First week here. Any recommendations for reasturant please. Mountain and local places in Menuires would be appreciated. Staying in Caron next to the Preyerand.

Apologies we don't use restaurants - best ask here
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The Flying Snowplough wrote:
Layne wrote:

Sounds great! Hope the trip home went ok.

Lost a headlamp at Chambery (no spare and need tools/bug of a job anyhow) and some nasty fog before and after the tunnel but we made it through - 3 stints each with me and the mrs.

Just going to add some photos and vids!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This was the afternoon ski on arrival Saturday 1st April - wife and daughter in shot:

And this is the view from the apartment we awoke to on Sunday 2nd:

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Inversion on Monday April 3rd:

snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Skiing down Brigues to Le Praz on Monday April 3rd - snow slushy but still good all the way to the bottom.

Me and my old chum stayed in Le Praz 30 years ago so we had a little memento taken

latest report
View off the back of Masse 4th April - tracks down are one of the Lac de Lou off piste variations:

Looking back from Lac de Lou at the route we took from the top of Boismint

snow report
We don't want no yellow snow round here:

snow conditions
The two young lads on the trip (my son and my mates son):

ski holidays
View back to La Masse, and further away Cime Caron, from the top pf the Lac Noir piste:

snow report
No problems, thanks for link. Looks like you had a great trip. It's very warm here this week so far.
snow report
Thanks for the report and pics. You definitely lucked in with weather / conditions! Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy