Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine dilemma this April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. I'm looking for a bit of advice about being in Morzine once the season ends in April.

I've decided on a Morzine trip this Easter because it's not high. My wife doesn't ski/snowboard and she doesn't like heights or mountain passes. Also, we're both keen to spend a day visiting the pretty French towns on Lake Geneva. But it will also be the first snowboarding trip for my teenage kids. And I trust Morzine-based Mint Snowboarding to teach them properly. (I did a fab snowboarding course with Mint in early January.)

Because of work, we will drive down on the Thursday before Easter, and return on the Friday after Easter. My wife has to leave late on Easter Sunday (Geneva flight), so from Monday I can ride with the kids (they'll already have been taking lessons).

But Morzine closes on the Monday. So if we stay on in Morzine I guess it will be quiet. Will restaurants still be open? Bars? But we can get up to Avoriaz quite easily (which is open until 23 April) via the bus and Prodains.

The alternative is to move somewhere higher and ski in/out for Tues-Thurs. We could even just drive up to Avoriaz. But then we have the faff of returning hire gear, driving etc, getting new gear...

What would you do if your life was this complicated?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not complicated, everything will be open in Morzine, just drive up to Prodains and park each morning and ski in Avoriaz. My kids love Easter, ski in the morning, lunch on the mountain and then down to the Skate board park in the afternoon to challenge the locals at football on the Astro.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
or park at Ardent ...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@BluePig, pretty much everything will be open in Morzine that week - as few places might have a night when they close as lots of them have end of season parties for their teams, but there’ll be plenty open. Some places open year round anyway - Le Local on Route de la Plagne and La Rotonde for two.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A few years ago I based in Morzine and due to the poor snow (very early) I just took the lift up to Avoriaz every day. And I hired from the shop right by the lift so I didn't even have to carry boots and skis back to the hotel, just left them there. No biggie.

I hope snowboarding lessons go well in April, they might be a bit wet if it's slush.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy